Having recently returned from a extended stay at Glamis I have some thoughts going through my mind. Now I don't want to start a battle, but to say there isn't already one going on would be very naïve.   I have said on numerous occasions that the situation at Glamis is the only one that I'm aware of where park rangers, usually known to be host and helpful, our adversaries of  the guests.  Now that in itself could be a topic that could go on for months or years. Not looking to go there. Where I would like to go is specific. I will admit I have not done any research. Here's the situation.

During my recent  Adventure I came across a group that I recognized from past years. These individuals drive quite a ways to enjoy all that glamis has to offer and it is obvious that they are financially backing up their hobby pretty heavily.   Because of a geographic limitations these people do not get to spend just weekends in the desert like most of us do. You see they drive for about two days or more to get there. 

Now over the years I have had all sorts of combinations to try and accommodate the hauling of my toys safely, and provide housing during my stay. I'm sure most of you know what I'm saying,  The size of my RV has grown over the years to accommodate numerous members of the family, as well as a warm bed and hot shower.   I know that in the past couple of years limitations that trailers had on them just a decade ago have been removed when the  three American truck manufacturers started jacking their gross carrying weight abilities to meet the needs of a whole new era of toy hollers that  are now on the market. I know the limitation used to be 40 feet and I'm now seeing the 42, 43, 45, and well, you get the idea. 

So here is where the rubber meets the road. After I saw that these happy campers were paid a visit by the local Leo, I was curious as to what was the topic of the extended discussion that they had .  It was shared with me that the conversation was regarding the length of the truck. Now the truck is what is referred to as a class 8 or a heavy duty truck, a Kenworth with a studio sleeper. Now I did not have a tape measure out but for those of you who are familiar with what I'm describing I think you will agree that sizing the trailer up behind that truck is a hard thing to do. My guess would be is the trailer was an older 40 foot moving van.    Yes the rig in question here  what's likely to be pushing the 65 foot overall limit.  But it sounded as though the discussion was more along the lines of the Leo not wanting to see a vehicle that had been converted  and was appropriately registered as a motorhome with RV tags on the license. 

OK, now that we pointed out what this is about I do believe that I have seen where there are weekend warrior  and other custom built trailers that exceed the standard 40 foot  limit.  Funny I have never seen or heard of a Leo giving the owner of one of these rigs crap about his size and being parked on (next to) the road !  I had to throw my personal two cents in and say that I would a lot rather see somebody pulling a 24,000 pound trailer  with a converted semi truck that is equipped to do that, and at least has a more favorable weight ratio to the trailer .  What is up with the Leo's, did this guys wife ran off with a truck driver?   Or is he just that ignorant and does not understand the physics of towing safety ???

Ok,  I have pronounced my current pet peeve. Once again a trip to Glamis leaves  me coming home wondering what type of shit that Leo's are going to pull next!  For those of you who like to have an ending to the story, as well as I would like to get all the facts out there so you can form your opinion.  I was told that there was no citation issued. Something about the government being closed so therefore he couldn't write tickets? I kind of pondered that a bit and wondered if he wasn't receiving a paycheck was he out Writing tickets for his own personal  gratification?  A warning, and threat, verbal, was issued and of course  The Leo emphasized that the vehicles information had been taken and tracked there for next time they would just tow it!

wowzers, I almost cant follow you.  In short, you are saying that the BLM is not happy with over the road trucks converted to Rv's and that they cant write tickets because the .gov is on vacation.  And the BLM should be a host not a pest. 

did I win the decipher contest?

Cliff notes please.

Describing them using a Bullshit reason to come in and talk to someone. Which of course has to be radioed into dispatch, which now counts as a contact, which is then used to justify existing budget and increases in future budgets??

What do I win?

I took that the rangers were questioning out of state converted semi’s as potentially not really being rv's and possibly being over length as rv’s vs.  commercial rigs

To answer the Op’s question as to whats up with the blm’s attitude. Its little man syndrome. They want to be cops but depts dont want them so they are cactus police and are frustrated which is why they all act like officer farva. They’re the 4’ tall guy picking fights

Edited by sausage450r

Same thing happen to one of Robbie Gordons rigs when it was coming in a few Thanksgivings ago. They pulled him over and made him leave. And i do believe they gave him a ticket. not sure of the actual violation but at the time sounded like B.S. But even if they are wrong they can still do what ever they want and tell you to take it up in court weeks or months later. 

Sounds like a story I read on here a while back or heard around the campfire. Commercial trucks(I guess semi trucks) are not supposed to be more than 500ft from the main highway. The LEO's told a guy to leave because he was more than 500ft from the highway(was on Gecko somewhere) so he moved it to cement flats and the LEO's saw it parked over there and were pi$$ed. lol Truck was now legal.

Sure sounds like a CHP job, not a ranger or a local LEO.  Next thing we know they are going to come in a check my brakes on my Moho in camp????

Seems the Commercial Tractor Trailer was the issue and not the Semi Truck Rig, we see those all the time. It is the Tractor Trailer that has stringent laws on where they can be parked, how long they can be on public streets, etc.

There is NOTHING specific in the ISDRA rules and regs about this, so I agree with @Cookie   that this would be a CHP DOT issue, not BLM/LEO.

1 hour ago, L.R.S. said:

Cliff notes please.

Is he related to TJ ??

24 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Sure sounds like a CHP job, not a ranger or a local LEO.  Next thing we know they are going to come in a check my brakes on my Moho in camp????

Yes ^^^^ we had similar situation happen years back while dove hunting in Mecca out in the hills when a Game Warden came by to count birds as he's checking licences and guns he throws out " this Bus is illegally registered"  What ? aren't you supposed to worry about hunters & game ? the bus in question was formerly a Greyhound  bus, we told him it's an RV with a shower, shitter, kitchen etc.  he said "I should have this impounded" we told him he's out of he jurisdiction and to call CHP he then backed off and continued to eff* with us regarding licencing. 

So back to the topic 😏 what about the 45' horse trailers with living quarters or Race teams with 53' trailers with sleeping areas ?

And megadesertdiesel wins a free Beer and (2) TACOS :cheers:

1 hour ago, AlpineFunco said:

Describing them using a Bullshit reason to come in and talk to someone. Which of course has to be radioed into dispatch, which now counts as a contact, which is then used to justify existing budget and increases in future budgets??

What do I win?

This is spot on, budget justification.

1 hour ago, sausage450r said:

I took that the rangers were questioning out of state converted semi’s as potentially not really being rv's and possibly being over length as rv’s vs.  commercial rigs

To answer the Op’s question as to whats up with the blm’s attitude. Its little man syndrome. They want to be cops but depts dont want them so they are cactus police and are frustrated which is why they all act like officer farva. They’re the 4’ tall guy picking fights

This is extreamly accurate. The other problem is the lack of training. These guys lack the most basic of knowlage in doing the job. They don't even understand basic rules of arrest. They lie in court and to your face. These assclowns (please don't call them LEO's) can't even get hired by a real agency let alone make it though an academy where they would fall out. 

Now if you want to see shit go total sideways, let them find out you are a real cop. Then they will try and hang a DUI on you for sitting in camp with a beer, or they will just make up shit and cite you for it. It's not just me that has been through this with these useless POS.

One day one of these assclowns is going to pull thier shit with the wrong guy and end up dead. I hope I get to watch that happen but I won't be able to remember what I saw. F the BLM!

15 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

This is spot on, budget justification.

This is extreamly accurate. The other problem is the lack of training. These guys lack the most basic of knowlage in doing the job. They don't even understand basic rules of arrest. They lie in court and to your face. These assclowns (please don't call them LEO's) can't even get hired by a real agency let alone make it though an academy where they would fall out. 

Now if you want to see shit go total sideways, let them find out you are a real cop. Then they will try and hang a DUI on you for sitting in camp with a beer, or they will just make up shit and cite you for it. It's not just me that has been through this with these useless POS.

One day one of these assclowns is going to pull thier shit with the wrong guy and end up dead. I hope I get to watch that happen but I won't be able to remember what I saw. F the BLM!

A Tad Extreme  :js:

I would simply like if they spent more time addressing the known issues vs searching for potential ones...but that is where it gets tricky/difficult.

11 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

A Tad Extreme  :js:

I would simply like if they spent more time addressing the known issues vs searching for potential ones...but that is where it gets tricky/difficult.

They are the ones that have created the us vs them hostility out there. They are the ones illegally playing policeman. They are the ones that lie and F with peoples lives. So no I don't think it's extrem. In fact I'm thinking of renting a booth across from them at the SSSS where I will hang banners that say F___ the BLM and Death To The BLM, End The Tyranny!

If I had the money I would hire a top notch law firm to defend every person cited by them. I would bury them in lawsuits. I would sue the assclowns and there department for every little thing that could be imagined. 

The entire agency needs to be abolished.

There is not a city in this country that would put up with the bullshit we do out in Glamis. People would be storming city hall.

Geeez that was a difficult read. Homie was all over the place. It’s easier reading and understanding 42 page job contracts or insurance forms. 

But seriously, every time I see the rangers I get nervous and i feel like a black guy walking in a white neighborhood getting messed with by the cops.  They always look for something to harass us and our respectful camp.  

And I’m pretty sure I don’t want to see any of these guys get killed, that’s an over reaction. You psycho! 😂. But one day I bet they WILL get their ass sued after harassing the wrong camp. That would be nice. 

Theres always the few cool rangers. Some take their responsibility seriously and do a great job. But the other 70% are D’s.   Their wives slap them around and they have to take their anger out on us. 

Never knew that there was a standard 40’ limit? 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:37 AM, CRUSTY said:

Seems the Commercial Tractor Trailer was the issue and not the Semi Truck Rig, we see those all the time. It is the Tractor Trailer that has stringent laws on where they can be parked, how long they can be on public streets, etc.

There is NOTHING specific in the ISDRA rules and regs about this, so I agree with @Cookie   that this would be a CHP DOT issue, not BLM/LEO.

so that's why it says not for hire on some rigs?

I don’t make as many trips (4-5) a year that I would like but I have never once been stopped, harassed, spoken to or even looked at weird by LEOs. I see all these horror stories and sandpyscho’s complete disdain and it confuses me a little. 

I did attempt to call them once over an obnoxious neighbor playing really loud music but couldn’t find a 24 hour number so I gave up. Does that mean I can hate them too? I wanna be cool like everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

I don’t make as many trips (4-5) a year that I would like but I have never once been stopped, harassed, spoken to or even looked at weird by LEOs. I see all these horror stories and sandpyscho’s complete disdain and it confuses me a little. 

I did attempt to call them once over an obnoxious neighbor playing really loud music but couldn’t find a 24 hour number so I gave up. Does that mean I can hate them too? I wanna be cool like everyone else. 

I have been F'ed with and cited by these assclowns numerous times. They have F'ed with and cited others I camp with. All cites where dismissed by the court or a not guilty was the judgement.

I am currently waiting for my trail date for saving space because I would get in my vehicle and move it, so a guy and his woman that called me an ahole 6 or 7 times could get closer to us. I also think they would have arrested me for DUI once I did move it. I didn't so they wrote me for a made up lie. They are pieces of shit hiding behind a badge. 

So yeah I have my reasons for hating them. I have never met a cool one they are all dickbags!

1 hour ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

Just make something up.  I’ve never actually seen a ranger out there.