Buggydave

Buggy VS Rzr?

16 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

Back in the day a guy once said, "doesn't matter what you have, if you can't see, you can't go fast"..... of course we were talking about Walker Evans and Mint 400 dust....but it seems to hold true....if you can't see where you are going....why are you going so fast?

Ocotillo has gotten really bad....the washes during the day are friggen scary....we stay out now....and only travel on the high roads where we can see what is coming....

Walker Evans must have said this AFTER he killed a camera man in his race truck,   im guesing...............................

27 minutes ago, Dune Marshall said:

Walker Evans must have said this AFTER he killed a camera man in his race truck,   im guesing...............................

No matter what, the message is plain and simple ....   do not drive faster than what you can see is out in front. 

Wasn't Walker, we were watching him go slow in the dust is the late 80's even with a helicopter...I thought that the camera guy got hit after Walker and Ivan came together racing around a corner?

On 1/8/2019 at 5:39 PM, realbadlarry said:

Wasn't Walker, we were watching him go slow in the dust is the late 80's even with a helicopter...I thought that the camera guy got hit after Walker and Ivan came together racing around a corner?

They did come together in the dust, but it was Walkers truck that killed the camera man.  Same case, going to fast where you cant see. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1995-07-01-9507010037-story.html

Ban camaras?

15 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

Ban camaras?

Camera's too

19 minutes ago, MWB said:

Camera's too

. ?

17 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

Ban camaras?

Grassy knolls.

2 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

. ?

Check yore spelling. Must have been that Private Education you had ...... 

20 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

Check yore spelling. Must have been that Private Education you had ...... 

I'm aware of my spelling failure, I was offering him a choice of punctuation endings. "Camera's too" was an incomplete sentence. I'll leave his incorrect use of an apostrophe alone for now.

BTW, there was no need for you to capitalize "private education."

Edited by BaBaBouy

My prayers to all those involved in this horrible accident and my hat is off to all the first responders both professional and non-professional. I'm a Newbie, correction I'm lees than a Newbie  and read this thread to gain safety knowledge.

We have a saying the US Navy fighter pilot community, "Don't let the airplane get in front of you". The same can be said for Sandrail, SXS, 4X4 ETC.

Dennis