Sign in to follow this  
DTM Industries

S4 big block sand car - (Maybe) good deal ? ?

I Don’t know the owner of this car but found it in the race dezert classifieds , older extreme pro looking chassis design but a good price for someone trying to get away from 2D class v8s prices 

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/FOR_SALE:572-s4-sand-rail-148743

72394869-9579-43C0-BC92-3CF96982B38C.png

F7B39C9E-28ED-40DB-9423-22B8907D6FD4.png

Edited by DTM Industries

That’s been for sale before, doesn’t look like an extreme to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Elwood45 said:

That’s been for sale before, doesn’t look like an extreme to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nope. Upper cage doesnt look like extreme

Edited by sausage450r

I saw that car, always scares me when I see something priced “cheap” like that, makes me wonder why it’s so cheap! 

Ok Found the Craigslist add yes I see I what going on now , old one off looking chassis - really long wheel base , carburetored , definitely questionable on last rebuild on S4 

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/snw/d/azusa-572-s4-sand-rail/6791169426.html

Edited by DTM Industries

The owner has actually came into my shop and asked if i knew anyone intersted- kind of a weird guy but still nice but yeah thats way cheap i would def go over it with a fine tooth comb.

We called the Guy couple days ago, and was going to get the car until we looked at it,

think it would be a good car for someone that wants a home built car,  it is not a extreme car, we called them out on that,

I would pull the big block sell it to a street car guy and put a LS in it, and fix the shock supports on the lower arms, not a bad car for the price just resale will be hard do to the chassis,

6 minutes ago, J Alper said:

We called the Guy couple days ago, and was going to get the car until we looked at it,

think it would be a good car for someone that wants a home built car,  it is not a extreme car, we called them out on that,

I would pull the big block sell it to a street car guy and put a LS in it, and fix the shock supports on the lower arms, not a bad car for the price just resale will be hard do to the chassis,

Yeah definitely looks like a good home project for someone with fab skills and time , yes definitely covert to LS power  

Edited by DTM Industries

the lower arms will need to be fixed on the shock mounts, like extreme, so cut out the tubing and flat plate it,

will need more gussets under the rear cage to torsion tube mount,

and I would cut out the rear shock towers and roof to update the car, or at least the rear of the roof where it overhangs

and the big block like to drop valves so I would do a different motor, and sell the BBC

and update the front spindles

Translation - you’ll be into it for $40-$45k and still have a $30k car that is hard to sell.

Good deal for someone that wants a crate 572 for their street car....... 

6 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

Good deal for someone that wants a crate 572 for their street car....... 

If its really a 572bb.  Misrepresent frame, may do same with motor

BTW the torque of a 572 gotta be hard on a S4S.........

it has to be a 572 the Valve covers say so,  LOL :shakie:

Numbers on the block conforms its a 572, runs and shifts fine. Needs a little TLC and a few fellers that aren't afraid to pick up a cutting wheel and a tig. On its way to it's new home! 

26 minutes ago, Moleslie said:

Numbers on the block conforms its a 572, runs and shifts fine. Needs a little TLC and a few fellers that aren't afraid to pick up a cutting wheel and a tig. On its way to it's new home! 

Congrats, on the new car, see you and Scott in a couple of weeks