jeeperdino

dakar race

hope everyone that cares is watching this.

the sand dunes in peru look awesome!

nbcsports has it.

sorry for the crappy picts,

007.JPG

008.JPG

No time for TV during the sand season while I'm prepping and transporting cars so my only outlet is via Instagram. I follow @fishgistiscs for daily updates. Sucks to hear Robby Gordon is having issues but stoked to read that Ricky Brabec won stage 4 today. First time an American has won a stage since Kurt Caselli (RIP) did it in 2013.

Love this race. Robby has been struggling with this race for a couple years now. Peace

I wonder why  no one is racing a Polaris in the sxs class.

3 minutes ago, jeeperdino said:

I wonder why  no one is racing a Polaris in the sxs class.

There are a few in the SXS class.  The have won the class before in Daka.  Just a lot more X3s this year than any other brand.   Can Am has a huge following worldwide.    

Love watching Dakar.   We have some Americans kicking ass in the Motorcycle class.  Ricky was 1st overall going into today's stage.  Short has been in the top 10 in every stage.   

Robby decided this year to enter his Speedcat/Wildcat XX in the car class.  They hit him with a speed restriction which messed him up in stage 2.  He was limited to 80mph while the other cars were passing him doing 100+mph.    He killed a rear diff that set him way back in stage 3.     His teammate Blade was doing well for his first Dakar.    If they can finish the race it will be a big accomplishment. 

In the SXS class Cassie Currie is doing pretty well for his 1st Dakar. 

I've watched this race every year as far back as I can remember and I do not remember ever hearing about a "Speed Limit Restriction"  ever it's a "RACE" right !!

It's strange that RGR has had these strange issues present & passed with DAKAR where no one else does.  

Too add I really don't care for the NBC Sports coverage, there seems to be way too much of flashbacks/rehash/recap or whatever you want to call it, I just want to see more racing dammit. 😎

11 minutes ago, GROPER said:

I've watched this race every year as far back as I can remember and I do not remember ever hearing about a "Speed Limit Restriction"  ever it's a "RACE" right !!

It's strange that RGR has had these strange issues present & passed with DAKAR where no one else does.  

Too add I really don't care for the NBC Sports coverage, there seems to be way too much of flashbacks/rehash/recap or whatever you want to call it, I just want to see more racing dammit. 😎

NBC coverage sucks.  I miss the English commentator from back in the day.   The story is back in October when Robby made the agreement to race there was no speed limit on his cars.  Then after he already had everything packed and on its way to Peru they decided to put a speed restriction on the UTVs in the car class.  This happen on Christmas eve.   

I am not sure his Speedcats would be able to maintain a constant speed of over 80mph without having the belts go boom.   Rumor is he has the Speedcats set up to do 115mph.  These cars may end up being the future turbo Wildcat XX, minus the 72" wide suspension.  

This race was a 10 day testing session for RG and Textron and also a nice 10 days of international exposure for the Textron Wildcat XX. 

The Americans kicked ass on the bikes today.  Ricky has the overall lead.   

This weekend at the Parker 250 - Max Gordon and a few others will be racing the Widlcat XXs.

They don't race the Polaris in the Dakar because they are limited to fires only in the approved pits..........

Fantastic!, thanks for the videos,  no stupid music or interludes about some stupid drivers grandmother!, love to hear the motors scream and the dudes in the background yelling ....  thanks bip!

You gotta be a MAN to race Dakar! Peace

On 1/11/2019 at 1:53 PM, realbadlarry said:

They don't race the Polaris in the Dakar because they are limited to fires only in the approved pits..........

Plus they can't compete with Can-Am. The Can-Am's kicked butt. DON~~~

Plus they can't compete with Can-Am. The Can-Am's kicked butt. DON~~~

I would say they seem to be a better race platform overall than the Polaris sleds.....time will tell on the wildcats...

4 minutes ago, cek said:

since there were 23 can-am’s and only 5 or 6 others in the UTV class I would hope they did well. 

They did more than well, they swept the field. DON~~~