spize909

Engine Swap Ecotec 2.2 to 2.4

On 1/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, turbo4 said:

Where are you located and your phone number please

pm sent......located in Upland ^^

I have just a little bit more power with the 2.0 supercharged LSJ version. I like the stage 4 pressure plate with a 6 disk clutch. I can stay full throttle and downshift if needed and it slips and hooks up just right. Reallly nice if you want to shift on a long power slide or blast up a climb and bang down a gear while under full power. It just feels right because the heavy pressure plate is really fast and the disk slips just enough to be smooth under full throttle. Hopefully you have a great shifter like a pro am that you can really trust. You  know its right when you can shift it without lifting up or down and the transition to full lock up comes on like a dirt bike or an automatic when you side step the clutch. The 4 puck will do the same thing but only under full throttle shifts without lifting. You have to let the cluch out slow unless you are under full power or it just grabs. Try the 6 disc and your stage two and if slips too much when you beat it then up the pressure plate not the clutch disk. 

Flywheel torque is 39 ft lbs plus 25 degrees. Not having the proper tool for that, I assume i just need to torque to spec and then turn another 25 degrees? That's hardly anything. Can I just get away with torque them all to 42 or something along that line?

I got the bolts at Kartek and I don't think they are a torque to yield bolt. 

2 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Flywheel torque is 39 ft lbs plus 25 degrees. Not having the proper tool for that, I assume i just need to torque to spec and then turn another 25 degrees? That's hardly anything. Can I just get away with torque them all to 42 or something along that line?

I got the bolts at Kartek and I don't think they are a torque to yield bolt. 

You better find out. Not a part to guess on. The extra 25• is to stretch the Bolt. Provides better clamping force. 

39 minutes ago, Grease Monkey said:

You better find out. Not a part to guess on. The extra 25• is to stretch the Bolt. Provides better clamping force. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 hour ago, Grease Monkey said:

I'll just go to 39 and make a mark at 25 degrees and turn it that much more then. I can make some kinda degree wheel and mark it.

Ghetto picker!

20190119_092124.jpg

1 hour ago, spize909 said:

Ghetto picker!

20190119_092124.jpg

That doesn't look like a 4runner :lol:

3 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

That doesn't look like a 4runner :lol:

4runner is done. Not only did Kartek give me the wrong pilot bearing (got the right one from the place that turned the flywheel), they also gave me the wrong flywheel bolts. What they gave me are about 7mm too long. I'm thinking they gave me stuff for a Kennedy flywheel and pretty sure this is stock.  There goes 2 hours of my day...

Ghetto engine bench😁

20190119_104823.jpg

Edited by spize909

4 hours ago, spize909 said:

I'll just go to 39 and make a mark at 25 degrees and turn it that much more then. I can make some kinda degree wheel and mark it.

Steal one of your kids’ protractors they probably left behind. :bigrin 

Or half of half of 90* plus a little. 

Or if it’s a 12pt, mark at one point then turn almost to the next (30* per point). 

Edited by Rockwood

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Steal one of your kids’ protractors they probably left behind. :bigrin 

Or half of half of 90* plus a little. 

Or if it’s a 12pt, mark at one point then turn almost to the next (30* per point). 

You didn't go out with the BDBC?

Nah. Flight delays because of the snow in New England area (connecting in Newark) made it so I got in super late. Didn’t want to stay up until 3am eastern time loading. 

Ghetto flywheel holder

20190119_125401.jpg

In it to win it....maybe tomorrow it will run?

20190119_171008.jpg