thowell

Noisy suspension

My dads suspension is super noisy and squeaky, what are you guys using to remedy this?

When I first did my shakedown run, it was a good run in front of camp. Well, when I came back all my peers heard from me was "damn rear arms are just squeaky squeaky squeaky" they said, "if that's your only complaint then we are good!" I later realized how much fun I had just had. Damn! They were so right, i forgot about those damn squeaks! 

25 minutes ago, thowell said:

My dads suspension is super noisy and squeaky, what are you guys using to remedy this?

Besides wearing headsets, I use the dry graphite lube.  Sand wont stick to it. You can put it on anything that squeaks.  

27 minutes ago, thowell said:

Turn up the music .......

Delrin and and especially Nylon bushings squeak like heck - so annoying...and depending the shocks (Kings in particular) will clunk alot .

Like others have said Dry lube works wonders if you do it every trip. 

But... that being said, you should still do a safety check on the suspension and make sure everything is tight and nothing is broken (like a coil spring)

I have heard people say "my shocks are loud this trip" and it was really a loose shock bolt egging out the hole in the mount.  You also need to check the Heims, a bad heim will sound just like a King bypass until it falls apart  - and then you have a real problem.

Safety first, then head sets.... 

Happy Holiday!

49 minutes ago, fullthrottleguy said:

Delrin and and especially Nylon bushings squeak like heck - so annoying...and depending the shocks (Kings in particular) will clunk alot .

Like others have said Dry lube works wonders if you do it every trip. 

But... that being said, you should still do a safety check on the suspension and make sure everything is tight and nothing is broken (like a coil spring)

I have heard people say "my shocks are loud this trip" and it was really a loose shock bolt egging out the hole in the mount.  You also need to check the Heims, a bad heim will sound just like a King bypass until it falls apart  - and then you have a real problem.

Safety first, then head sets.... 

Happy Holiday!

Same here thought it was my bypass shocks making all the noise. Found worn control arm bearings and now it's a lot better. People will be quick to say oh that's this or that. Check everything over real well. 

Most of the time I think it is the bushings in the rear trailing arms. I took mine apart and belt sanded them a little narrower. When I put them together I greesed the crap out of them and all was good.

On 12/24/2018 at 5:25 PM, Ocotillo Boy said:

Someone say noisy car???

You Still are the King Shock master...

On 12/24/2018 at 12:13 PM, r3meyer said:

Besides wearing headsets, I use the dry graphite lube.  Sand wont stick to it. You can put it on anything that squeaks.  

r3Meyer do you have brand you use or a link for us ??? Thanks sir.....