onanysunday

SxS for desert and mountains only? - And what is my 900 worth

17 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Wife and I are now discussing a 4 seater. My grandsons are 2 and 4 but might move from AZ to Cupertino CA.  Still up in the air.  Really puts me on the fence.  I have several buddies that say the 4 seater rides way better in the desert so even with 2 of us would still work good. They are just bigger to take up more space and more money. Difference was $2500 new from the 2 seat to the 4 seat. 

4 seaters will also give you more storage space for when it is just 2 of you out riding.  They do ride nicer because of the longer wheelbase.   

Bert's Mega Mall here in Cali has a demo 4 seat Polaris  Dynamic for $17,999.  I just got an email from them this morning. 

I just spoke to my friend the purchased a 4 seat turbo Polaris with Walker Evans shocks.  He got his for $19,500 OTD from Ride Now last summer.   So if you are in no hurry, which it does not seem you are, deals can be had.  Come April when the weather starts heating up in AZ the deals will be there. 

34 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

I just spoke to my friend the purchased a 4 seat turbo Polaris with Walker Evans shocks.  He got his for $19,500 OTD from Ride Now last summer.   So if you are in no hurry, which it does not seem you are, deals can be had.  Come April when the weather starts heating up in AZ the deals will be there. 

Was that a 17 or 18 model. We like both the red and gray colors from 2017 and yes I will wait for a great deal. It would be nice to find one that has a cage and shock work done.

5 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Saw similar deals here in San Diego.

3 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Was that a 17 or 18 model. We like both the red and gray colors from 2017 and yes I will wait for a great deal. It would be nice to find one that has a cage and shock work done.

It was a 2018.  I am sure come the end of the season the fire sales will start

Here are some smoking deals

IMG_9798.JPG

Sand shark I really appreciate you posting that. I have on hold and will be there at 8:30 in the morning to buy the triple platinum black DS. 22 700 out the door.

22 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Sand shark I really appreciate you posting that. I have on hold and will be there at 8:30 in the morning to buy the triple platinum black DS. 22 700 out the door.

Congrats!   

They have 1 car that color! Would not have lasted long at all.

Well another thousand dollars and we are buying the big 72 inch car. Comes with the Smart Lock front differential which is a $1,500 upgrade and will work better in the rocks. Also has four point harnesses standard and a roof. I guess we ended up going big on this.

20190112_093812.jpg

20190112_093822.jpg

20190112_094002.jpg

25 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Well another thousand dollars and we are buying the big 72 inch car. Comes with the Smart Lock front differential which is a $1,500 upgrade and will work better in the rocks. Also has four point harnesses standard and a roof. I guess we ended up going big on this.

20190112_093812.jpg

20190112_093822.jpg

20190112_094002.jpg

Congrats!  You will be much happier with the 72” wide model and  the smart lock.  That is a smoking deal on that car.  

This stock retractable harnesseses are comfy and super easy to adjust.  

Congrats Kurtis, I think you made a good choice.

A little more now but your resell will be better if (haha when) you decide to trade again.

We expect a through report to follow..........

Only thing to do is get a guesset kit for the front and the taco kit from extremes performance for the lower a-arm.

The smart lock is really cool and it comes with a good power steering unit.  

I am not finding a bolt on kit from Extreme. Lot of good reviews on the Maverick forum for the CT Race worx kit

1 minute ago, onanysunday said:

I am not finding a bolt on kit from Extreme. Lot of good reviews on the Maverick forum for the CT Race worx kit

What do you mean bolt kit? I bought the back pull plate for mine.  You will be surprised at how big the holes are for the bolts that go through.  I purchased the taco kit for the front a arms and also the brackets to make it technically a double shear. Also put on Extremes front bulkhead and bumper.   I will say everything is the best fitting anything I’ve purchased for my car. 

Congrats On the New Toy...

Here are the descriptions on the receipt.  The front bumper is also the front bulkhead. 

D4325974-6B63-477F-9EBE-04797ADF4758.jpeg

Smart move to spend the extra 1k . Congrats on the new ride. 

15 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

What do you mean bolt kit? I bought the back pull plate for mine.  You will be surprised at how big the holes are for the bolts that go through.  I purchased the taco kit for the front a arms and also the brackets to make it technically a double shear. Also put on Extremes front bulkhead and bumper.   I will say everything is the best fitting anything I’ve purchased for my car. 

Sorry, Meant gusset. So I am clear you guys are talking about weld on kits like this one for the gusset and this one for the a arm.

7 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Sorry, Meant gusset. So I am clear you guys are talking about weld on kits like this one for the gusset and this one for the a arm.

Yes and definitely get the back pull plate. 

Was the advertised price $18,999 and the out the door $23,700?  If so that seems like a lot of add on fees .

4 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

Yes and definitely get the back pull plate. 

This?

1 minute ago, fmyth said:

Was the advertised price $18,999 and the out the door $23,700?  If so that seems like a lot of add on fees .

Yep, Just the way it is to buy new. I was looking at used 2017 cars with 1000 miles and not much less in price. Plus no Smart Lok front diff. These cars are bad about the viscous front diff not locking up well when one front tire comes off the ground. 

My buddy said up in Moab type stuff the viscous front diff does very poorly.