sausage450r

CA taxing yore text messages

Gotta pay for them obama phones somehow. 

I can't imagine the new government agency that will have to be created and staffed to collect taxes from every text message. I can't wait to get out of this nut house.

17 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Just when you thought the state legislature was gonna finally go limp, they bend you over and start effing you again

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-text-tax-california-considers-a-tax-on-text-messages/

Sadly they are never going limp when it comes to taxes. They only go limp on crime and issues that matter.  We are screwed. 

I hate this state. 11 more years... 11 more years... 11 more years.... :coocoo:

I don't think they are gonna tax every text. It will be a flat rate tax added to the monthly payment. 

This is BS that we need to pay a tax so the lazy can text.

If it goes to a vote people are gonna say what's an extra 5, 10, 25 cents. So many will vote for it and sooner or later it will increase and then add another tax for another stupid reason.

CPUC Regulations on Wireless devices were a joke from day one, they should have never even started that program.

Bring back payphones and next time I'll give you a quarter...maybe.

4 minutes ago, sinverguenza said:

I don't think they are gonna tax every text. It will be a flat rate tax added to the monthly payment. 

This is BS that we need to pay a tax so the lazy can text.

If it goes to a vote people are gonna say what's an extra 5, 10, 25 cents. So many will vote for it and sooner or later it will increase and then add another tax for another stupid reason.

The days of a "peoples vote"  that matters in California are over. They can pass whatever they want without voter approval. 

IPhones texting other iPhones will not be affected. Using iMessage. So we will have to stop texting anyone with a green bubble.

This state sucks.

58 minutes ago, badgas said:

The days of a "peoples vote"  that matters in California are over. They can pass whatever they want without voter approval. 

Winner!!!!  

1 hour ago, HappyW/VForce said:

IPhones texting other iPhones will not be affected. Using iMessage. So we will have to stop texting anyone with a green bubble.

This state sucks.

cannot leave soon enough. Going real Estate shopping  over the Holidays . Going to be a zonie, or a Patato in 2 years. Or sooner if a few things fall into place.

I believe the FCC shot this down today on a 3-1 vote. Wait......wtf we got support from the feds?

1 hour ago, mike dee said:

I believe the FCC shot this down today on a 3-1 vote. Wait......wtf we got support from the feds?

Not exactly.  They ruled that carriers can block spam because sms svcs are not telecoms.  Which could potentially derail the ca tax idea, as its not considered part of the telecoms by this ruling, but.....   well read below  better to get it straight from the article

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiX3YibkpzfAhWpi1QKHVoQBtoQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mercurynews.com%2F2018%2F12%2F12%2Ffcc-decision-deals-blow-to-california-text-tax-plan%2F&psig=AOvVaw0fxIBbLjgR8Po_B2X4oKxx&ust=1544767686686942

3 hours ago, badgas said:

Exactly. With the majority representation they can ram it through without even needing to consult voters. CA is officially a democratic dictatorship. Aka. We are the same as china

Edited by sausage450r

33 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Exactly. With the majority representation they can ram it through without even needing to consult voters. CA is officially a democratic dictatorship. Aka. We are the same as china

Not that good - they have population control and a wall... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, HozayKwarvo said:

Not that good - they have population control and a wall... 

China is also brutal on crime, They don't give criminals 90 days of sober living they lock them up and forget where they locked them up at. 

just have to get an Arizona phone

Soon to be followed by the taking a s*** tax. This will fund low income residents with working toilets.

Just poking around facebook you can see the libs are all for it.

5,000 replies of pure stupidity. One genius claimed this is the "long game" for people to be  upset enough to push back on taxes . I didn't bother telling him that laws and taxes are rarely ever reversed.

17 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

cannot leave soon enough. Going real Estate shopping  over the Holidays . Going to be a zonie, or a Patato in 2 years. Or sooner if a few things fall into place.

let me know if u need any  info from the North East side of Idaho

21 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

We are actively looking all over the outskirts of phoenix currently. 

27 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

We are actively looking all over the outskirts of phoenix currently. 

My son and his wife moved to south Gilbert about 8 months ago.. They love it , and don't miss Ca. 1 bit.. Every time I talk to him, he's telling me  about a new reason to leave.. The level of insanity in this state is literally like a runaway freight train down a mountain with a full load of stupid  aboard.. I seriously wonder if anyone  in Sac. city has given a second thought as to who will be paying for all the senselessness , and for turning the lights on in the state, when all the tax base producing/productive sector of society has left the state to escape this cesspool, and all that are left  are the non-productive,life sucking fleas and leaches? Like I said before, I cannot get out soon enough

People accept living in vans and renting trailers in people's driveway. I think we can push it a little further, apparently stupideff*ingemotionaltwits know no bounds.