onanysunday

What is my boat worth?

With the wifes schedule we can't get away during the week anymore and hate going to the lake on the weekend. I bought this years ago from a board member and remember several other people wanted it. Yes it is 32 years old but still in great shape. 1986 Commander 18' runabout with an XR2 150hp Black Max Mercury. It is dusty sitting in my garage and needs cleaned up and then will go up for sale. Curious if anyone has any thoughts on what it is worth. When I was watching boats something like this was always very hard to find.  With a 5 blade high five prop it will yank me straight up out of the water and do 55 mph. 

https://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?/forums/topic/285675-i-always-said-i-would-never-do-it/&do=findComment&comment=4451660

What does the NADA guide say?

We've contemplated selling our boat too, we bought it brand new in 94, spent tens of thousands of dollars on a few engine configurations , rerigged it a few times, had the interior reupholstered a few times etc etc. We haven't had it out of the back yard for several years now but it is covered and under shelter, still shiny and  clean as a whistle, and would likely start right up if it had a battery in it. Needless to say we have the title nowadays and we have a bit of sentimental attachment to it because of all the good times we had a Havasu with it, we will probably just keep it. 

Check on the motor....may be limited to where you can take it now.....

55 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

Check on the motor....may be limited to where you can take it now.....

I think we are still okay with two strokes in Arizona

Id say between $5000 and $6500.

17 minutes ago, Glamisclan said:

Id say between $5000 and $6500.

Thanks, I was thinking of starting at $5750.00.  That is pretty close to what I have in it. Just not many of this type of boat come up.

Can you post a few more picks of the boat?  150 Merc?  

I've had many boats and always had to have something for 25 years but my first one was much like yours - but not as nice.  Sold my last boat a few years back due skin cancer for too many years out in the sun using 20-40wt oil to get the deep dark savage tan!  

The best years and most fun for the money was my first boat - great on gas, decent skier and wasn't constantly worried about damage, scraping the gel coat, etc.  Just dropped it in the water and enjoyed!

This was my last boat and have regrets occasionally...…...

25tremorclosed5.jpg

25 minutes ago, BW Willy said:

Can you post a few more picks of the boat?  150 Merc?  

I've had many boats and always had to have something for 25 years but my first one was much like yours - but not as nice.  Sold my last boat a few years back due skin cancer for too many years out in the sun using 20-40wt oil to get the deep dark savage tan!  

The best years and most fun for the money was my first boat - great on gas, decent skier and wasn't constantly worried about damage, scraping the gel coat, etc.  Just dropped it in the water and enjoyed!

This was my last boat and have regrets occasionally...…...

25tremorclosed5.jpg

Is there a boat in this pic? :sha: Yep, Being 32 years old it has nicks and bumps and you don't worry about it being perfect. Won't be able to get to my photos for a few days. Yes 150 merc xr2 150 black max. Runs really good. Plenty of power even loaded with the high five prop.

20190109_170159.jpg

20190109_140851.jpg

20190108_171318.jpg

Nice view - good for you!!!  

I may be interested too. My offer Would depend in what boat needs to be ready for summer

That is a great little boat, I would list it for $7g and see if there is any interest.  You are not suppose to run 2 strokes on Lake Powell, but they are all over and nobody ever checks.  What kind of shape is the trailer in?

While this isn't the same type of boat, I sold my 1998 Malibu Sunsetter for $13,500 with 2300 hours, Nada was around $9,000.