Jonesin'

Switch Pro

Has anyone used Switch Pro? I like the fact it has a strobe function for turn signals. What can I use it to control? I don't want to overload the

panel with something too large.  I was also thinking of maybe the eBay knockoff too but, I don't like to cheap out on a good thing...    

Edited by Jonesin'

I have one and it works great. You can control anything you want. Just use the switchpro to trigger an external relay for any large or inductive loads. I put relays in for my fans and fuel pump and everything else is direct.

20161228_180559.jpg

20170103_165113.jpg

Switch Pro panels are awesome.  I don't have any switches on my dash, just the SP panel.

It took me from this mess-

20151018_161653.jpg

To this-

20160526_112632.jpg

3500c.jpg

^^^^ What's better than one gps?

2 hours ago, punkur67 said:

I have one and it works great. You can control anything you want. Just use the switchpro to trigger an external relay for any large or inductive loads. I put relays in for my fans and fuel pump and everything else is direct.

20161228_180559.jpg

20170103_165113.jpg

Very nice wiring job.  :thumbup:

4 hours ago, punkur67 said:

20161228_180559.jpg

20170103_165113.jpg

Where did you find the grommets for the holes?

2 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

Switch Pro panels are awesome.  I don't have any switches on my dash, just the SP panel.

It took me from this mess-

20151018_161653.jpg

To this-

20160526_112632.jpg

3500c.jpg

Can you PM me? I'm about to do a complete rewire on my .net car 

41 minutes ago, Jonesin' said:

Where did you find the grommets for the holes?

Universal grommet kit from Granger 

2 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

^^^^ What's better than one gps?

There's a third one in the backseat.

1 minute ago, L.R.S. said:

There's a third one in the backseat.

Is that a db.com thing? The black one for sale on RD.com has it too.

4 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

Is that a db.com thing? The black one for sale on RD.com has it too.

It's a prerunner thing. If there are 3 of us in the car it's nice to be able to mark up your section and make your own notes. Plus it gives my daughter something to do when we are in Glamis.

I see a knock off one on Ebay too. Has anyone used a knock off?

CaliraisedLED.com has one for $200 that I use in my buggy and is made by the same company that makes the switchpro (they look nearly identical). I used a Switchpro in my 2017 Tacoma. They both work great! I am ordering a switchpro for my new tundra because they make the faceplate to fit in my console and the other would leave a gap but the switch pro is about 3x the price. Perk of the switchpro is the ability to link to it via bluetooth and control it from your phone. On my new buggy I will be using the Caliraised setup.

https://caliraisedled.com/collections/accessories/products/8-switch-panel-power-system

2 hours ago, Glamisduneripper said:

CaliraisedLED.com has one for $200 that I use in my buggy and is made by the same company that makes the switchpro (they look nearly identical). I used a Switchpro in my 2017 Tacoma. They both work great! I am ordering a switchpro for my new tundra because they make the faceplate to fit in my console and the other would leave a gap but the switch pro is about 3x the price. Perk of the switchpro is the ability to link to it via bluetooth and control it from your phone. On my new buggy I will be using the Caliraised setup.

https://caliraisedled.com/collections/accessories/products/8-switch-panel-power-system

Is there a turn signal function on this model?

another option on Amazon

Capture.PNG

14 hours ago, Jonesin' said:

I see a knock off one on Ebay too. Has anyone used a knock off?

I accidentally bought a knock off gone and it lasted one week.  The real Switch-Pros is backed by a great company and the Bluetooth controller is excellentThe real Switch-Pros is backed by a great company and the Bluetooth controller is excellent. 

I would not trust anything knock off Glamis 

Edited by Sand tourS

I bought a SwitchPro pod at the OffRoadExpo for $500.00 including tax and a mounting bracket for a JK. 

9 hours ago, Glamisduneripper said:

I didn't see the pod you mentioned only switches & switch plates ?

If you call Switch pros they can give you a run down and amps each channel can handle the newer 9100 series can change colors on the bezel now. Here the link for the info. I did mine 2 summers ago, zero issues. 

http://store.switchpros.com/sp-9100-bezel-style-8-switch-panel-power-system-with-concealed-mounting-hardware/

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

3 hours ago, bajabug44 said:

If you call Switch pros they can give you a run down and amps each channel can handle the newer 9100 series can change colors on the bezel now. Here the link for the info. I did mine 2 summers ago, zero issues. 

http://store.switchpros.com/sp-9100-bezel-style-8-switch-panel-power-system-with-concealed-mounting-hardware/

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

Is that wiring under the hood? Looks very clean

I don't think I'm going to cheap out. I'll get the real Switch Pro. Not going to chance it. Will I need to run my gauge lighting through this or just hook those up with the head lights? 

we sell them to board members close to cost to help out, we do not support any knock offs, with electronics if someone got hurt do to a car malfunctioning from a knock off then it would be a shame for the whole industry

support company that support your lifestyle and put in years of effort to make it happen for us

I am not going to post what I think of the people purchasing knock offs

contact us if you need one thank you,

to get back to the original topic,

yes we have installed about 8 of them so far, super easy to use if any issue Switch Pros steps up and solve it quick and painless,

there are some tricks to programming them for start, ign, process, if purchased by us we help set up the programming tips,

16 hours ago, J Alper said:

we sell them to board members close to cost to help out, we do not support any knock offs, with electronics if someone got hurt do to a car malfunctioning from a knock off then it would be a shame for the whole industry

support company that support your lifestyle and put in years of effort to make it happen for us

I am not going to post what I think of the people purchasing knock offs

contact us if you need one thank you,

Can you shoot me a PM? I'd be glad to buy from you guys and support a sponsor.  As I decided earlier, I'm not going to buy a knock off. I don't want to start cutting corners on this car.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, J Alper said:

to get back to the original topic,

yes we have installed about 8 of them so far, super easy to use if any issue Switch Pros steps up and solve it quick and painless,

there are some tricks to programming them for start, ign, process, if purchased by us we help set up the programming tips,

I guess that's a "no go" on a price for the Switch Pro? I sent you a PM on price and availability...

5 minutes ago, Jonesin' said:

I guess that's a "no go" on a price for the Switch Pro? I sent you a PM on price and availability...

I sent it back to you check your PM, has not even been a full day