1 hour ago, sinverguenza said:

I think that is when driving on the street and highways. 

Once you pass the area where the permit is required you are technically in BLM land= Off Road so the VC code doesn't apply for the pass.

You can get a ticket for going over posted speed limit.

Driving is driving - that's how you can still get a ticket for operating an off-road vehicle with a suspended license or even a DUI while driving a buggy, golf cart or SxS in the dunes. I agree it's a pointless situation, driving with the pass displayed, but that section is what would cover the hanging tag causing an obstruction of view. 

5 hours ago, HonEXduner said:

Driving is driving - that's how you can still get a ticket for operating an off-road vehicle with a suspended license or even a DUI while driving a buggy, golf cart or SxS in the dunes. I agree it's a pointless situation, driving with the pass displayed, but that section is what would cover the hanging tag causing an obstruction of view. 

I don't think it's apples to apples. You don't need a license to drive off-road, well that's my thought. You can drive as fast as you want unless it's posted otherwise  ..

You can ride in the back of a pick up with no shell or safety harness.

You can ride off-road without a seatbelt.