your red car looks awesome

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, sandhammerer said:

I never said that. WTF 

:rbj:

:blowkiss:

its all good I will share my secret with you,

25 minutes ago, sandhammerer said:

Nice thread hack and complete bull shit  of what I said. about how much I love men, (naked men)  WTF is this RTtv Glamis dunes .com ? . WOW. Skatcker ! LOL

your right we should stick to tire size

Here’s my 33 x 15 baja pros And 33 blasters on my car. I run them on combos. Love them at 10lbs. Gonna get another set and get them buffed to see what I like better. Much better than my 8.50 STUs

B7CD6680-3F27-40BA-919F-28EB9F92D7B8.thumb.jpeg.8ecb6380683cc893644176a57e9a4ba9.jpeg

DC6DA7F4-6D10-41A6-A9F1-4D06DC5B51C7.thumb.jpeg.601cbbf17577d9e2457f3f11aea75ef0.jpeg

Is someone editing your posts?

6 hours ago, sandhammerer said:

I don't like the way you " dual sport" guy's like to encase the fuel systems on you cars ( just to protect your cv"s) with that ridiculous engine cover ? wtf ? . Not like us sand guy's are doing the BJ1000 .

If you can’t take it don’t dish it out the remark above is more offensive then any gay remark I have seen. 

Try to stick to the topics 

21 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Is someone editing your posts?

YES

Wow...

8 hours ago, acefuture said:

Here’s my 33 x 15 baja pros And 33 blasters on my car. I run them on combos. Love them at 10lbs. Gonna get another set and get them buffed to see what I like better. Much better than my 8.50 STUs

B7CD6680-3F27-40BA-919F-28EB9F92D7B8.thumb.jpeg.8ecb6380683cc893644176a57e9a4ba9.jpeg

DC6DA7F4-6D10-41A6-A9F1-4D06DC5B51C7.thumb.jpeg.601cbbf17577d9e2457f3f11aea75ef0.jpeg

How long have you been running them? I’m doing the same on combo’s and a little nervous I may break a spindle, probably going to upgrade to 2” hollows after this season just to be safe 

2 hours ago, Getpitted453 said:

How long have you been running them? I’m doing the same on combo’s and a little nervous I may break a spindle, probably going to upgrade to 2” hollows after this season just to be safe 

I’ve seen at least 1/2 dozen front wheels fall off and never have seen the actual spindle break. The welds holding them on break and those welds need to be inspected.  I’m running the weenie 8.50 STU razors and would like taller. What taller tires are light? They all seem too heavy for what we do...Does anybody have weights of these larger tires?

Posted (edited)

Wow this went South quick!! Baja pros are the lightest option besides a razor type sand tire. At lt or implament farm tires are heavy. I can try to weigh them when I get home I have a whole bunch of different ones laying around.

Edited by 2turbofords

Let keep this on topic please.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Getpitted453 said:

For the last 2 trips, 4-5 day trips and going on 2 runs a day minimum. After the last trip I pulled the brakes and hubs off the spindle to inspect. Welds look really good and strong so I'm confident. I also chatted with several other people who run 33s on their combos (specifically DD cars) that had been running them for years. Can you do it? Yes. Would it be safer to have 2" hollows? Yes. But you can chase that down the rabbit hole. I think it really comes down to the quality of weld on your snout to upright. Since there is much less surface area for the weld on the combo vs 2" hollow it needs to be a very quality weld. It's all up to opinion though. I'm going to keep running mine and when I have an extra $2000ish i'll do the full upgrade to 2" hollows and probably to a 35" Baja Pro. 

1 hour ago, acefuture said:

For the last 2 trips, 4-5 day trips and going on 2 runs a day minimum. After the last trip I pulled the brakes and hubs off the spindle to inspect. Welds look really good and strong so I'm confident. I also chatted with several other people who run 33s on their combos (specifically DD cars) that had been running them for years. Can you do it? Yes. Would it be safer to have 2" hollows? Yes. But you can chase that down the rabbit hole. I think it really comes down to the quality of weld on your snout to upright. Since there is much less surface area for the weld on the combo vs 2" hollow it needs to be a very quality weld. It's all up to opinion though. I'm going to keep running mine and when I have an extra $2000ish i'll do the full upgrade to 2" hollows and probably to a 35" Baja Pro. 

That would look bad azz. If I go to 2" hollows, I might as well have my arms and steering rods made larger. That will be a project after my Eco/2d swap. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, stumpalump said:

I’ve seen at least 1/2 dozen front wheels fall off and never have seen the actual spindle break. The welds holding them on break and those welds need to be inspected.  I’m running the weenie 8.50 STU razors and would like taller. What taller tires are light? They all seem too heavy for what we do...Does anybody have weights of these larger tires?

that is kind of my point if you take the circumference time pie, for a combo weld compared to a 2'' hollow mounting weld with the inside and outside weld it is about 4 times the weld

so not only the snout is stronger the weld is way stronger also  

56765749977__FFED7A84-F5F4-41A7-826F-43A6F4D16C13.JPG

IMG_6521.JPG

Other then a slight increase in leverage the tire size has little to do with spindle failure, or the material around it. The weight of the tire is on the ground. It's the cars weight that is on the spindle. Do people ever talk about how many years thier combo spindle went before it cracked? I went almost 10 years when jumping and pounding through witch eyes took mine out. 2" hollows are fairly new but eventually your going to hear about them breaking off. That's not to say it's not a worth while upgrade but anything can be broken. 

Posted (edited)

This was my Eyeball car with king kong spindles  35” Baja Pro and 33” STU pro. I liked the look and also the ride. No complaints here. Wanted to shave the fronts but never got around to it.

BCFFF3E3-A3CD-464C-8B53-BDED98535339.jpeg

Edited by Will G

9 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Other then a slight increase in leverage the tire size has little to do with spindle failure, or the material around it. The weight of the tire is on the ground. It's the cars weight that is on the spindle. Do people ever talk about how many years thier combo spindle went before it cracked? I went almost 10 years when jumping and pounding through witch eyes took mine out. 2" hollows are fairly new but eventually your going to hear about them breaking off. That's not to say it's not a worth while upgrade but anything can be broken. 

Very good point, every one I have seen fail had some rust or had been cracked for awhile.

I love my Baja Pros, you can run a pretty low air pressure in them as well which helps a little on the small chatter bumps and chop. 

I ran  combo foddrill spindles  with 33s on the sand and in the dirt from 99 on my Baja bug then I installed them on my buggy frame in 06, switched to 35" tires in 2015 when the new BFG  10.50 came out (same spindles on two vehicles over 2300lbs) , just sold them recently and never had one break. I was careful and worried about them constantly.... It can be done but now I have 2" hollows so I can eat ice cream on my way thru the dunes and not a care Bout breaking a spindle.

2 guys in our group broke spindles and wound up rolling the cars trying to 3 wheel it out of the dunes.  I think it’s important to adjust out the preload on the rear before trying to 3 wheel one.  All this reminds me to install an intrusion bar in the windsheild opening. A bouncing tire, wheel, hub, spindle, break rotor and lug nuts are heavy enough to kill you if you are behind the car it breaks off of. 

I don't have the tools to weld 2" hollow snouts. Also, Can I get new spindles that will fit my Sandcars.net arms?

I haven't seen anyone suggest a UTV tire, why not? 

also wouldn't it be more accurate to do the full weight of your tire/rim combo to compare not just what tire you're running?

40 minutes ago, Ecobraap said:

I haven't seen anyone suggest a UTV tire, why not? 

also wouldn't it be more accurate to do the full weight of your tire/rim combo to compare not just what tire you're running?

Yeah he have seen some tensor, or tenser tires that were super light weight  and  35x10.50x15 many new utvs running them in hard pack.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, 2turbofords said:

Yeah he have seen some tensor, or tenser tires that were super light weight  and  35x10.50x15 many new utvs running them in hard pack.

Where can I look those up?

www.tensortire.com is the manufacturer's website.  Kartek sells them. As I recall, the DS comes in a 35 and the Regulator A/T you can get in a 32.  I looked at them when I was buying some rear dirt tires but ended up going with All Terrain T/As instead.