Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grease Monkey

Need some ideas and options. Factory training at my shop.

Thanks for any help.

I have offered up my location for Factory Volvo engine training. This is saving us huge $$$ by not sending guys back east plus hotel and expenses. This will also be open to other dealers nation wide, but primarily west coast access for the other shops.

My needs currently are to provide a closed off area. I am thinking of partitions 8 ft high that span 20+ feet. Its in a warehouse so I need to keep walk in customers out, staff separated but still provide an entry and exit. It will be a class room setting but everyone is a mechanic so not needing a SEMA show appeal.

I need temp walls basically.

Not sure who to call or what to look for. I have 3 weeks to figure this out. They are providing tables, chairs and all the classroom items. Projector, engines, computers etc.

Roughly 15-20 people per class per day.

3 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

Good option.

What about contacting A-Throne or a fence company and getting temporary fence panels.   They’re 8’tall X 20’ Long and you can get them with a green canvas on them.  

We don’t have anything that’s worth using.  Or I could get some delivered. 

Thinking office partitions. Rental. Or like I'm sorry posted.  Drapery might work.

I was thinking a big carport like RV size with zippered ends, then u could use it afterwards or sell easily. Tek supply is who we buy our clear span buildings and carports from

At this moment I can not offer any new ideas but I want to congratulate you on the  confidence that they had in you to do this.  Congratulations! 

Depending on your outside yard look into portable classrooms.  They come in many sizes.  

5 minutes ago, mike dee said:

Depending on your outside yard look into portable classrooms.  They come in many sizes.  

Looked at those this afternoon. Need to find some local companies

build a temporary wall from  soild pvc fence might work

1 hour ago, RK Racing said:

At this moment I can not offer any new ideas but I want to congratulate you on the  confidence that they had in you to do this.  Congratulations! 

x2, portable partitions should work if you use the storage area for classes.

how much retail walk in do you actually get?

14 minutes ago, jeeperdino said:

x2, portable partitions should work if you use the storage area for classes.

how much retail walk in do you actually get?

Becoming an all day deal. Shipyards, captains, owners etc. 

No complaints.😊

Not sure how long temporary is, but if it’s more long term have someone build the walls out of 2x4 and drywall.  The could be built so they are freestanding, don’t need to be anchored to the floor, and be moved around and/or stored if necessary.

If you’re looking to rent something for a short period, I know someone that does trade shows.  If they can’t help they may be able to point you to someone who can.  PM me if you want to discuss more and I’ll call you tomorrow.

Can you rent partitions at a place that would rent all the goods for a party of some sort ? That normally rents chairs tables etc?

I have seen stuff like this used at Target stores during remodels. It's a combo of plastic and cardboard over 1-1/2" metal studs.  To have it installed is expensive but to do it yourself is not that bad.

https://starcsystems.com/commercial/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_qmhl8v33wIVYxh9Ch1jIwioEAAYASAAEgJqwPD_BwE

Ask DB, he is big in the trade show biz. Temp classrooms would give your best privacy for the class. 

What's the budget? Is Volvo putting in any cash for assistance with this, or are you covering the whole thing?

Liking the temp classroom idea but may be over thinking it all. 

I am supplying the space. With this we get a few seats for my guys. 

No real budget. Just want some privacy for shop and class. 

16 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Thanks for any help.

I have offered up my location for Factory Volvo engine training. This is saving us huge $$$ by not sending guys back east plus hotel and expenses. This will also be open to other dealers nation wide, but primarily west coast access for the other shops.

My needs currently are to provide a closed off area. I am thinking of partitions 8 ft high that span 20+ feet. Its in a warehouse so I need to keep walk in customers out, staff separated but still provide an entry and exit. It will be a class room setting but everyone is a mechanic so not needing a SEMA show appeal.

I need temp walls basically.

Not sure who to call or what to look for. I have 3 weeks to figure this out. They are providing tables, chairs and all the classroom items. Projector, engines, computers etc.

Roughly 15-20 people per class per day.

go on craigslist and look at office supplies, usually there are office walls being sold or find a used office supply company, I did my whole Tucson office for about $2K when new was $15K+

Have we talked about noise level or is that even a factor?

2 minutes ago, Rucker said:

Have we talked about noise level or is that even a factor?

Noise is a concern. We will mitigate the shop noise best we can. Turn down phone ringers, air tool use will be limited to yard area. 

Working with 5000 sq ft warehouse setting and planning 800 for the class.

I have a waterjet machine that makes an awful mess. We need to block off the machine from the rest of the shop.  We bought large tarps from harbor freight and hung them and bought a couple of welding partitions for cheap. They have worked for the last couple years.  

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.