B0NES

WTB- I need the shortest skinniest wheels/tires possible to get car in WW...

My car barely fits in my weekend warrior 31’ fifth wheel. I borrowed some skinny wheels and tires from a friend but have to give them back. Anyone in the SD area have a set I can buy or know where I can get a set? They have to be short and skinny.   Any info is much appreciated 👍🏽

i got some you can have Im in Upland thou

19 minutes ago, Dodger08 said:

I really appreciate the offer!

My buddy bought temporary spare doughnut tires and mounted them on skinny latest rage wheels. I cant see you getting any smaller than that

I bought donut tires off of some random cars in an LKQ lot and then drilled them to fit. The outside of my lugs is the widest part of the car with those on 

Kartek sells narrow alum wheels and farmers if you don’t mind spending the $$ my car is 98” wide with paddles, with this setup it’s 83” 

16 hours ago, B0NES said:

I really appreciate the offer!

my GF lives in Campo, she is leaving Upland tomorrow to go home  she could meet you somewhere if you want them, shoot me a text -909-579-7519

1 hour ago, acefuture said:

LKQ lot

I can not, for the life of me, figure out what this stands for. 

The wheels my buddy has are old VW rims but they won’t fit properly, my brake calipers rub so i had to flip the wheels around backwards for them to work. But that made them stick out further. Drilling out a set might just work. 

43 minutes ago, Dodger08 said:

my GF lives in Campo, she is leaving Upland tomorrow to go home  she could meet you somewhere if you want them, shoot me a text -909-579-7519

You’re the man. I’ll shoot you a text now. 

22 hours ago, B0NES said:

The wheels my buddy has are old VW rims but they won’t fit properly, my brake calipers rub so i had to flip the wheels around backwards for them to work. But that made them stick out further. Drilling out a set might just work. 

LKQ is a Pick Your Part

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/

It's just junk yards with a bunch of cars and you walk on and dig for your part. Wheels are like $15 each. Just make sure you take the measurement of what the size of the caliper/rotor needs to clear and measure the interior of donut wheels at the junk yard. I ended up with volvo spare donuts. The lug pattern obviously wasnt the same but it was close to the hub size on my car so I redrilled the holes, not the VW 5 wide adapter pattern but the hub itself, so I leave the adapter on the rim side and bolt the donut to the hub lugs. Saves me an extra inch per side. 

IMG_6129.thumb.jpg.5b314789abafddd58cb76f275ffa82cd.jpg

IMG_6132.thumb.jpg.77cb04bb134314abf387236a78385d02.jpg

For caliper rubbing issues with a stock VW rim, try staking washers or spacers on the studs before the wheel. It will space the wheel out enough to clear the calipers. With stock VW rims the offset, the studs stick out further than the wheel.

On 1/5/2019 at 6:35 PM, Dodger08 said:

I gotta thank Austin (Dodger08) for hooking me up with some vw rims and tires. His girlfriend lives close to me and stopped on her way home this morning early and met me off the freeway. That’s a great dude in my opinion. Seems to me most the guys on here are pretty stand up guys and help each other out and I appreciate you guys. 

BB752551-38D8-4EF4-8CD3-8C5C13FAC784.jpeg

22 minutes ago, steinberg55 said:

For caliper rubbing issues with a stock VW rim, try staking washers or spacers on the studs before the wheel. It will space the wheel out enough to clear the calipers. With stock VW rims the offset, the studs stick out further than the wheel.

I’m going to try that. It’s only about a washers length that it touches anyways. 

23 hours ago, B0NES said:

Since we have the same car... :lol:

I have a set of spacers that came with mine.  They are maybe 1/2 - 3/4 inch to give just enough offset.  I saw some at Home Depot in the hardware section.  Hopefully they will fit or you can always stack washers until you get spacers made.

I was checking out your red beast. 

23 minutes ago, Mac said:

Since we have the same car... :lol:

I have a set of spacers that came with mine.  They are maybe 1/2 - 3/4 inch to give just enough offset.  I saw some at Home Depot in the hardware section.  Hopefully they will fit or you can always stack washers until you get spacers made.

I was checking out your red beast this weekend. I remember that for sale and loved it. You have good taste. 👍🏽😉