Sign in to follow this  
Dunetamer

Fed Shutdown

I came across this on the BLM website while looking to see if a permit will be required on MLK weekend. 

In the event of a lapse in appropriations, the Bureau of Land Management will be closed. During this shutdown, this website is not being updated and may not reflect current conditions. For your planning purposes, the majority of BLM-managed lands remain accessible to visitors; however access may change without notice. Please be aware that there may be no BLM-provided visitor services, including restrooms, trash collection, facilities or road maintenance. For more information, see www.doi.gov/shutdown.

The referenced website doesn't really explain if there will be permit enforcement during the shutdown.  Has there been a BLM presence during this shutdown?  Also, what is the trash/bathroom situation? 

Thanks,

in Short for Glamis - all Rescue and Law enforcement are working. Trash & toilet are contracted so it "should" continue with no issues.  

14 minutes ago, BRINGENKAOS said:

in Short for Glamis - all Rescue and Law enforcement are working. Trash & toilet are contracted so it "should" continue with no issues.  

over new years all was normal, and they were checking for permits, buddy behind me leaving the washes got pulled over because his permit was on his dash not hanging, at least they were nice and just let him go since he had one. trash trucks were out there.

3 minutes ago, JaredDustin said:

over new years all was normal, and they were checking for permits, buddy behind me leaving the washes got pulled over because his permit was on his dash not hanging, at least they were nice and just let him go since he had one. trash trucks were out there.

Hell, on New Years day leaving the Washes, BLM was directing traffic direction at the dumpsters and one even opened the dumpster for me.  Went a lot smoother and quicker than Halloween...

14 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Hell, on New Years day leaving the Washes, BLM was directing traffic direction at the dumpsters and one even opened the dumpster for me.  Went a lot smoother and quicker than Halloween...

at first I thought I was getting asked to pull over not directing me to the open trash bin, I was like my pass is hanging I have a front plate, im sober, what did I do. odd seeing rangers help with trash duty. 

4 minutes ago, JaredDustin said:

at first I thought I was getting asked to pull over not directing me to the open trash bin, I was like my pass is hanging I have a front plate, im sober, what did I do. odd seeing rangers help with trash duty. 

They seemed to be of the more helpful mindset this season so far.  Maybe they heard the complaints?  Contacts don't have to be law enforcement related...

Yep leaving the washes New Years day was easy peasy, they did indeed offer to place your bags in the dumpsters for you, with a smile. If I'm not mistaken, in previous years the MLK weekend was pass free. I always just buy an annual pass and be done with it.  4 trips pays for it and I don't have to worry about getting to the bike shop to buy a pass beforehand.