Sign in to follow this  
bryan1

Limited BLM in Glamis for thanksgiving

Did anyone else notice that Glamis was not over run by BLM this last week. It seems like Imperial county sheriff had taken back a majority of the enforcement. It was a real breath of fresh air to me as the sheriffs department is much better to talk to and deal with.  I took my kids over Saturday night to look at that new(ish) extreme mini rail they had out there and they were very engaged telling everyone about it and had my kids climb in and take pictures.    My hats off to the sheriffs department for all of their efforts out there. 

6 minutes ago, bryan1 said:

Did anyone else notice that Glamis was not over run by BLM this last week. It seems like Imperial county sheriff had taken back a majority of the enforcement. It was a real breath of fresh air to me as the sheriffs department is much better to talk to and deal with.  I took my kids over Saturday night to look at that new(ish) extreme mini rail they had out there and they were very engaged telling everyone about it and had my kids climb in and take pictures.    My hats off to the sheriffs department for all of their efforts out there. 

I think sandpsycho and LRS might have a different opinion...…...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spize909 said:

I think sandpsycho and LRS might have a different opinion...…...

Of the Sheriff's department or minimal BLM?

Edited by bryan1

Didn't see too many rangers down south either.

Was actually a calm Thanksgiving, not many people either.

1 hour ago, bryan1 said:

Of the Sheriff's department or minimal BLM?

He posted on Instagram that BLM was giving him a hard time and trying to jam him up.

I noticed this too wed morning they usually all pull into ranger station trucks parked all over well this time it was alot less of them.Figure thurs they will show up with more same deal .We only had one come up to camp that was our first day on saturday same guy who stopped by last year just checking if we were fine all was good chatted for a bit then he was off to the dunes to ride "or make his rounds like he said"

We didnt have 1 ranger come anywhere near our camp. No checkpoints, no big presence at the hill, nada

32 minutes ago, Brian B said:

We didnt have 1 ranger come anywhere near our camp. No checkpoints, no big presence at the hill, nada

That's AWESOME / Way it should be!!!

I can't confirm anything, merely speculation.

However the fires have stretched many agencies to breaking point, and the border happens to be of concern lately as well.  I'm not implying the fine men and women of the BLM law enforcement side is busy putting out fires or keeping out illegal aliens, only suggesting these two pressing issues could have some merit on the actual numbers of them being  allocated to baby sit "duners"  

Just saying.  

But whatever the reason is, I F-N LOVE IT!!!!   

Edited by stonehenge

Whatever the reason, it’s a welcome change for sure.  

Can't wait for new years....got a stripper pole, a bunch of pallets to burn and some killer 6ft tall speakers for the All Night Gecko party.....

Maybe they are using the dune enforcement money for the bullshit train? 

Sandpyscho told me to set up next to the  Tracey crew?????  How do I find them?????

28 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

How do I find them?

He'll find you. Open yore slides as soon as you put it in park!

rv-showjpg-849166625798e8d7.jpg

Edited by SofaKing