Air450

Boring Weekend. Just made trenches for the SxS's and took a few pics.

Met up with some Tucson duners. Took a few pics of them and some strangers! :lol:  Well, duners.

i-xjLNmPK-X3.jpg

i-Lfjrfgj-X3.jpg

i-CRLRWwS-X3.jpg

i-5s57jsF-X3.jpg

I like this pic! Dunes were awesome.

i-2jpfNWv-X3.jpg

i-Rm2Q2N4-X3.jpg

i-fqqmz56-X3.jpg

i-PjhVmJJ-X3.jpg

i-TtTRSqT-X3.jpg

i-wVtBBgS-X3.jpg

i-NcWzMrP-X3.jpg

i-t8prFtN-X3.jpg

i-CBbP9jK-X3.jpg

i-LLTZDs8-X3.jpg

i-tB5ZFhV-X3.jpg

i-n9H7Q82-X3.jpg

i-fKm6btc-X3.jpg

i-BVDkg3D-X3.jpg

i-vkb57BG-X3.jpg

Great pics Carl! Pretty sure I saw that yellow Baja Friday night on a trailer heading out of Glamis around 10pm when I was getting there.

Was a great time, Carl was a great leader and Photographer. Was much appreciated, AND we had a ton of room on pad 2.5 who needs holiday weekends

i-tct9gH2-X3.jpg

These guys were just to the left of the truck pic. I think it was them just cruising around.

Nice pics !  

9 minutes ago, Air450 said:

i-tct9gH2-X3.jpg

These guys were just to the left of the truck pic. I think it was them just cruising around.

Cool and remote...

1 minute ago, CRUSTY said:

Cool and remote...

They were just east of the Olds parking area about a 1/4 mile. Being an off weekend it seems like a good spot!

Nice pics.  It was a nice quiet weekend out there.  It was nice pulling onto Gecko and  seeing it pretty empty.  Tons of room on pad 2.    Only Roadrunner, pad 3 and pad 5 were packed.    The rest of the area was wide open. 

The dunes between Osborn and Olds were tore up pretty good.   Need 3 days of 30mph winds to clean it up and dry out the dunes.   

4 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Only Roadrunner, pad 3 and pad 5 were packed.   

Professional Hired Babysitting types? Ghost Campers?

Or actual people enjoying h dunes...

3 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Only Roadrunner, pad 3 and pad 5 were packed. 

1 minute ago, CRUSTY said:

That's funny. You know it's empty rigs and a couple of hired babysitters. It's also no mystery who most of the people involved are. What I haven't figured out is who they are paying off at the BLM to be left alone. They definitely get special treatment.

13 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Hardly anyone there on Pad 3. Just a line of moho's, 5vers, trucks, and caution tape blocking the whole Pad. I could of squeezed in between some groups if I was by myself. Pad 2.5 was wide open when I got there Thursday afternoon. What's so good about Pad 3? The cars going by at 100mph+?

19 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Well done.

34b2625da656e2dbb4226e2fd2b12478.png

1 minute ago, Air450 said:

Hardly anyone there on Pad 3. Just a line of moho's, 5vers, trucks, and caution tape blocking the whole Pad. I could of squeezed in between some groups if I was by myself. Pad 2.5 was wide open when I got there Thursday afternoon. What's so good about Pad 3? The cars going by at 100mph+?

When I left yesterday afternoon Pad 5 was almost completely empty,  no cones or caution tape anywhere. Pad 3 had tons of space as well, and again, no cones of caution tape. 

Just now, L.R.S. said:

When I left yesterday afternoon Pad 5 was almost completely empty,  no cones or caution tape anywhere. Pad 3 had tons of space as well, and again, no cones of caution tape. 

That's great! I didn't go that way when I left.

4 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

Well done.

34b2625da656e2dbb4226e2fd2b12478.png

:lol:

Was an honest question, Air450 already answered it.

22 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Roadrunner was almost all campers enjoying the dunes from what I saw.  Pad 3 and 5 looked to have a mix of some out there  and others clearly leaving their stuff.      

Gecko is a zoo on holiday weekends and your packed in like sardines.  On the big weekends I rather be in the washes where there is more room.   

8 minutes ago, Air450 said:

We got there on Thursday afternoon as well.   Original plan was to head for the washes, but when I saw Cement Flats was just about empty I knew most of Gecko would be too.  For shit and giggles I headed to Roadrunner to see if there was room for the 3 rigs.   The ghost campers don't even try to hide what they are doing.   It would not be so bad if they did not spread enclosed trailers all over.    I am sure one the big weekends a non-ghost camper is going to show up early and just set up camp between the enclosed trailer and the next trailer or motorhome. 

40 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

:lol:

Was an honest question, Air450 already answered it.

Why ask? You aren't going to Glamis. That's just stirring the pot. 

The dunes were fairly quiet, Even Olds at 130 on Saturday was pretty dead, stay away from the main areas, Osbourne, dunes outside of gecko and it was pretty good Duning

41 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

He said how empty most of Gecko was, except a few specific spots. You know, the spots where people ghost-camp this time of year. He and others then confirmed it.

Why you making this personal?

OP stated an observation, I asked for clarity and OP and others confirmed what was stated as fact. Why is it stir the pot when there is an  elephant is obliviously sitting in the room?

My number of trips or frequency to Glamis seem to be on your mind ALLOT these days. Have this conversation with me in person, we can discuss at any length why I don't go out more often if you wish...or if i even choose to discuss it with you.

I go when I can, but I enjoy it via other means when I can't. (Social Media)

I plan on going to the end of Road Runner after Xmas and keep going. Drive right out into the sand somewhere and set up camp. No need to camp on top of each other. 

1 hour ago, L.R.S. said:

Show me on the doll where this thread touched you. 

:funny:

75574577.jpg