5 hours ago, confyushus said:

Hey everyone, I have stayed off here and tried to keep all this off my mind for the last few weeks but I am flying out to san diego and driving to brawley Thursday night/Friday morning. I have tried to contact the DA and they have no record of the citation, either because the blm hasn't turned it in (they apparently have a year) or because it isn't a serious enough offense to be in their system, they weren't sure which. I have the vehicle code on obstructed views printed out and a screenshot from Google maps printed to show where I was. I am probably going to have to pay the ticket in the end, but I'm sure as hell fighting it the whole way. Thank you all again for all the help with everything, I will FOR SURE let you know how it goes. 

My brother got a marijuana ticket and it was never filed. Year later he called and they said they book was never turned in to process the tickets. Guess it happens alot. 

5 hours ago, confyushus said:

Hey everyone, I have stayed off here and tried to keep all this off my mind for the last few weeks but I am flying out to san diego and driving to brawley Thursday night/Friday morning. I have tried to contact the DA and they have no record of the citation, either because the blm hasn't turned it in (they apparently have a year) or because it isn't a serious enough offense to be in their system, they weren't sure which. I have the vehicle code on obstructed views printed out and a screenshot from Google maps printed to show where I was. I am probably going to have to pay the ticket in the end, but I'm sure as hell fighting it the whole way. Thank you all again for all the help with everything, I will FOR SURE let you know how it goes. 

Not sure if its a county/state deal or a federal cite.If its a federal deal then the local county court would not have any info on it Doubt the DA would have any info on it since its a minor deal.I know hes in brawley daily though.

22 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Do not I repeat DO NOT give the court a copy of the citation. They will use it to go forward with the case. Have a copy with the officers name blacked out. The violation blacked out and the cite number. The number can be used to track who was issued the cite book. 

Thank you for this, I do plan on taking the citation as well as the letters they have sent me stating that it is MANDATORY I show up, but I will not let them know I have any of it unless I need to and definitely will not let them have any of it. As much as I would like to speak and argue about it, I honestly hope no one shows up and it's just dropped.

5 minutes ago, confyushus said:

Thank you for this, I do plan on taking the citation as well as the letters they have sent me stating that it is MANDATORY I show up, but I will not let them know I have any of it unless I need to and definitely will not let them have any of it. As much as I would like to speak and argue about it, I honestly hope no one shows up and it's just dropped.

If you got a letter from the court saying to show up I would think they have the ticket filed by the BLM. 

On 1/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, confyushus said:

I am flying out to san diego and driving to brawley Thursday night/Friday morning.

In your first post, you said you are from SC. I kind of figured.....So. Cal.

Where's SC?        Schitt$ Creek?      South Carolina?    Are you flying in from the East Coast?   :rbj: 

I figured that it had been turned in since I got a letter in the mail, but you never know with the BLM, trust no one! Yes, I am from South Carolina, and I am able to fly for cheap so it isn't as big of an issue to fly out and rent a car for my court date. As a bonus, there aren't any afternoon flights home so I get to hang out with a buddy at his suspension shop in San Diego for a few hours, so there's that I guess.

My arraignment was set for tomorrow as well. I was able to request a trial by mail if I posted bail. Rather then burn gas and a day to say not guilty I did. My trial is the Friday before the golf tournament so we might have to stay around for that.

20190124_150850.thumb.png.2f5f6ffaf0df9779c7bf8c277afbf3ae.png

7 hours ago, confyushus said:

I figured that it had been turned in since I got a letter in the mail, but you never know with the BLM, trust no one! Yes, I am from South Carolina, and I am able to fly for cheap so it isn't as big of an issue to fly out and rent a car for my court date. As a bonus, there aren't any afternoon flights home so I get to hang out with a buddy at his suspension shop in San Diego for a few hours, so there's that I guess.

Yes Sir. Impressive.

So it turns out it was just the arrainment date, I got there early, had everything ready, and was fully prepared to defend myself but all I got to say was not guilty and now I have to come back out March 8th. I can understand why people just pay this stuff, they drag it out so long that it is just tiring, or maybe these red-eye flights are wearing on me. Either way I'm worn out.

1 hour ago, confyushus said:

So it turns out it was just the arrainment date, I got there early, had everything ready, and was fully prepared to defend myself but all I got to say was not guilty and now I have to come back out March 8th. I can understand why people just pay this stuff, they drag it out so long that it is just tiring, or maybe these red-eye flights are wearing on me. Either way I'm worn out.

Sorry to hear. Good luck.

Just wanted to finalize this whole ordeal in the hopes that it might help someone in the future. The citing officer (Alex Stewart) and I both showed up to court, both gave our account as to what happened, and the judge said that I was in violation of the law as the permit wasn't displayed as stated. Luckily, he said that because I did have the permit and basically things happen, he would drop it as much as he legally could which was down to $200. If this happened again and I lived within driving distance I would fight the ticket, otherwise this whole event was a HUGE waste of time and money. Also I have been stuck at the San Diego airport for 20ish hours so that isn't helping. Anyways, I'm done with all this, live and learn and I hope that maybe this will help someone in the future. Thank you all for your help/support. I still can't wait to get back on the sand (with a permit on the rearview mirror)!

Thanks for the update. Too bad the Judge didn't have the balls to suspend the fine. I know there are sentencing guidelines, but I've never heard of a judge not being able to suspend a sentence with an infraction   as minor as this under the circumstances you explained.

Somebody should ask a judge if it actually has to be hanging on a "rear view mirror" or just hanging where a rear view mirror should be since most motor homes don't have rear view mirrors...semantics.

BLM fines are way higher then the local LEO’s.  I got a ticket at Roadrunner for no pass written by the Sheriff’s and it was only $100.

8F636269-7789-498C-BC93-9AE3AED7AADD.jpeg

If you do not want to show up for an arraignment but still fight the ticket you can post bail (the amount of the fine) and get a trial date. Some fines it might not be an option but call to confirm and do it with enough time that you have your trial date before your arraignment. 

It's amazing how I could go through 35 years of life without getting a ticket or pulled over except for going to Glamis where I get them like Christmas card. 

Stewart was one of the pricks that got me. That was a federal ticket I won. Baca was the last piece of shit to write me a loser. Between me and me buddy we have been cited 5 times in 2 years, all beaten in court. The next one will result in a civil lawsuit for harrasment. 

Once the wife retires we are done with holiday weekend. Go midweek and these assclown wannabes are no where to be found. 

#eff*theblm

Ugh, sucks.  You can also be ticketed for driving with something hanging from the rearview mirror:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=26708

So, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

They gotta pick on duners for bs letter of the law tickets because we dont  put up a fight, pay our fines, and are easy targets. Gotta make up for all the real felons that never pay and never get any time. You should be thankful, pass violations are just an open doorway to more serious crimes like riding back to camp with a broken whip, driving without a front license plate, drinking from a glass bottle, or the most serious offense of riding without a spark arrestorp

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, Rockwood said:

Ugh, sucks.  You can also be ticketed for driving with something hanging from the rearview mirror:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=26708

So, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I believe that hanging the BLM permit on the rearview mirror is OK because it is sold with a loop for hanging, and because I searched the entire page in your link for the string "hang", and it isn't mentioned anywhere.  So I'm confused at what you're trying to say?

Edited by Phoenix7

51 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

I believe that hanging the BLM permit on the rearview mirror is OK because it is sold with a loop for hanging, and because I searched the entire page in your link for the string "hang", and it isn't mentioned anywhere.  So I'm confused at what you're trying to say?

The  items exempted from section 1/2 of (a) does not  include blm permits. The only related legal exemptions are seven inch squares in lower corners. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Phoenix7 said:

It’s illegal to hang stuff from your mirror while driving. 

23 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

The  items exempted from section 1/2 of (a) does not  include blm permits. The only related legal exemptions are seven inch squares in lower corners. 

Yep. Wife’s Nana can’t hang her handicapped pass from her mirror either. Reason is obvious: makes a gigantic blind spot in the middle of your field of vision in the direction of travel. Translation: you’re not gonna see shit you’re about to crash into. :bigrin 

Edited by Rockwood

Anyone bring this to Neil’s attention? This is a damned if you do, damned if you don’t type situation. 

I am so glad I can justify the season pass and not deal with all this BS.

2 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Think this line covers it....

(2) A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle that obstructs or reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows.

1 hour ago, HonEXduner said:

Think this line covers it....

(2) A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle that obstructs or reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows.

I think that is when driving on the street and highways. 

Once you pass the area where the permit is required you are technically in BLM land= Off Road so the VC code doesn't apply for the pass.

You can get a ticket for going over posted speed limit.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, sinverguenza said:

I think that is when driving on the street and highways. 

Once you pass the area where the permit is required you are technically in BLM land= Off Road so the VC code doesn't apply for the pass.

You can get a ticket for going over posted speed limit.

So why do i still get tint and front license plate violations as justification for stop? Try driving yore buggy down gecko road and tell them its off road. The point is, the law is bunk. If you have a pass and its reasonably available that should suffice. Its like the pricks on the water that pull out a tape measure and check for 3” spacing on registration numbers

pretty bs you pay for a pass but dont have it exactly where they dictate, and they will hold you to a higher fine and court appearance than stealing from walmart

pretty disgusting that we dont hold real criminals accountable, and our overlords create bullshit regulations to make criminals of regular decent law abiding citizens

Edited by sausage450r