CRUSTY

CC/Debit Card Fraud

Hello, this is yore Bank...were you in Las Vegas at 1:15am last night, Gas Station on Street......

WTF.

CC/Debit Card Fraud is outta control these days.

I don't buy anything online unless from a trusted source.

I don't use those old stamp/imprint your CC/Debit card swipe machines.

I don't leave receipts laying around or unguarded.

I don't use Tap or non-Pin number or Zip Coded entry pads.

This is the 3rd time for me this year, New Debit/CC card shipped over night and simply means 24 hours of no ATM/Online Access to my account. Not to mention any online, auto-payment settings have to be re-done for utilities, etc.

Pain in the ASS.

New Cards with Chip or worthless shit.

:angryfire:

...and it is 90% always a dam GAS STATION that they are trying to use your card at. :blink:

What a PIA!!  Yea all your auto debit stuff...  that really blows!! Happened to me once... I didn't even think about all my auto Debit Accounts...  :coocoo:   

Sorry for ya Pal!! :hug: 

I'd use a zip code pad long before using a pin pad... if you debit they can eff your account, if you credit then it's insured and you'll be refunded IMMEDIATELY

Seems to happen to me about once a year :bangin:

Several years ago we got tired of the hassle and created a "spending account" with Wells - the boys have their own as well. All of our direct deposits, auto bill pay, etc is done from our regular checking account and we don't even carry the cards for that account - can transfer from that to a spending account anytime with ease - it's at least a layer of protection against having to deal with changing deposits/bill pay/etc.

Just now, HozayKwarvo said:

Several years ago we got tired of the hassle and created a "spending account" with Wells - the boys have their own as well. All of our direct deposits, auto bill pay, etc is done from our regular checking account and we don't even carry the cards for that account - can transfer from that to a spending account anytime with ease - it's at least a layer of protection against having to deal with changing deposits/bill pay/etc.

I used to have this problem a lot when I was with bank of America. seams like someone was always getting my debit card number and I would get random charges and have to get a new card. I switched to wells fargo about 5 years ago and have not had an issue since. I have not changed the way to buy things, only changed banks.

thx crusty for the $95.00 worth of fuel

46 minutes ago, Orange_R said:

I'd use a zip code pad long before using a pin pad... if you debit they can eff your account, if you credit then it's insured and you'll be refunded IMMEDIATELY

They have caught it each time, stopped it right when it was happening. I'll get a phone call, email and text message all at same time asking to confirm the charge.

It's cool that Citi Bank is so on top of it......it also SUCKS that is seems so easy for these AzzKlowns to get my info.

The only time we had to WAIT for $$ to be returned was when a purse was stolen and they had the actual cards in their hands, shitbags went on a spending spree at Commerce Citadel Outlets.

39 minutes ago, HozayKwarvo said:

Several years ago we got tired of the hassle and created a "spending account" with Wells - the boys have their own as well. All of our direct deposits, auto bill pay, etc is done from our regular checking account and we don't even carry the cards for that account - can transfer from that to a spending account anytime with ease - it's at least a layer of protection against having to deal with changing deposits/bill pay/etc

This might be good option, a card for out and about or better yet use one of the others for online auto-payment items.

2 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

They have caught it each time, stopped it right when it was happening. I'll get a phone call, email and text message all at same time asking to confirm the charge.

It's cool that Citi Bank is so on top of it......it also SUCKS that is seems so easy for these AzzKlowns to get my info.

The only time we had to WAIT for $$ to be returned was when a purse was stolen and they had the actual cards in their hands, shitbags went on a spending spree at Commerce Citadel Outlets.

This might be good option, a card for out and about or better yet use one of the others for online auto-payment items.

u need to hold on to it better 

12 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

u need to hold on to it better 

I don't hold my wife's purse :321:

Clown :lol:

really does not matter sometimes

had a CC card never used,  just sitting in my desk and had a charge in NY for pizza

What is even more crazy is CA laws, board member got a trailer stolen with motor bikes in it and recovered, had 15 stolen vehicles on property and 10 bikes, and because the crime had no violence they might see a week in jail and then out on the street,

so with laws like this fraud will just keep going up and up and up

34 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

I don't hold my wife's purse :321:

Clown :lol:

it wasn't your wife's purse he was talking about... 

Yea it has, I do like the instant notification though and American Express is outstanding dealing with these situations.

Someone used my AE right after I stayed at a hotel in San Diego. Alert came in saying card not present at transaction.

My inbox is flooded with emails from my supposed bank saying click this link to update your account....or security alert click the link to blah blah blah.....

My wife and I have had it on our debit cards several times over the past 4-5 years.

Never a gas station.  Had the iTunes scam, had 2 purchases out of Tokyo a few Christmases ago.  Luckily, it's always been a fairly simple fix.

One time it was my actually bank account that got hacked.  Had to get a new account #.  I'd had the same # since I was 18. 

This happens to my business account at least twice a year! I have to change everything tied to that card! Sucks!! 

A few weeks ago some ahole got a hold of my personnel account through my CC and managed to drain about $12,000 out of my savings!!! I about went through the roof!! Wells Fargo caught all of that but not before the funds went someplace in Italy! They had to freeze all my accounts and we had to change everything. They were very good about putting the money back in our account within a couple of days! Shook us up pretty good! 

So far I have been lucky and not gotten hit.  

When I went to Europe a couple years ago I knew I would have to use my one and only CC to create my account on the ship so I asked my Credit Union what I should do before I went to protect myself.

There suggestion was to fill out this form so that my CC wouldn't get flagged leaving me in Europe on a cruise ship with no way to pay for my bar tab. I filled out the form and told them exactly what country's the CC would be used in. I felt like I was setting myself up for a screwing of epic proportions.

Well I found out once I got to Europe your CC or debit card never leaves your hands. They hand you a portable scanner at the table in a restaurant . So my fears over that were unfounded, but

So I get on the ship swipe my card to set up the ship account , Second day on the cruise get a note to go see the Purser, Card got blocked by my bank.   Luckily the Cruise line  has done this before, Sent them a copy of my passport and the account was re-opened up. 

Give you one guess what happened the first day I got back and went to my regular lunch place for lunch........

29 minutes ago, MWB said:

Give you one guess what happened the first day I got back and went to my regular lunch place for lunch........

They were out of veggie burgers :dunno:

31 minutes ago, MWB said:

The bathroom flooded :dunno: 

32 minutes ago, MWB said:

You had breakfast instead :dunno: 

32 minutes ago, MWB said:

There was a couple reenacting the diner scene from When Harry Met Sally :dunno: 

33 minutes ago, MWB said:

You asked for mild sauce and they gave you hot sauce instead :dunno: 

34 minutes ago, MWB said:

You lost yore wallet :dunno: 

35 minutes ago, MWB said:

You crossed the line twice, Well maybe three times some might think it was four but defiantly less the five. :dunno:

36 minutes ago, MWB said:

You fought the law and the law won :dunno: 

36 minutes ago, MWB said:

You caught the midnight train to Georgia :dunno: