The only Batman

AJ Speed Shifter Replacement

Well it finally happened, my Speed Shifter is done!!  A buddy hit me on accident and broke it clean off.  I really liked the shifter too, O'well stuff happen's when your out having fun.   So, since it's obvious finding another one of these shifters to replace my damaged one is a lost cause, can anyone recommend a different brand that is very similar to this shifter?  For those that don't have any experience with them it turns my 2d into basically a sequential trans.  By simply bumping the shifter up and down it shifts gears, no H pattern.    

I have read and seen other cars like mine, SU  midengine SUBI powered rail, have something that looks and performs similar but nobody to date can offer the make and model so that I can get the correct replacement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 hours ago, The only Batman said:

Well it finally happened, my Speed Shifter is done!!  A buddy hit me on accident and broke it clean off.  I really liked the shifter too, O'well stuff happen's when your out having fun.   So, since it's obvious finding another one of these shifters to replace my damaged one is a lost cause, can anyone recommend a different brand that is very similar to this shifter?  For those that don't have any experience with them it turns my 2d into basically a sequential trans.  By simply bumping the shifter up and down it shifts gears, no H pattern.    

I have read and seen other cars like mine, SU  midengine SUBI powered rail, have something that looks and performs similar but nobody to date can offer the make and model so that I can get the correct replacement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Is this gone? http://www.transworks.biz/ajshift.html

Posted (edited)

I got one. 😉 Look up vertigate shifter. I couldn’t tell ya where to get one tho 

7721350A-2D8A-494B-A36F-F69210CAE6FE.jpeg

Edited by B0NES

3 hours ago, The only Batman said:

What broke?  I've got a speed shifter that I took off of my car, it has an internal fluid leak.

35 minutes ago, Kansas T said:

What broke?  I've got a speed shifter that I took off of my car, it has an internal fluid leak.

The part on the back where the portion with the lines connect to main part

IMG_20181231_170215_696.jpg

45 minutes ago, B0NES said:

I got one. 😉 Look up vertigate shifter. I couldn’t tell ya where to get one tho 

7721350A-2D8A-494B-A36F-F69210CAE6FE.jpeg

Thank you i will

Do you still have the AJ speed shifter shift Box I need one

Pretty sure he sold it. I sent him a message a few months back and never heard from him.

Posted (edited)

http://www.msebg.org/shift-housings.html

rear engine cars 

mid engine cars, pretty much looks like it would be with morse cables 

www.msebg.org/photos.html

Edited by J Alper

No really a lot of choice in that type of shifter anymore...

There is always the PBS Mid engine shifter, although I think the AJ is slicker.,,,

Last ime I bought one the PBS was around $500 plus cables 

http://pbseng.com/pbs-cable-shifter/

Maybe one of the Machinists on the board can copy the broken pieces of your shifter from another make the pieces?

if you live in vegas i might be able to help you out.

the shifter that BONES has is a unit that i make,  i bought that shifter company years ago.  the unit is $1600  it comes with a new and improved "long" shifter assy (the first units were B&M) 

this unit comes with 3 $80 shifting cables, the shifter  and the rear piece that mounts on the tranny

1 hour ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

the shifter that BONES has is a unit that i make,  i bought that shifter company years ago.  the unit is $1600  it comes with a new and improved "long" shifter assy (the first units were B&M) 

this unit comes with 3 $80 shifting cables, the shifter  and the rear piece that mounts on the tranny

that is what I would go with, John do you have any pictures,

On 5/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

That is good to know! I was nervous about a replacement if anything happened. 

On 5/31/2019 at 12:27 AM, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

I'm guessing this shifter still requires use of the clutch?  

How well does the shifter work in street driving?  

On 5/30/2019 at 1:37 PM, fastkenny said:

Do you still have the AJ speed shifter shift Box I need one

Mine has been sold.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:40 PM, J Alper said:

that is what I would go with, John do you have any pictures,

This @John@Outfront Mtrsprts Of the full assembly?

Posted (edited)

I have one on my car (Mid Engine with 2D)

I would like to convert to conventional H pattern. Maybe we could work something out?

Bernie (559) 274-3047

Edited by journeyman
wrong term