fortyfour

Anybody ever finish the whole gallon of bowel prep?

Posted (edited)

It was my turn for the upper and lower GI this morning. All I can say is DAMN that stuff is vile, for those who haven't yet had to drink it...it's the equivalent to drinking a gallon of salty aquarium water.  Started yesterday about 5pm and finished a good portion of it about 2am. I got zero sleep and had to check in at the surgery center at 7am. 

I am happy to say all is well in my belly. 

Edited by fortyfour

Miralax and Gatorade soooooooooooooo much better......same result.........found those legos I ate as a kid.....  Good Luck.

nope about a 1/4 of it

They should have an internet challenge for drinking that shit, and yes I have drank the entire disgusting gallon.

I must have had a better flavor, no issues, finished it in 30 minutes and was off the pot and drained within an hour.  It was easy, I felt like I lost 30 pounds...................

Did the entire gallon and I'm a fairly good sized guy. To do it in the alloted time was the challenge though. They gave me the berry flavor to kind of kill the nastiness, they said.

All I can say is it tasted berry berry much like accidentally licking a cats ass.

How do  you know what a cat's ahhh nevermind.

If it’s the same stuff you drink for a colonoscopy.....  I had to do it three times so far.  As far as I recall you get three or four hours to drink it in ( like starting at 6pm to 10pm) I go outside the house, up wind or is it down wind of the ocean breeze and drink it there to where I can’t smell it.   My wife tasted it and said it taste like super salty spooy....lol.

You just chug it down, dont think about it....lol

Only once, yes, the whole jug in one session. 

My son @ 13 had kiddney stones and had to chug a jug of this the evening before surgery to remove a 6mm rock. I know he didn't enjoy it, and it took about 20min for it to do its job.

I believe my instructions were to like start at 6 PM and drink one glass every half hour until about 930 or 10 PM and then it should be all gone .....

Worst experience of my life.........the intent of the prep did not work for hours and I was in labor. My wife and neighbor got a real kick out of it. Wet fart got things going and it was all good after that.

It's good to hear I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy it.  

All I can say is it sounds like Blazing Saddles when you wake up I've had to do it four times I do not like Gatorade now