Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
confyushus

Permit Ticket

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, confyushus said:

Hey everyone, I have stayed off here and tried to keep all this off my mind for the last few weeks but I am flying out to san diego and driving to brawley Thursday night/Friday morning. I have tried to contact the DA and they have no record of the citation, either because the blm hasn't turned it in (they apparently have a year) or because it isn't a serious enough offense to be in their system, they weren't sure which. I have the vehicle code on obstructed views printed out and a screenshot from Google maps printed to show where I was. I am probably going to have to pay the ticket in the end, but I'm sure as hell fighting it the whole way. Thank you all again for all the help with everything, I will FOR SURE let you know how it goes. 

 

My brother got a marijuana ticket and it was never filed. Year later he called and they said they book was never turned in to process the tickets. Guess it happens alot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, confyushus said:

Hey everyone, I have stayed off here and tried to keep all this off my mind for the last few weeks but I am flying out to san diego and driving to brawley Thursday night/Friday morning. I have tried to contact the DA and they have no record of the citation, either because the blm hasn't turned it in (they apparently have a year) or because it isn't a serious enough offense to be in their system, they weren't sure which. I have the vehicle code on obstructed views printed out and a screenshot from Google maps printed to show where I was. I am probably going to have to pay the ticket in the end, but I'm sure as hell fighting it the whole way. Thank you all again for all the help with everything, I will FOR SURE let you know how it goes. 

 

Not sure if its a county/state deal or a federal cite.If its a federal deal then the local county court would not have any info on it Doubt the DA would have any info on it since its a minor deal.I know hes in brawley daily though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Do not I repeat DO NOT give the court a copy of the citation. They will use it to go forward with the case. Have a copy with the officers name blacked out. The violation blacked out and the cite number. The number can be used to track who was issued the cite book. 

Thank you for this, I do plan on taking the citation as well as the letters they have sent me stating that it is MANDATORY I show up, but I will not let them know I have any of it unless I need to and definitely will not let them have any of it. As much as I would like to speak and argue about it, I honestly hope no one shows up and it's just dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, confyushus said:

Thank you for this, I do plan on taking the citation as well as the letters they have sent me stating that it is MANDATORY I show up, but I will not let them know I have any of it unless I need to and definitely will not let them have any of it. As much as I would like to speak and argue about it, I honestly hope no one shows up and it's just dropped.

If you got a letter from the court saying to show up I would think they have the ticket filed by the BLM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, confyushus said:

I am flying out to san diego and driving to brawley Thursday night/Friday morning.

In your first post, you said you are from SC. I kind of figured.....So. Cal.

Where's SC?        Schitt$ Creek?      South Carolina?    Are you flying in from the East Coast?   :rbj: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured that it had been turned in since I got a letter in the mail, but you never know with the BLM, trust no one! Yes, I am from South Carolina, and I am able to fly for cheap so it isn't as big of an issue to fly out and rent a car for my court date. As a bonus, there aren't any afternoon flights home so I get to hang out with a buddy at his suspension shop in San Diego for a few hours, so there's that I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My arraignment was set for tomorrow as well. I was able to request a trial by mail if I posted bail. Rather then burn gas and a day to say not guilty I did. My trial is the Friday before the golf tournament so we might have to stay around for that.

20190124_150850.thumb.png.2f5f6ffaf0df9779c7bf8c277afbf3ae.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, confyushus said:

I figured that it had been turned in since I got a letter in the mail, but you never know with the BLM, trust no one! Yes, I am from South Carolina, and I am able to fly for cheap so it isn't as big of an issue to fly out and rent a car for my court date. As a bonus, there aren't any afternoon flights home so I get to hang out with a buddy at his suspension shop in San Diego for a few hours, so there's that I guess.

Yes Sir. Impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it turns out it was just the arrainment date, I got there early, had everything ready, and was fully prepared to defend myself but all I got to say was not guilty and now I have to come back out March 8th. I can understand why people just pay this stuff, they drag it out so long that it is just tiring, or maybe these red-eye flights are wearing on me. Either way I'm worn out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, confyushus said:

So it turns out it was just the arrainment date, I got there early, had everything ready, and was fully prepared to defend myself but all I got to say was not guilty and now I have to come back out March 8th. I can understand why people just pay this stuff, they drag it out so long that it is just tiring, or maybe these red-eye flights are wearing on me. Either way I'm worn out.

Sorry to hear. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to finalize this whole ordeal in the hopes that it might help someone in the future. The citing officer (Alex Stewart) and I both showed up to court, both gave our account as to what happened, and the judge said that I was in violation of the law as the permit wasn't displayed as stated. Luckily, he said that because I did have the permit and basically things happen, he would drop it as much as he legally could which was down to $200. If this happened again and I lived within driving distance I would fight the ticket, otherwise this whole event was a HUGE waste of time and money. Also I have been stuck at the San Diego airport for 20ish hours so that isn't helping. Anyways, I'm done with all this, live and learn and I hope that maybe this will help someone in the future. Thank you all for your help/support. I still can't wait to get back on the sand (with a permit on the rearview mirror)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update. Too bad the Judge didn't have the balls to suspend the fine. I know there are sentencing guidelines, but I've never heard of a judge not being able to suspend a sentence with an infraction   as minor as this under the circumstances you explained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody should ask a judge if it actually has to be hanging on a "rear view mirror" or just hanging where a rear view mirror should be since most motor homes don't have rear view mirrors...semantics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BLM fines are way higher then the local LEO’s.  I got a ticket at Roadrunner for no pass written by the Sheriff’s and it was only $100.

 

8F636269-7789-498C-BC93-9AE3AED7AADD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do not want to show up for an arraignment but still fight the ticket you can post bail (the amount of the fine) and get a trial date. Some fines it might not be an option but call to confirm and do it with enough time that you have your trial date before your arraignment. 

It's amazing how I could go through 35 years of life without getting a ticket or pulled over except for going to Glamis where I get them like Christmas card. 

Stewart was one of the pricks that got me. That was a federal ticket I won. Baca was the last piece of shit to write me a loser. Between me and me buddy we have been cited 5 times in 2 years, all beaten in court. The next one will result in a civil lawsuit for harrasment. 

Once the wife retires we are done with holiday weekend. Go midweek and these assclown wannabes are no where to be found. 

#eff*theblm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.