Jump to content
thowell

Noisy suspension

Recommended Posts

My dads suspension is super noisy and squeaky, what are you guys using to remedy this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first did my shakedown run, it was a good run in front of camp. Well, when I came back all my peers heard from me was "damn rear arms are just squeaky squeaky squeaky" they said, "if that's your only complaint then we are good!" I later realized how much fun I had just had. Damn! They were so right, i forgot about those damn squeaks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, thowell said:

My dads suspension is super noisy and squeaky, what are you guys using to remedy this?

Besides wearing headsets, I use the dry graphite lube.  Sand wont stick to it. You can put it on anything that squeaks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, thowell said:

My dads suspension is super noisy and squeaky, what are you guys using to remedy this?

Turn up the music .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delrin and and especially Nylon bushings squeak like heck - so annoying...and depending the shocks (Kings in particular) will clunk alot .

Like others have said Dry lube works wonders if you do it every trip. 

But... that being said, you should still do a safety check on the suspension and make sure everything is tight and nothing is broken (like a coil spring)

I have heard people say "my shocks are loud this trip" and it was really a loose shock bolt egging out the hole in the mount.  You also need to check the Heims, a bad heim will sound just like a King bypass until it falls apart  - and then you have a real problem.

Safety first, then head sets.... 

Happy Holiday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, fullthrottleguy said:

Delrin and and especially Nylon bushings squeak like heck - so annoying...and depending the shocks (Kings in particular) will clunk alot .

Like others have said Dry lube works wonders if you do it every trip. 

But... that being said, you should still do a safety check on the suspension and make sure everything is tight and nothing is broken (like a coil spring)

I have heard people say "my shocks are loud this trip" and it was really a loose shock bolt egging out the hole in the mount.  You also need to check the Heims, a bad heim will sound just like a King bypass until it falls apart  - and then you have a real problem.

Safety first, then head sets.... 

Happy Holiday!

Same here thought it was my bypass shocks making all the noise. Found worn control arm bearings and now it's a lot better. People will be quick to say oh that's this or that. Check everything over real well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the time I think it is the bushings in the rear trailing arms. I took mine apart and belt sanded them a little narrower. When I put them together I greesed the crap out of them and all was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 5:25 PM, Ocotillo Boy said:

Someone say noisy car???

You Still are the King Shock master...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 12:13 PM, r3meyer said:

Besides wearing headsets, I use the dry graphite lube.  Sand wont stick to it. You can put it on anything that squeaks.  

r3Meyer do you have brand you use or a link for us ??? Thanks sir.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.