Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mike dee

California Laws 2019

14 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

You guys forgot the new law with 95dbs as a limit for ALL cars and bikes....new, old, except trucks over 6klbs..

This should get good real fast....$1,000 fine, and a fix it ticket.

I wonder if this applies to motorcycle?

Wonder how many people will get pulled over and ticketed for loud exhaust and the Cop doesn't have a Db Meter  to prove the actual Db's. I am sure they will  find plenty of other added tickets and charges that they can make stick  once they get them to the side of the street though.

45 minutes ago, MWB said:

Wonder how many people will get pulled over and ticketed for loud exhaust and the Cop doesn't have a Db Meter  to prove the actual Db's. I am sure they will  find plenty of other added tickets and charges that they can make stick  once they get them to the side of the street though.

It's a judgement call situation and can be cleared like any other fix-it ticket.  Generally speaking, most cops will write tickets to assholes like 22 year old Rockwood who probably were up to no good. :bigrin 

9 hours ago, mike dee said:

These were county requirements but now state law

8 hours ago, brianmp01 said:

Yea like mike said that was county requirements, which i think most countys require you to shoot, but not all require you to qualify with the guns on your permit. I qualified with my 1911 and its not listed on my permit.

7 hours ago, badgas said:

Correct 

OC required you to shoot, and I have no problem with it. To be honest I don't want one these guys that shoots his buddy at the range because they are clueless with gun walking around in a restaurant or theatre with a loaded gun.  

Were there actually counties that licensed people who didn't shoot their weapon?

3 hours ago, MWB said:

They don't need proof to write the ticket, it is your job to fight it afterwards.............they can write you for anything for the most part.

21 minutes ago, Fireballsocal said:

Were there actually counties that licensed people who didn't shoot their weapon?

Not positive. Some others above stated that there were. I just know in OC you have to pass a live certification. 

53 minutes ago, Cookie said:
3 hours ago, MWB said:

They don't need proof to write the ticket, it is your job to fight it afterwards.............they can write you for anything for the most part.

My understanding is the ticket is a  Mandatory trip to the referee station where they will inspect/test the vehicle as well.

6 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

The main difference now is the automatic $1,000 fine....you will still have to get it fixed and will NOT get the $1,000 back.

Lots of Rice-Rocket Fast and Furious types gonna have to work extra hours at Taco Bell to get their exhaust back to stock....same with the Pocket Rocket GSXer boys.....oh and can't wait to hear the Harley Davidson crowd start crying...

The law has always been there, now they are just going after the pocket book $$

Sorry to offend the "loud pipes save lives" asshats, but 99% of people dont think yore cool that you can set off 10 car alarms in one block and I dont need to hear your air cooled briggs, vibrating like hell exhaust when you are over a mile away from me.  

giphy.gif

Open flow pipes do not create a significant amount of HP to be noticed unless you are running nitro-methane.  

PS- There is nothing more bad-ass than a stock 4 door Toyota with a coffee can exhaust, black spray painted rims and a child car seat in the back seat! that s panty dropper :lmao: 

1 hour ago, Wash 10 Crew said:

Sorry to offend the "loud pipes save lives" asshats, but 99% of people dont think yore cool that you can set off 10 car alarms in one block and I dont need to hear your air cooled briggs, vibrating like hell exhaust when you are over a mile away from me.  

giphy.gif

Open flow pipes do not create a significant amount of HP to be noticed unless you are running nitro-methane.  

PS- There is nothing more bad-ass than a stock 4 door Toyota with a coffee can exhaust, black spray painted rims and a child car seat in the back seat! that s panty dropper :lmao: 

Don't hate me... :lol:

(a) A person may not modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle with a whistle-tip.

(b) A person may not operate a motor vehicle if that vehicle’s exhaust system is modified in violation of subdivision (a).

(c) A person may not engage in the business of installing a whistle-tip onto a motor vehicle’s exhaust system.

(d) For purposes of subdivisions (a) and (c), a “whistle-tip” is a device that is applied to, or is a modification of, a motor vehicle’s exhaust pipe for the sole purpose of creating a high-pitched or shrieking noise when the motor vehicle is operated."

Damn it & I was gonna get me a whistle tip this new year with my tax return money.   

"that's only in the Mornen, We up cooking breakfast you know,  It's like an alarm clock......Whaaa-Whoooooooo"   You cant make this up.  :sha:

Dam that fool can drive! He almost hit two cars showing off dat whitsler tip!!

When I used to live in Huntington Beach I really just ignored all the law differences from Arizona, and instead focused on the beautiful weather and what fun it was to live in one of the best cities in the USA.  All I thought about was riding my bike to the beach, and also riding in Moro Canyon near Laguna Beach almost every weekend.  If one of you guys is an IT Manager in SoCal, I'd really like to come back and work hard at your company!!

23 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

All female companies aren’t required to have a male on their BOD, odd.

isnt it odd that the same group of people that keeps trying to convince us that there is no difference between men and women, sure seem to really hate men.

9 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

When I used to live in Huntington Beach I really just ignored all the law differences from Arizona, and instead focused on the beautiful weather and what fun it was to live in one of the best cities in the USA.  All I thought about was riding my bike to the beach, and also riding in Moro Canyon near Laguna Beach almost every weekend.  If one of you guys is an IT Manager in SoCal, I'd really like to come back and work hard at your company!!

There was a time in my life when I took the regularity of dropping a deuce for granted, when having a massive hangover didn't stop me from accomplishing the mission...when the California legislature continually knocks on your door to fund the poor life choices of others, when people that know more than you demand you turn over your bike to a deserving comrade the weather is the last thing you'll be thinking about.

50 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

There was a time in my life when I took the regularity of dropping a deuce for granted, when having a massive hangover didn't stop me from accomplishing the mission...when the California legislature continually knocks on your door to fund the poor life choices of others, when people that know more than you demand you turn over your bike to a deserving comrade the weather is the last thing you'll be thinking about.

Not to mention most of your weather enjoyment will be done from your car while sitting on the freeway. 

15 hours ago, Wash 10 Crew said:

giphy.gif

The non-merged open headers most of the Harley guys run actually lose power AND torque.  

And LOL at that South Park episode:

12 hours ago, stetler said:

(a) A person may not modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle with a whistle-tip.

(b) A person may not operate a motor vehicle if that vehicle’s exhaust system is modified in violation of subdivision (a).

(c) A person may not engage in the business of installing a whistle-tip onto a motor vehicle’s exhaust system.

(d) For purposes of subdivisions (a) and (c), a “whistle-tip” is a device that is applied to, or is a modification of, a motor vehicle’s exhaust pipe for the sole purpose of creating a high-pitched or shrieking noise when the motor vehicle is operated."

Damn it & I was gonna get me a whistle tip this new year with my tax return money.   

"that's only in the Mornen, We up cooking breakfast you know,  It's like an alarm clock......Whaaa-Whoooooooo"   You cant make this up.  :sha:

Wish I could give this more than 1 like.  Classic video right there.  Da whistle tips go WOOOH WOOOH!  Wonder where old Bubb Rubb is these days...

10 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Got a resume? :bigrin 

53 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

50 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Spot on! :funny:

They also think it's cool to dress like a pirate, ride slower then an old lady driving a Buick, and talk about facial hair care products. :lol:

It's so bad I avoid riding on the weekends. You're guaranteed to get stuck behind some guy going 5 MPH using his feet to keep from falling over while he jerks off his throttle. 

3 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

I know what you and most guys are saying in this topic.  Laws make a difference.  My post was due to me drinking last night and thinking about the good times in Huntington Beach.

But trust me, I wouldn't want Kamala Harris knocking on my door 😝

sounds of the new Harley

14 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Spot on! :funny:

They also think it's cool to dress like a pirate, ride slower then an old lady driving a Buick, and talk about facial hair care products. :lol:

It's so bad I avoid riding on the weekends. You're guaranteed to get stuck behind some guy going 5 MPH using his feet to keep from falling over while he jerks off his throttle. 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, FAMILY OF 4 said:

Who needs straws? I’m old school I still roll a up a dollar bill. 

X2

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, MWB said:

Police don't need a db meter. They cite for "modified exhaust." In order to get the ticket signed off, you have to go to a state  certified muffler shop where THEY take a reading. It's against the law to modify the exhaust system to make it louder than stock.

8 hours ago, mrknnee said:

Police don't need a db meter. They cite for "modified exhaust." In order to get the ticket signed off, you have to go to a state  certified muffler shop where THEY take a reading. It's against the law to modify the exhaust system to make it louder than stock.

wonderful, wonder if they will be pulling over out of state cars and trucks as well.  I know for a while they were pulling over Az residents for window tint.

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.