Kracker4693

8" wide wheels with paddles

Anyone run 8" wide wheels with 35x14.50 Xtreme Revolutions?  

I tried it and hated it, but that was me, the car felt like it had allot of bod roll and the tire dug in very easy compared to just coming out of the hole quick, and this was with a blaster 33, same height as the 35 revolution but the blaster was a 12.50

I have also ran a empi 10'' wide with a blaster 33 seemed really nice,

and now I run a 35.5 sand master with a 11''x17'' rim

Randy just had his 12” beadlock rims cut down to 10” by OMF. I did’t even know they could do that. Runs a comp cut 33 blaster and it looks and works bad azz on his very light car 1700lbs.  His tires got a little taller in the center but also bulged out at the sides a bit. The tread cords really don’t grow much taller contrary to belief because the cords hold their shape. Radials dont grow at all on a narrow rim.  My next rims to fix my off set problem will be non beadlock spun aluminum 12x15x3.5 back spacing.    If anybody has a set laying around I’ll take them.   I’ll put a 12x15 inner air beadlock in it and run 7-8 psi. Nothing soaks up the chop like low air pressure but they get too much side roll. Inner air, Staun or Coyote internal beadlocks suport the sidwall of the tire.   They are magic on a jeep but a pita to install and maintain so they are not common. I can run 50 mph with 6 psi in the 35” tires with internal beadlocks and the jeep handles fine because the inner air beadlock is at 32 psi. I’m going to put them on the rail once I get rims. Anybody try internal beadlocks on a rail or have a set of rims that I need?

I'm running a 33" blaster now on a 10" wide wheel and with my new motor is just blows the tires off. I looked into the 35.5's but I have a 2D in the car and that seems to be a bad idea.  I'm just looking for more hook and I like the look of the narrower/ taller tire. I already have a set of Apex 10.80's to go on the front