HairyJR

Need local Freightliner RV chassis repair shop, Oceanside

Purchased a used 34' Fleetwood DP with Freightliner chassis. Although I have some mechanical skills the repair that's needed is the left front wheel hub seal has failed and completely oiled down the drum and brake shoes. Need a local north county shop to perform repair and possible future maintenance services.

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00599.JPG

Pretty easy job, any commercial truck mechanic could knock that out quickly. I could refer you to a few you if you were a bit further north.  Go into the local Napa and ask the guys at the counter for a referral. 

It a little far from Oceanside but there are people that drive halfway across the country to have Colton Truck Terminal Garage service their motorhomes. They have a 4.8 outta 5 review on Google and a few other sites like Yelp. I was very happy with the work they did.  

These things are just to big and heavy for the home mechanic. For the cost of the tools needed and my bad back, I'll take it in if a wheel with 10 lug nuts torqued to 400 lbs needs to come off. 

Alignment Express. These guys are the best. It’s a few miles from Oceanside, it’s down by the stadium on friars rd. They do all my Peterbilt truck work. I’m sure they will do your motorhome wheel seal. Seriously, you’re not going to find anyone better. 

8DA0BFE0-3643-4E0B-B7C3-9F8577D44FBD.png

37 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

It a little far from Oceanside but there are people that drive halfway across the country to have Colton Truck Terminal Garage service their motorhomes. They have a 4.8 outta 5 review on Google and a few other sites like Yelp. I was very happy with the work they did.  

These things are just to big and heavy for the home mechanic. For the cost of the tools needed and my bad back, I'll take it in if a wheel with 10 lug nuts torqued to 400 lbs needs to come off. 

My inlaws come of from Redondo Beach to use their service department. Always been good ratings from them

22 hours ago, GlamisGreengo said:

Even though Tom is no longer with us this place will do you right.

Oceanside Truck Service

These guys are good, have motorhomes sitting out front every time I pass by headed to fenceworks for pipe...

On 1/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, SANDPSYCHO said:

Thanks, the IE area had been my old stomping grounds for 35 years, too far to drive taking a chance at additional possible damage. Purchased RV in Highland last week if I had noticed the seal leakage that shop was on the way home.

As for the others who posted, thanks always need options. Learning all the new bells and whistles more modern DP RV.

"HJ"     :ex:     :cheers: