DEV'S RZR

Sirius xm radio

Need some education  who has the best deals and is this something you can transfer to  multiple vehicles 

thanks in advance 

To transfer to multiple vehicles you need a removable tuner and a docking station in each car.  I had them for years and gave them up last year.  You can get a year for $60 plus fees through promotional offers, then it goes up to I think $17 a month.  Not worth it to me any more.

I have sirius xm onyx plus and move it from vehicle to vehicle, its a cigarette lighter power, with a corded antenna. works fine., just sometimes have to move the antenna on the dash when headed north. Look on amazon $48

I have a Sirius/XM portable receiver with 2 car docks and a home dock. I paid about $240 for it from Ebay, but it came with a lifetime subscription and all of the pay channels too. Works great, just don't listen to it much.

5 hours ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

To transfer to multiple vehicles you need a removable tuner and a docking station in each car.  I had them for years and gave them up last year.  You can get a year for $60 plus fees through promotional offers, then it goes up to I think $17 a month.  Not worth it to me any more.

I saw that offer too, but it must be secured by a credit card.

NEVER give Sirius a credit card, you would be better off providing it to the dark web.

17 minutes ago, Turbo_Manx_Maniac said:

I saw that offer too, but it must be secured by a credit card.

NEVER give Sirius a credit card, you would be better off providing it to the dark web.

If you have a Citibank credit card you can get a virtual credit card that you can set a spend limit on or a time limit on.   This is the ONLY type of number I would give Sirius, otherwise you will renew every year at like $200.   

1 hour ago, socaldmax said:

I have a Sirius/XM portable receiver with 2 car docks and a home dock. I paid about $240 for it from Ebay, but it came with a lifetime subscription and all of the pay channels too. Works great, just don't listen to it much.

Do they still have deals like this anymore ???

53 minutes ago, DEV'S RZR said:

Do they still have deals like this anymore ???

Sure. Just search ebay for sirius/xm lifetime subscription. I picked a model that had home docks and car docks.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=sirius%2Fxm+receiver+lifetime+subscription&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=sirius%2Fxm+receiver+with+lifetime+sub

If your paying more than $60 a year your getting ripped off. Even $60 is too much in my eyes. But I threaten to cancel and the offer me 6 months for $30.  I do this every 6 months.   The key word to them is CANCEL they will work with you but you need to ask for it.

yes you can get a subscription without a credit card.  It will cost you a $2 bill fee to do so.  I have done this for the past 4 years.  Just tell them you want a paper bill and they don't need a card and wont have a card to auto renew at their inflated price.  I call every year just before my subscription is up and negotiate their latest promotion.  Its been $97 for the last three years of service including the App version. 

I run a small unit with a dock in my Toyhauler and one in my sxs then use the App version in my truck and at home.  Well worth the $97 a year to listen to Stern in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, bpguy said:

If your paying more than $60 a year your getting ripped off. Even $60 is too much in my eyes. But I threaten to cancel and the offer me 6 months for $30.  I do this every 6 months.   The key word to them is CANCEL they will work with you but you need to ask for it.

6 months for $30 is the same as 12 months for 60

:kenk:

I'm paying $30/month for 2 cars!

:wtf:

What’s the difference between Sirius radio on XM radio educate me please

I CANNOT drive without sirius, Have in the Dmax and MOHO, when I drive my wifes car I have bad road rage. I pay about $110 for both per year, 2 units I dont swap them, and it is worth it

20 minutes ago, DEV'S RZR said:

What’s the difference between Sirius radio on XM radio educate me please

As I recall,  in the early days, XM and Sirius were competitors... then of course joined forces some time later.  For quite some time, even though they became one, they still used different receivers... so if you had an XM subscription, you needed to stick with a specific XM receiver.  Years ago, SiriusXM had some smokin' deal on a portable Sirius receiver, I took the bait with the intention of replacing my aging XM "Roady(?) receiver... just assuming it would work since Sirius and XM became one.  As I'm re-reading the fine print not more than 30 seconds after placing my order, I now see verbiage stating a Sirius receiver would only work with a Sirius subscription, XM with an XM subscription.  My fault, 100%... I immediately called them to see if I could switch the Sirius radio with an XM radio, no deal... they wouldn't even let me cancel rather, I had to "refuse" the receiver at the time of delivery, which is  kinda hard to do when you're at work all day.  Anyhow, that meant a special trip to the UPS store to refuse... not the end of the world, but not the best customer service either, IMO.  I do believe nowadays, there's just one radio/receiver... have to double check on their site.

With unlimited data plans and so many music options like Spotify, Pandora, etc, I can't see how satellite still exists. I can understand if you want to listen to Howard, or Christy Cannons Vivid channel 👅.

I have it years ago and have it now on a trial, and things haven't changed, the music still repeats about every hour or 2.

That’s what I’m wondering 

There are a lot of areas where you can't get a cell data signal. XM radio covers all of the US and also large parts of the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada so it's a pretty easy choice for someone who is traveling a lot, or going offshore. You could drive across country and never lose the signal while listening to the same channel. That would be pretty difficult if not impossible with cellular data music services.

Also, on busy weekends in Glamis, your chances of getting good data service is pretty much zilch.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, brianmp01 said:

6 months for $30 is the same as 12 months for 60

Yep but they won't let you get that price for a year. So I pay every 6 months for $30. They always try and get your card info but don't do it. Like mentioned ask for bill or 1 time pay. Getting the calls to renew on star same deal but no need for it. 

13 hours ago, Southbayrhino22 said:

Yep but they won't let you get that price for a year. So I pay every 6 months for $30. They always try and get your card info but don't do it. Like mentioned ask for bill or 1 time pay. Getting the calls to renew on star same deal but no need for it. 

i just renewed 2 different accounts and paided 60 buck each for a year

Just re upped my wife's car for six months. I also found a two months free after searching "siriusxm deals" and signed up online for my daughters car.

Great if you're going to be traveling for the holidays.

I like their programming but the sound quality is awful. Still nice to have in the middle of BFE though.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:21 AM, DEV'S RZR said:

Need some education  who has the best deals and is this something you can transfer to  multiple vehicles 

thanks in advance 

Don’t wast your money, have had it for years and don’t I even bother to turn it on.  It sucks. Bluetooth and a subscription to Apple Music or Spotify is wayyyyyy better.  

On 12/2/2018 at 6:50 PM, socaldmax said:

There are a lot of areas where you can't get a cell data signal. XM radio covers all of the US and also large parts of the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada so it's a pretty easy choice for someone who is traveling a lot, or going offshore. You could drive across country and never lose the signal while listening to the same channel. That would be pretty difficult if not impossible with cellular data music services.

Also, on busy weekends in Glamis, your chances of getting good data service is pretty much zilch.

i wouldn't say "Never" drive in a tunnel or under a long bridge u lose the signal

3 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

i wouldn't say "Never" drive in a tunnel or under a long bridge u lose the signal

True, but...

I said you "could." If you select the right route and never drive into a tunnel or under a bridge...

;)

19 hours ago, bryan1 said:

Don’t wast your money, have had it for years and don’t I even bother to turn it on.  It sucks. Bluetooth and a subscription to Apple Music or Spotify is wayyyyyy better.  

My sister has sirius/xm in here car.  I use here account, sirius/xm app on my phone and BT to my car/home stereo/etc...

Just get ONE account and you can have FIVE phones using it. So SIX devices total for $5 a month (doing the $30-six month canceling hassle deal)

I also use Pandora (free with adds), Amazon Music free with amazon account