MWB

Radio Etiquette

We use radios at work every day . The discipline in knowing what to say and how to say it effectively and quickly does not seem exist in a generation of people that have learned  to communicate  or have adopted communicating everything with thier fingers on a keyboard of some kind . Private channels are the only solution  to solve that madness . 

25 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Do you mean VHF?

VHS has been dead for a while now...

;)

I'm Beta Maxing Bro!

14 minutes ago, RallyAlleigh said:

Most handhelds are 16 channel so hopefully we can add some more!

For some reason they all seem stuck on the first 4 or 5 channels.

Just now, dbart said:

I'm Beta Maxing Bro!

Man, I lost a ton of money on those machines and tapes!

:lol:

1 hour ago, Chevy1925 said:

banks 2-4 suuuuuure are quite! :lol:

DONT TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THOSE

24 minutes ago, 2011BFD said:

I agree!

26 minutes ago, 2011BFD said:

2 minutes ago, jaybird95 said:

I agree!

i aint worried. They hardly know how to use the PTT button, you think they will figure out the 4-5 different programmed ways either of the two radio company's use? :lol:. Shit, im the only one in our group of 10-12 cars that actually knows how to do it and ive explained it a few times!!!

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Dude 1: Hey, what's for lunch when we get back to camp?

Dude 2: Not sure, we had a ham sandwich yesterday. And last time we were out here, Stacy made everyone a real nice casserole.

Dude 1: Stacy had to go home today. Her cat ran away.

Dude 2: That's too bad, was that Sylvester or Morris?

Little Kid: My sister had a cat named Sylvester.

Little  Kid: Hey Uncle Frank, can you hear me?

on and on, my goodness it is out of control.

Spot on!

18 minutes ago, Chevy1925 said:

i aint worried. They hardly know how to use the PTT button, you think they will figure out the 4-5 different programmed ways either of the two radio company's use? :lol:. Shit, im the only one in our group of 10-12 cars that actually knows how to do it and ive explained it a few times!!!

On Sunday afternoon there was a moron who if I find I will make listen to a pink noise generator for 12 hours straight who was driving with there finger on the PTT button.  I have never wanted to strangle a complete stranger that bad before.

3 hours ago, Mac said:

This stupid shit!

And the divorce unfolding for the guy and wife where she was lost in the dunes (behind like wash 10 in the flat area) and she couldn't figure out N, S, E, W...Holy mother of God...This went on for like an hour.

You must have been on Mag 7 for this one. I usually lead my group rides and it turns out all my f&$# turd buddies only have their radio on when we leave and when we arrive somewhere so they can listen to music uninterrupted. I have been keeping mine on just in the event something happens to any of them...not any more...jeez.

2 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Less likely to have someone on it.   We have 6 non-stock channels and just switch between them.

Aaaaaaannnnndddd....  This is the problem with everyone having a 60w radio to talk to someone a quarter mile away.  5w works just fine for 99.999999999999999999999% of dune comms. 

How about the interference/reception we got on BDBC1......that was sure random. Sure is nice to have our option though.

2 hours ago, Mac said:

I was saying people trying to use radio lingo they know nothing about...

Sandwichmaker1 you are cleared for lift off 

So glad we had @RallyAlleigh program our own channel for Roadrunner and add the privacy dealio. Even if you have the same channel you can listen but can't talk to us. No BS chatter at all.

6 minutes ago, MWB said:

On Sunday afternoon there was a moron who if I find I will make listen to a pink noise generator for 12 hours straight who was driving with there finger on the PTT button.  I have never wanted to strangle a complete stranger that bad before.

Its quite a possibility that there was a short in the PTT and they had no idea their PTT was keying up the intercom.  I am currently getting clarification so I may edit this with better info but normally the radio is programmed with a Time Out Time function. If the radio is keyed up for more then 30 seconds, it will cut of transmission. I do not think there is a penalty timer on radios right now, so they may be able to transmit again shortly after it cuts off.  I am not sure of Rugged's settings so I can not speak for them and how those are programmed.

Meanwhile................down at Ogilby...........

12 minutes ago, desertaddict said:

You must have been on Mag 7 for this one. I usually lead my group rides and it turns out all my f&$# turd buddies only have their radio on when we leave and when we arrive somewhere so they can listen to music uninterrupted. I have been keeping mine on just in the event something happens to any of them...not any more...jeez.

Mag 7 is one of the busiest channels in Glamis! I can understand why the wouldnt want to listen LOL

3 minutes ago, MWB said:

bahahaha! ive noticed guys that dont want you on the channel or want you to shut up now pulse the PTT button. When we use to have a guy that had the hand held 7 channel radio that he hooked to a head set, we got stuck on teh first 7 channels. We dont talk hardly at all on teh radio other than  lead (me) "everyone ready?", "whose tail radio?", "stay left," "stay right", or someone will call out traffic over a ridge that i may not see or if someone breaks or stops that gets called out BUT you get everyone and their brother talking like posted in here. Thats when i noticed someone other than our group started hitting the PTT constantly. the moment the other group shut up or changed channels, it stopped. different group start in bull shitting, it would start again. we honestly cracked up pretty good. 

We gave our buddy an ultimatum. either he upgraded his radio or we no longer tuned to his channels he had. he upgraded lol

Some of the Rugged Radios only come with 17 channels programmed in them.  When I hooked my programmer on my radio I had over 60 channels.   Same 60 watt radio in several cars in our camp only had 17.  So I just uploaded all my channels into their radio along with the custom one.  

If all the radios came with 60 pre-programmed channels the cross-talk would not be an issue on holiday weekends.

C.B. Radios..... that’s the way to go with a 120  channels and 80 of them at 12 Watts.  Then everyone will have to learn how to talk like a trucker  “”10-4 that good buddy.... I saw that smoky hiding behind the trash bins.””

13 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

C.B. Radios..... that’s the way to go with a 120  channels and 80 of them at 12 Watts.  Then everyone will have to learn how to talk like a trucker  “”10-4 that good buddy.... I saw that smoky hiding behind the trash bins.””

I wish the car to car radios had the RF gain knob that an old CB did. You could basically tune down the receiving range of the radio so only your immediate group of cars would come in. 

15 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I wish the car to car radios had the RF gain knob that an old CB did. You could basically tune down the receiving range of the radio so only your immediate group of cars would come in. 

No squelch knob ?

1 hour ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

What model radio do you have? 

2 hours ago, spize909 said:

How about the interference/reception we got on BDBC1......that was sure random. Sure is nice to have our option though.

Probably hated we were on their channel... :bigrin 

1 hour ago, RK Racing said:

No squelch knob ?

RF gain turns down the sensitivity of the radio so you don’t have to squelch our everything. They work together to keep cross talk down. 

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

RF gain turns down the sensitivity of the radio so you don’t have to squelch our everything. They work together to keep cross talk down. 

Ok, thanks.... I use a C.B. And talk Real Man Trucker Talk....  A good friend of mine is a trucker so therefore I qualify  :bangin:

3 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

All of the radios I've sold have a squelch knob. In addition to 112 race channels and 7 NOAA weather channels.