1 BAD  TOY FACTORY

SHOWWDOWN at NOON

Just now, Stugots said:

We are doing so well here guys lets not loose focus and start bashing QG . Nothing wrong with her taking a job to make some money we all have bills to pay.

True.

By the same token, she shouldn't be taking cheap shots at members concerned about safety by calling them whiners and claiming not to have enough tissues for them. She can show a lot more respect for fellow duners.

Speaking of bashing, I see people using that word more and more and it obviously means different things to different people. It seemed more like she wasn't adding anything positive to the conversation by calling people names in that post. Is that bashing by your definition?

I'm certainly not bashing anyone, just asking an objective question. 

1 hour ago, socaldmax said:

I think the real reason you feel this way about Jeff Pont and his friends has finally surfaced.

Not that I disagree with you. What they are doing IS illegal, but I'd go watch them do it again, in a safer location. 

To everyone else posting in this thread: you're posting a lot of good ideas to make this event safer. These guys have spent a lot of money to build these cars, so I don't think they're going to just quit racing each other, and I wouldn't want them to stop. Just do it a lot safer. Let's keep on thinking about and posting up some safety suggestions and leave the cheap shots for the spouses. 

Nothing gets past you. I don't think I have tried to hide that fact and it is out there in several threads. It doesn't change the fact that holding a racing event where speeds reach way over a 100 mph on anything but a closed course is dangerous reckless and just stupid. If they had killed the quad rider the lady killed by the Toyota would still be alive as the drags would have never happened later that day. 

Stugots you are welcome to remove my posts my friend lets keep their conversation on topic of the racing piece.  I don't care what their opinions are to be honest and didn't read their comments - I am going to Glamis :cheers: ☮️

14 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

If they had killed the quad rider the lady killed by the Toyota would still be alive as the drags would have never happened later that day. 

Except she was killed the day before HP Wars.

2 minutes ago, kazuaki said:

Except she was killed the day before HP Wars.

I thought she was killed Friday my mistake.  I don't attend the drags much.

6 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I thought she was killed Friday my mistake.  I don't attend the drags much.

She was, but the race in the video was Saturday.  Not that any of that really matter I guess...

35 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

True.

By the same token, she shouldn't be taking cheap shots at members concerned about safety by calling them whiners and claiming not to have enough tissues for them. She can show a lot more respect for fellow duners.

Speaking of bashing, I see people using that word more and more and it obviously means different things to different people. It seemed more like she wasn't adding anything positive to the conversation by calling people names in that post. Is that bashing by your definition?

I'm certainly not bashing anyone, just asking an objective question. 

I have no problem with members responding to her "Cheap Shots" but them having cooks has zero to do with this topic and that is why it was basically a nudge with " lets not loose focus and start bashing" comment. It was not to single anybody out but to simply re-focus before 3 more  post pop up about their cooks. :focus:

Anybody trying ebb on others with personal jabs and inner circle drama isn't necessary, most of y'all used to camp together  :blink:

Location of the Race was a high risk location vs other spots not far away with much less risk - end of story  :focus:

Side note: Are there anymore videos of the cars? Instagram seems to be the only place...I do love a good race.

Not going to bash on, or criticize anyone posting here, good ideas and opinions are what we all hope for. Things like this post/video are all part of the whole entertainment/ informative value of this site and Glamis in general (some of us can't or won't always be able to make it out). My safety thought or idea is to take some of the "uneven or whoop" out of the drags surface. Looking at the recent truck accident, the car that lost control, had someone or a couple people drug large pieces of weighted chainlink fence the length of the drags, it may have helped in making a safer flatter surface to race on. (Sanctioned sand drags have prepped surfaces to race on) why not in Glamis too? Seems like a reason why we prefer running certain lanes of travel there, its flatter, smoother, easier and safer to run faster down the drags. Taking time to prep the surface may be just an once of prevention to some, but anything we do in a positive way to make it safer is worth that time, and someones life may be spared because of it!

jus my .02

Probably don't need to say this and this is NOT directed to any one person:

You can not organize an event (of any kind) w/o a permit that you apply for 180 days in advance - Note, my info is a bit old as the 180 day rule was in effect the last time I went to pull a permit for a Sand Lino customer appreciation weekend.

We can not groom the hill, the dunes, the drags or anywhere. How long has the one bush been in the middle of the drags?

The State will not accept the liability of a drag course, special area, etc UNLESS you pull a permit and included in that is listing BLM on your insurance binder for the dates/times of the event.

There are some good safety suggestions - the simplest of all to me is Location, Location, Location.

My $.02 - worth 1/2 that

By the way, when will there be BBQ wars out there? That could be good :lol: 

11 minutes ago, matt86m said:

By the way, when will there be BBQ wars out there? That could be good :lol: 

I'm all in for this! I mean for the eating part, not the cooking :) 

8 hours ago, Supreme Air said:

Wow I've been on this forum  for almost 15 years I've seen the good the bad and the other... seems like alot of negativity every time I come on here now used to be alot of good information some of my best friends in life I met from this site  ....now it's just lots of bitching and complaining and definitely alot of hypocrites.... I personally dont care if you have a 300k sand car or 1600 cc Volkswagen if your my friend I will help you the best I can . There is alot of hate for some reason for people that have nicer things ....talk to them there not all bad ....there are ahole that have a tent and ahole who drive 750k prevost .....that the world we live in . Unfortunately some one can get hurt or worse killed by a 30 mph vehicle or 150 mph  vehicle .....let's help each other instead of bash .... I could sit here and talk shit about all the people on here that save spots are on every dune ride they shotgun a couple beers but I dont ....come on people let's work together not against each other do we really want more laws in the dunes ? 

AMEN Aron.... I met Aron in this type of  situation...Was on vacation in Pismo with my family and I was away in the Bay area with my job....wife and 3 kids were at camp in Pismo and wife lost her wallet....I contacted Supreme Air (NEVER MET THE GUY B4) and asked him to spot my wife 100 bucks....His answer was Send her over we are on our way to Breakfast ….Ill give her $500 and take the entire family with us to eat...…. All I wanted was them to have a 100 bucks till I got back the next day and Supreme made my wife take more money and offered their home up and ANYTHING they needed till I got back...……. THAT is what this place was built on...…...I haven't seen Aron in a few years but if he called me for help with anything...Id drop what I was doing and jump in...….

Glamis is a wide open space and we all enjoy different stuff. DOES NOT MATTER ….Jeep Lover / Drags Addict / Dune addict / 70 addict / Quad Rider / Old school buggy driver / 2 wheeling madman / Quad Runner.... IT DOESN"T matter and does not define you....Your attitude towards others is what counts...….. We really don't need more BLM rules and enforcement.....what we need is some major common sense...….Watching these high power cars run isn't my thing but I love to watch...….. Learn from a mistake and make it better for next time...That simple...…..The crew running this "event" has the coin...do it right …………. the place its happening now and the way its run isn't working based on the video that was posted...…...I in no way think this crew has any bad intentions whatsoever...they just love to race …….fix it by making it safer …...no more ...no less...…….

Sandpsycho told me about the way he was treated by the guy who parked on top of him and I 100 percent believe him how it went down....Ive known Mike for 13 years and he doesn't sugar coat it...THAT OTHER GUYS ATTITUDE is the exact reason these treads go off the rails ...…. Its simple....Don't Be a Dick....PERIOD...……...The cute passive aggressive posts jabbing away causes so much drama..... :wtf: Oh.....I am glad for QG she could be in the place she loves and make a buck....That's awesome!

That kid on the quad has a guardian angel!!! He was an innocent bystander headed back to camp and dodged a bullet BIG TIME. To comment that he was in the wrong for going back to his camp in a wide open desert  is plain IGNORANT!.... I fully understand our Resident PPOG(perfect people of glamis) President thinks it was parenting and under his eyeful watch it never would have happened.....kinda like equalizing your grey tanks to absolute perfection  to run into the black tanks with the proper mixture of whatever OR some other bullchit spew about running the correct amount of amps to a charger to remain in the dunes for 6 months at a time ,,,,bla,,,,,bla ...blaa………. Yeah,....we all get how the PPOG rolls...…. Thanks for always jumping in with such insiteful wisdom in EVERY SUBJECT known to man!

I am just glad that the kid was OK...… Lets learn from it and start treating others with some courtesy and a bit of respect...….it goes a long way. This board is not a perfect place but Ill take it over some of the other cencored BS sites that promote azz kissing and remind me of MSNBC with a dictatorship from the top...……

Lets learn from what can be better for next time and hopefully we get thru some future events without any injuries or deaths...Its a VERY dangerous sport...act accordingly and help educate as many others as possible...…...OH,,,,,and rich or poor or average Joe.....DON'T BE A DICK!

My Rant over!

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

3 hours ago, kazuaki said:

She was, but the race in the video was Saturday.  Not that any of that really matter I guess...

I stand corrected, so they could have gone 2 for 2. 

5 minutes ago, POULE43 said:

AMEN Aron.... I met Aron in this type of  situation...Was on vacation in Pismo with my family and I was away in the Bay area with my job....wife and 3 kids were at camp in Pismo and wife lost her wallet....I contacted Supreme Air (NEVER MET THE GUY B4) and asked him to spot my wife 100 bucks....His answer was Send her over we are on our way to Breakfast ….Ill give her $500 and take the entire family with us to eat...…. All I wanted was them to have a 100 bucks till I got back the next day and Supreme made my wife take more money and offered their home up and ANYTHING they needed till I got back...……. THAT is what this place was built on...…...I haven't seen Aron in a few years but if he called me for help with anything...Id drop what I was doing and jump in...….

Glamis is a wide open space and we all enjoy different stuff. DOES NOT MATTER ….Jeep Lover / Drags Addict / Dune addict / 70 addict / Quad Rider / Old school buggy driver / 2 wheeling madman / Quad Runner.... IT DOESN"T matter and does not define you....Your attitude towards others is what counts...….. We really don't need more BLM rules and enforcement.....what we need is some major common sense...….Watching these high power cars run isn't my thing but I love to watch...….. Learn from a mistake and make it better for next time...That simple...…..The crew running this "event" has the coin...do it right …………. the place its happening now and the way its run isn't working based on the video that was posted...…...I in no way think this crew has any bad intentions whatsoever...they just love to race …….fix it by making it safer …...no more ...no less...…….

Sandpsycho told me about the way he was treated by the guy who parked on top of him and I 100 percent believe him how it went down....Ive known Mike for 13 years and he doesn't sugar coat it...THAT OTHER GUYS ATTITUDE is the exact reason these treads go off the rails ...…. Its simple....Don't Be a Dick....PERIOD...……...The cute passive aggressive posts jabbing away causes so much drama..... :wtf: Oh.....I am glad for QG she could be in the place she loves and make a buck....That's awesome!

That kid on the quad has a guardian angel!!! He was an innocent bystander headed back to camp and dodged a bullet BIG TIME. To comment that he was in the wrong for going back to his camp in a wide open desert  is plain IGNORANT!.... I fully understand our Resident PPOG President thinks it was parenting and under his eyeful watch it never would have happened.....kinda like equalizing your grey tanks to absolute perfection  to run into the black tanks with the proper mixture of whatever OR some other bullchit spew about running the correct amount of amps to a charger to remain in the dunes for 6 months at a time ,,,,bla,,,,,bla ...blaa………. Yeah,....we all get how the PPOG rolls...…. Thanks for always jumping in with such insiteful wisdom in EVERY SUBJECT known to man!

I am just glad that the kid was OK...… Lets learn from it and start treating others with some courtesy and a bit of respect...….it goes a long way. This board is not a perfect place but Ill take it over some of the other cencored BS sites that promote azz kissing and remind me of MSNBC with a dictatorship from the top...……

Lets learn from what can be better for next time and hopefully we get thru some future events without any injuries or deaths...Its a VERY dangerous sport...act accordingly and help educate as many others as possible...…...OH,,,,,and rich or poor or average Joe.....DON'T BE A DICK!

My Rant over!

:poule:

Good post...........do I need to google PPOG?

7 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Good post...........do I need to google PPOG?

Perfect People Of Glamis, try and keep up with the acronyms.

IAll I can say is this, I hope they don’t stop doing those, because it is bad ass, and I would like to see one someday.    There’s  been a lot of comments,  and there are a lot of emotions, granted we just had a very  traumatic weekend as a Dune community, so it is very understandable. Everybody take a deep breath. Take a few as a matter of fact, it has helped me.  HP Wars I think is a fantastic thing,  Bad ass cars  and drivers lining up on the gate and  going toe to toe. There’s nothing like it.   These racers put a lot of time and effort into their cars,  it’s top fuel drag racing in the sand. I’m proud of that,  if there is a way to have these ran down there, I am all for it. People need to see this. Furthermore, I guarantee that the people that put on this event,  in particular the head guy,  whoever he is,  was a nervous wreck the day before, the day of, and during the event... only after it was over could he take a deep breath. What’s the reason? He was worried about people and their safety, I guarantee it. The reason why I know this? It’s because I felt that way every time we did an EPO.   Because if anything went down,  it comes down on me,  that is scary thing folks.  

What I saw  on the video, it was a very close call, and could’ve been very very bad. Thank the good Lord, or whoever you pray too, or if you’re an atheist, thank whatever the heck you want that it didn’t happen.    They know that.   

There is no better place in Glamis to do HP wars then right where they’re doing them now.   It could be well organized, the main thing is to get the insurance. Getting the permit with the BLM requires a lot of paperwork and  detailed explanation.   I had nothing but a great experience working with the BLM when I got my permit‘s for EPOs. They went step-by-step with me, took all my phone calls, got back with me in timely manners.   They went step-by-step, assuring me I had everything filled out before I submitted my application.   But it is very thorough, and if your missing stuff, you ain’t getting it.  Props to the BLM.  However, Insurance is very very expensive,  you are required to have all safety measures in place, ambulance, on site EMTs, handicap stuff, etc. etc.  It gets expensive.   

I would like to see the folks that put on HP wars work with the BLM, and try to do this legitimately.  I think it can be done. And I think it could be done right there. I don’t think it should be done on Thanksgiving weekend,  that’s some bad timing,  but on an off weekend, preferably during the week, It’s doable.. I would like to watch it.   And if  whoever is in charge of HP wars wants to rap, give me a call in the near future. My name is Rob, 619-778-7989.   I got a couple ideas for ya, hopefully it takes you guys in the right direction,  because I wouldn’t mind showing up and watch these big dogs run. 

And, through my dealings with BLM during the EPO stretch, I noticed that the BLM wanted the EPO  to happen almost as much as me, because I know they like having cool stuff down there also. I know it’s strange as it may sound to all of you, but that was the case.   

What a great opportunity to promote Dune safety, education, etiquette, wildlife, everything good about Mother G.  I think you guys could rock it.  

Btw, Aron, Poule, I just read your posts, well said

2 minutes ago, adam909 said:

Wow that’s a whole different angle he was starting to avoid the quad a football field away.

That angle shows the quad couldn't see until it was too late. Parked cars blocked the view.         

Maybe a good idea to create a "mouth" at the end, instead of a straight line. Gives way more time to stop people.

Edited by Legit Duner

3 hours ago, adam909 said:

That angle also shows that the car on the right did see the quad, and took evasive action. True, too close for comfort, true,  but he did miss him, and not just by accident. That makes me feel a lot better about the situation. 

2 hours ago, Legit Duner said:

That angle shows the quad couldn't see until it was too late. Parked cars blocked the view.         

Maybe a good idea to create a "mouth" at the end, instead of a straight line. Gives way more time to stop people.

Are you saying that if you were on that quad, you would have done the same thing?

18 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

That angle also shows that the car on the right did see the quad, and took evasive action. True, too close for comfort, true,  but he did miss him, and not just by accident. That makes me feel a lot better about the situation. 

I bet you wouldn't if it was you or someone you care about on that quad. 

So I guess it's safe to say that the high $$$ guys with their go fast HP cars would never show up and perform on off weekends of the late spring/summer months, right ?

I mean, they are only built to show off and go fast.

So if there isn't a crowd around to watch THEM, then it's no fun for THEM I suppose.

34 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I bet you wouldn't if it was you or someone you care about on that quad. 

Think about what is, not what if. I guess I can't say it any better than that. What I was meaning is that maybe the quad didn't see the car, but the car saw the quad. 

I guess if one of my loved ones were on that quad, it would definitely be a puckered moment, no doubt, but once I saw they were okay, the relief flooding through me would make everything else go away. And that is exactly what happened here. 

Edited by WLD-OTZ
clarification