onanysunday

SxS for desert and mountains only? - And what is my 900 worth

6 minutes ago, MWB said:

When you sell your 900 your going to need to market it more towards the Showlow or Flagstaff type of market to get the best bang for your buck.  If you try and sell in the metro area they are not going to pay what your thinking.

I hear you. I am seeing 900s non turbo in the $9500-$11k range. Not sure how much the turbo will add in value. I think that kit was $5k back in the day and makes it a completely different car from stock. It was installed at the MCX factory and has an automotive style turbo.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

2017 and newer XP Turbos are solid cars.  If you go  that route  get the model with the internal bypass Fox. Shock.  Or you could really step up and get a Turbo S which is 72” wide and comes with 32” tires.  Turbo S dynamic suspension set up is really really good.  Turbo S you don’t have to do anything after purchase as it comes with everything.  

Can Am X3 in the 20k range is going to be a base model or maybe a DS model.  

Cottonwood and Payson each have one white lightning XPT left at $18,700otd. They both have the Walker Evans shocks.  Tempting if those shocks were good enough for a year or two and then have shock therapy go through it. $1500 for a spring kit and valving. Another $550 for their swaybar.  https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-turbo/440849-2018-turbo-walker-evans.html  Still puts me way over my $20k budget.  Payson has a Fox shock car but they want $24,560 otd.  

Edited by onanysunday

Vey's in El Cajon had an X3 DS for $19k.  

Have you considered the Teryx-4 or the 2 seat?  I was in your boat last year and already have a sand car.   They are very capable machines.  First belt service is @ 3000k miles.  I absolutely love mine and use it for up north, mexico, local rides.  Use it for moving around my trailers and fits 4 people very comfortble.  Its plenty fast for use north.  Will climb anything you point it at.  Has the reliability of the OG rhinos.   I picked up a 2015 with 300 miles on it for 12,500.  Comes with stock windshield, roof, doors, etc.  If you buy a new one they have a stock 3 year MFG warranty.

I would DUMP THAT 900 ASAP.  Your right in milage for that year when the trans start to take a dump.  

Did I mention they tow great?

IMG_8002.jpg

38 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Vey's in El Cajon had an X3 DS for $19k.  

Those were 17 models and both sold a while ago. Ride now has one marked down $5k from retail but is still $24091otd

Just now, onanysunday said:

Those were 17 models and both sold a while ago. Ride now has one marked down $5k from retail but is still $24091otd

Ah, lame.

17 minutes ago, r3meyer said:

Have you considered the Teryx-4 or the 2 seat?  I was in your boat last year and already have a sand car.   They are very capable machines.  First belt service is @ 3000k miles.  I absolutely love mine and use it for up north, mexico, local rides.  Use it for moving around my trailers and fits 4 people very comfortble.  Its plenty fast for use north.  Will climb anything you point it at.  Has the reliability of the OG rhinos.   I picked up a 2015 with 300 miles on it for 12,500.  Comes with stock windshield, roof, doors, etc.  If you buy a new one they have a stock 3 year MFG warranty.

I would DUMP THAT 900 ASAP.  Your right in milage for that year when the trans start to take a dump.  

Did I mention they tow great?

IMG_8002.jpg

Are you talking the old style Teryx? My dad had one of those. We both thought the engine was noisy right next to you and created a lot of heat in the drivers compartment.

1 hour ago, onanysunday said:

Are you talking the old style Teryx? My dad had one of those. We both thought the engine was noisy right next to you and created a lot of heat in the drivers compartment.

Well the 2015 and newer.  They are for sure louder in the cab then the rear engine versions.

2 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Cottonwood and Payson each have one white lightning XPT left at $18,700otd. They both have the Walker Evans shocks.  Tempting if those shocks were good enough for a year or two and then have shock therapy go through it. $1500 for a spring kit and valving. Another $550 for their swaybar.  https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-turbo/440849-2018-turbo-walker-evans.html  Still puts me way over my $20k budget.  Payson has a Fox shock car but they want $24,560 otd.  

The Walker Evans shocks will hold up for a year or so no problem.  I ran my Walker Evan shocks for 2+ years until I broke a front tender spring in Glamis.  That turned into a full shock job at Shock therapy.    My friend got the spring and valve kit from Zbros.  He just had to do the work of taking the shock apart and putting in the valve stack.  It was around $1200 for their kit.   I drove his car and it felt just as good as my XP1000 with Shock Therapy work.  

https://zbrozracing.com/zbroz-polaris-rzr-1000-xp-xp-4-utv-stage-3-valving-and-spring-kit

12 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

The Walker Evans shocks will hold up for a year or so no problem.  I ran my Walker Evan shocks for 2+ years until I broke a front tender spring in Glamis.  That turned into a full shock job at Shock therapy.    My friend got the spring and valve kit from Zbros.  He just had to do the work of taking the shock apart and putting in the valve stack.  It was around $1200 for their kit.   I drove his car and it felt just as good as my XP1000 with Shock Therapy work.  

https://zbrozracing.com/zbroz-polaris-rzr-1000-xp-xp-4-utv-stage-3-valving-and-spring-kit

Cool, There is also Red dog in Blythe. His whole package built is $1400.00

7 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Cool, There is also Red dog in Blythe. His whole package built is $1400.00

You can also call Walker Evans and see how much they charge to re-do the shocks.   

Ends up my wife does not like any of the colors on a 2018 or 2019 Turbo regular suspension. I agree with her and we really like the color on the turbo dynamix and it has the better suspension. So I will wait until I find one. This was a great buy as well as this one. Either one I would have jumped on. A red 2017 with Fox shocks would also work. 

Posted (edited)

Guy just called me back and I think he would take $21k for this car. I would have to drive to Riverside to pick it up. And add a cage which if I weld myself would be $1k more with powdercoat. 

Edited by onanysunday

3 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Guy just called me back and I think he would take $21k for this car

Have you priced out a Turbo S?  If your are going the dynamic suspension route the Turbo S is a much better way to go.  The shocks on the Turbo S are an internal bypass shock and they ride really really well. The extra width at 72” makes it really stable.  Like you won’t have to do any shock work.  Plus the turbo S comes with 32” tires, 4 point harness and the better front diff that is rubber mounted.   The ride command is pretty slick too.

The Turbo S is a blast to drive.  I dove my friend’s 4 seater in Glamis.  Plus we had a 2 seat one in camp.  

I know it’s a bit above your budget, but I think the extra cost is well worth it.    The red and blue are both good looking.

1 minute ago, Sand Shark said:

Have you priced out a Turbo S?  If your are going the dynamic suspension route the Turbo S is a much better way to go.  The shocks on the Turbo S are an internal bypass shock and they ride really really well. The extra width at 72” makes it really stable.  Like you won’t have to do any shock work.  Plus the turbo S comes with 32” tires, 4 point harness and the better front diff that is rubber mounted.   The ride command is pretty slick too.

The Turbo S is a blast to drive.  I dove my friend’s 4 seater in Glamis.  Plus we had a 2 seat one in camp.  

I know it’s a bit above your budget, but I think the extra cost is well worth it.    The red and blue are both good looking.

It looks like the Turbo S is quite a bit more money. I know you are on the forums a lot. How much better is the Dynamix vs revalving the WE shocks or finding a 17 model with Fox. I assume the shock guys can make any of those better. Even with the car in the last post I am at $22k which is blowing the budget. On a new car including doing the WE suspension down the road I was at around $21,500. Would be nice to just buy something that works. The 3+ years warranty left on that last car might make it worth the drive.  My Car is up for sale so I can wait a while. Both cars will fit in my garage literally touching each other and would rather not do that. :sha: I can also store at my dads shop but have to do 3 hours of work to get it into one of the sheds.

18 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

It looks like the Turbo S is quite a bit more money. I know you are on the forums a lot. How much better is the Dynamix vs revalving the WE shocks or finding a 17 model with Fox. I assume the shock guys can make any of those better. Even with the car in the last post I am at $22k which is blowing the budget. On a new car including doing the WE suspension down the road I was at around $21,500. Would be nice to just buy something that works. The 3+ years warranty left on that last car might make it worth the drive.  My Car is up for sale so I can wait a while. Both cars will fit in my garage literally touching each other and would rather not do that. :sha: I can also store at my dads shop but have to do 3 hours of work to get it into one of the sheds.

The Walker Evans shocks work really well when they are redone.  The Fox shock turbo will ride nicer in stock form, but will also need some shock work.  Better off saving a few bucks and getting the Walker Evans model.  The ride difference is not that great.

I have not driven the non-turbo S dynamic set up. It is a non-internal bypass shock.     I believe  shock therapy has a spring kit and valving for those shocks. The Dynamix is suppose to be a nice set up.  

Devin on here has one with the shock therapy springs.  I thing he is selling it.  Hit him  up.  

I can tell you the Turbo S set up you won’t be wanting to do shock work.  Comfort mode on the trails is super comfortable.  Sport mode is a good setting for more aggressive driving and firm mode works well.  The overall package of the Turbo S will not have you wanting more.   

Polaris is always offering rebates and they may have some on the Turbo S.  I would at least price one out to see what your looking  at OTD.  If you are in no rush the pricing will get better as the season goes on.

Go down to the dealer and check them all out.  I have a feeling your wife will give the thumbs up for the Turbo S.  

1 hour ago, Sand Shark said:

The Walker Evans shocks work really well when they are redone.  The Fox shock turbo will ride nicer in stock form, but will also need some shock work.  Better off saving a few bucks and getting the Walker Evans model.  The ride difference is not that great.

I have not driven the non-turbo S dynamic set up. It is a non-internal bypass shock.     I believe  shock therapy has a spring kit and valving for those shocks. The Dynamix is suppose to be a nice set up.  

Devin on here has one with the shock therapy springs.  I thing he is selling it.  Hit him  up.  

I can tell you the Turbo S set up you won’t be wanting to do shock work.  Comfort mode on the trails is super comfortable.  Sport mode is a good setting for more aggressive driving and firm mode works well.  The overall package of the Turbo S will not have you wanting more.   

Polaris is always offering rebates and they may have some on the Turbo S.  I would at least price one out to see what your looking  at OTD.  If you are in no rush the pricing will get better as the season goes on.

Go down to the dealer and check them all out.  I have a feeling your wife will give the thumbs up for the Turbo S.  

I am looking at turbo cars only. Is the Dynamix different between turbo an non turbo?

1 minute ago, onanysunday said:

I am looking at turbo cars only. Is the Dynamix different between turbo an non turbo?

They only offer it on the turbo and turbo S models.  

Actually I just looked on the Polaris website and they do offer the dynamic suspension in the XP1000.   Looks to he the same set up at the turbo dynamic set up.

2 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

They only offer it on the turbo and turbo S models.  

Actually I just looked on the Polaris website and they do offer the dynamic suspension in the XP1000.   Looks to he the same set up at the turbo dynamic set up.

Well.... Reading some more about the Dynamix that setup does not ride as soft in slower stuff.  Plus more money. Sometimes we will be putting in the rocks so don't think I want to go that route.  We really like the Red 2017 model and whether I find one with WE or Fox shocks would be fine. Just have them setup. Did a searchtempest search and there is one of those cars for sale in the entire country. Pennsylvania - lol. Wonder if there is a way to find out how many they made of a certain color.  Other more likely option will be to put graphics on a car. Spring colors get changed with new and might need seats since they add the same color at the tops. Sheesh this is a pita. https://kirksville.craigslist.org/snw/d/downing-2017-polaris-rzr-1000-turbo/6766370054.html

14 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Well.... Reading some more about the Dynamix that setup does not ride as soft in slower stuff.  Plus more money. Sometimes we will be putting in the rocks so don't think I want to go that route.  We really like the Red 2017 model and whether I find one with WE or Fox shocks would be fine. Just have them setup. Did a searchtempest search and there is one of those cars for sale in the entire country. Pennsylvania - lol. Wonder if there is a way to find out how many they made of a certain color.  Other more likely option will be to put graphics on a car. Spring colors get changed with new and might need seats since they add the same color at the tops. Sheesh this is a pita. https://kirksville.craigslist.org/snw/d/downing-2017-polaris-rzr-1000-turbo/6766370054.html

I have only ridden in the Turbo S with dynamic suspension and at slow speeds in comfort mode it was a really soft ride.  

Might be easier to just get one that is in your budget and then have it wrapped in the color you like.    I would not buy anything used East of Utah.   Those folks farther east drive in a lot of water and muddy conditions. 

I have only ridden in the Turbo S with dynamic suspension and at slow speeds in comfort mode it was a really soft ride.  

Might be easier to just get one that is in your budget and then have it wrapped in the color you like.    I would not buy anything used East of Utah.   Those folks farther east drive in a lot of water and muddy conditions. 

Thanks and I agree. Was just showing as an example how few are out there. I have driven out of state before but would be nice to find something close. Wife not liking any colors for the 18s or 19s threw a wrench into my plans. Me I don't care as much. I was ready to drive to Cottonwood yesterday for a new 18.  Letting her choose colors helps with the negotiation!

1 hour ago, onanysunday said:

Thanks and I agree. Was just showing as an example how few are out there. I have driven out of state before but would be nice to find something close. Wife not liking any colors for the 18s or 19s threw a wrench into my plans. Me I don't care as much. I was ready to drive to Cottonwood yesterday for a new 18.  Letting her choose colors helps with the negotiation!

Just go get it and then take the wife to a wrap company and let her pick the colors.  Win Win!!!  LOL!

Wife and I are now discussing a 4 seater. My grandsons are 2 and 4 but might move from AZ to Cupertino CA.  Still up in the air.  Really puts me on the fence.  I have several buddies that say the 4 seater rides way better in the desert so even with 2 of us would still work good. They are just bigger to take up more space and more money. Difference was $2500 new from the 2 seat to the 4 seat.