Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 1/5/19 what are you doing this weekend?

First Saturday this year. Should stay home and catch up on house stuff. No real plans for this weekend...

You all be safe and have fun.

:gd:

:sail:

Cleaning the garage a bit so i can get the engine n trans out of the car today ....headed up to see john at transaxle monday  . Fields auto with a locking diff .  needs to be replaced with an open diff .  

Got some OT today. Capping off 70 hours of OT in a 2 week period. Gonna watch Supercross tonight. Figure out something to smoke tomorrow for dinner. 

Andrew

Posted (edited)

Sounds like my life .... taking this weekend  off is costing me money 🤔

Edited by davyjones

Posted (edited)

My first week of this year has been pretty rough. I broke a tooth thanksgiving and finally saw my dentist thursday. 3800$ later i had a root canal and a temp cap is in place until the permanent cap is made. The day after we got home from our trip my wife was in the bath (2nd one of the day) and i was farting around outside when i noticed a small puddle bubbling in the back yard.  I pumped my septic less than two years ago, a quick call to the guy  that did it and he said it was fine then, and suggested it froze from non use while i was gone (its been low 20s overnight for about a week and a half). Called out a septic repair guy and he says its only partially working could be minor (1500$) could be a new leach field (5500$-$10,000). Unfortunately, its gotta be dug up to find out if it froze or if the lines are shot (it hasnt bubbled up since) So i’ve been digging and getting wood ready for tonights forcastes snow. Could have bought mikel’s genesis for what this january is costing me.  

On a plus note, the new ruger super redhawk 4.2” .44 i ordered last month came in so i began my 10 day friday :yay:.  Been on a local history kick lately, gonna load the kids up in a min and take them for a short hike to an old  stage well. Helping a neighbor tow a car tomorrow.  Busy weekend. 

Edited by sausage450r

Watching Gunsmoke with my wife and son thinking about how I should be in the garage prepping for Glamis because...........

""If I am not at Glamis I should be in my garage getting ready for Glamis"".

Did some work on the Trailer and in the Garage..Headed to a B-day party in SD later tonight and watch SX

2 hours ago, RK Racing said:

Watching Gunsmoke with my wife and son thinking about how I should be in the garage prepping for Glamis because...........

""If I am not at Glamis I should be in my garage getting ready for Glamis"".

And you should be going next weekend!

3 hours ago, sausage450r said:

My first week of this year has been pretty rough. I broke a tooth thanksgiving and finally saw my dentist thursday. 3800$ later i had a root canal and a temp cap is in place until the permanent cap is made. The day after we got home from our trip my wife was in the bath (2nd one of the day) and i was farting around outside when i noticed a small puddle bubbling in the back yard.  I pumped my septic less than two years ago, a quick call to the guy  that did it and he said it was fine then, and suggested it froze from non use while i was gone (its been low 20s overnight for about a week and a half). Called out a septic repair guy and he says its only partially working could be minor (1500$) could be a new leach field (5500$-$10,000). Unfortunately, its gotta be dug up to find out if it froze or if the lines are shot (it hasnt bubbled up since) So i’ve been digging and getting wood ready for tonights forcastes snow. Could have bought mikel’s genesis for what this january is costing me.  

On a plus note, the new ruger super redhawk 4.2” .44 i ordered last month came in so i began my 10 day friday :yay:.  Been on a local history kick lately, gonna load the kids up in a min and take them for a short hike to an old  stage well. Helping a neighbor tow a car tomorrow.  Busy weekend. 

we always pray for snow before it gets cold, it insulates the ground so pipes don't freeze 

Having fun Watching the Colts spank the texans. 

Waiting for the rain, and going to fire up the bbq.

Posted (edited)

Just got back from a dune buggy rescue stub a axal bearing and seal with no grease first time in the dunes with new buggy and no one with them besides there son on a quad with no one else  also bad clutch too .. had to tow him back to camp . Glamis watching the rain .

Edited by DEV'S RZR

4 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Good thing your a baller :bigrin

42 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

Good thing your a baller :bigrin

:lmao:  yore cute. This is gonna take me all year to pay off :coocoo:

About to celebrate this fabulous woman’s 50th birthday.  Happy birthday Jen.  What an honor and privilege to be your husband. 

2B20162B-98FA-4DF8-9CDD-A2DF8DD4DF79.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Sndsamplr said:

About to celebrate this fabulous woman’s 50th birthday.  Happy birthday Jen.  What an honor and privilege to be your husband. 

2B20162B-98FA-4DF8-9CDD-A2DF8DD4DF79.jpeg

Hush, you’re making the rest of us look bad! Lol...

Went looking at RV's today, heading out to Quartzsite in the morning for a new to us RV. But for now watching the start up Supper cross

Going oh-fer on the first day of the football challenge.  Shot my carbine in a match at South Mountain, first in carbine division and second overall to the great Rob Letham.  I will not say what Rob was shooting, but that guy is so fast that he could probably win with a sling shot.

New brakes and rotors for the work van yesterday.

Taking down the Christmas lights and putting up my new security cameras and weather station today.

Recuperating and about to watch some football

A6C36191-AEE4-4A78-8157-3C2A6BE3E3AD.jpeg

96CC2068-1FAF-422A-B1E6-3D72B114EE3B.jpeg

1 hour ago, endobear said:

New brakes and rotors for the work van yesterday.

Taking down the Christmas lights and putting up my new security cameras and weather station today.

what weather station did u get and why ?

6 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

what weather station did u get and why ?

La Crosse Technology V40-PRO.

Wife and kids surprised me with it for Christmas. 

So far. So good.. real accurate.

Wife has it going to her phone

I just have the  display in my garage.

4 minutes ago, endobear said:

La Crosse Technology V40-PRO.

Wife and kids surprised me with it for Christmas. 

So far. So good.. real accurate.

Wife has it going to her phone

I just have the  display in my garage.

cool thx

On the grind- Mandatory

BS

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, Sndsamplr said:

Recuperating and about to watch some football

A6C36191-AEE4-4A78-8157-3C2A6BE3E3AD.jpeg

96CC2068-1FAF-422A-B1E6-3D72B114EE3B.jpeg

Da chEFFF was in that photo! Happy Birthday Jeni.....Peace

On 1/6/2019 at 4:31 PM, mike dee said: