Sign in to follow this  
NotStock

Tips On A New Tatum Build

For those that have had Tatum build a car for them, any tips? I'm looking to have a TRX-4 or a PreRunner built (not sure which yet). Curious if there are any options or things you would do or not do or anything I should supply, do myself, or outsource. Thanks for any tips!! Super pumped to have exactly what I want built!

Be patient. 

I hope to be in this position one day... and the one option I would not skip would be the albins.

First of all...Congrats!

Second of all....

CONGRATS!!

:lmao:

:bow:

36 minutes ago, EMPIRE231 said:

I hope to be in this position one day... and the one option I would not skip would be the albins.

The S4D is so comparable and tested now at 1/2 the price I would go with that, assuming money means something to the build

Congrats - 

For me it was the paint scheme.. not many options unless you want to really spend - but you have to live with it and if it looks like every other Tatum out there, well ....

Oh and definitely if you can afford it go Albins.  The Weddle's  (Mendi's) work well, but Albins is in another category

Edited by fullthrottleguy

Definitely going to go Albins and carbon fiber body.  I had one person mention their wiring work wasnt the best and recommended I have someone else wire it?  Any one else have similar thoughts?

My biggest piece of advice would be to go in knowing it’s going to take a year to build and cost 200k. You may get roped in at 160 and 6 months but it doesn’t work that way.  Going in with that mindset of 200k/1yr is the way to go. Because then they may get it done cheaper and quicker so you’ll be happily surprised and life is good. But if you Go in thinking 160k/6months and then go over budget and miss out on planned dune trips you’ll get frustrated and it takes the fun out of the build. not worth it.  Also, depending on your motor package and car options you can go well over the 200k marker, but you get the point 

And if you don’t pull the trigger soon you won’t have a car till 2021. They’re build list is only getting longer :cheers: 

There's always the Racer option. 😜

TATUM TRX2 
Selling for a friend...skip the line
Just built 2019 Tatum 
He Took delivery 11/20/2018! 
Twin Turbo Redline with best of the best 
Albins AGB Sequential 
Motec Computer 
Big 12” Motec dash 
Tatum Billet Wheels 
Paint by CR Designs 
20 gallon fuel cell 
Carbon fiber body 
Fox 3.0/3.5 bypass shocks 
Custom 8 into 1 Stainless exhaust 
Tatum built in side mirrors 
Rigid LED lights 
All chrome and polished motor 
Car to car 
Race radio 
GPS 
Jet Trim interior 
In the Sandcar world, this is the best of the best. There is not a faster, better handling, or more comfortable Sandrail out there for sale in the U.S. If you want sheer beauty and raw horsepower -this car is for you. It will do wheel stands at 150mph! Tatum has 40 cars on order so if you want to skip the line and not wait deep into next season for a new car, this is for you. Selling for a friend as he is building a brand new Tatum four seater and will offer this car for sale through March only, and will then keep it for next season and this ad will be removed. He will consider an immaculate LS Name Brand Sandrail only, as trade. Send pics to avidgolfer44@gmail.comwith description. Thanks! 
***Walkaround Video*** 

I have a brand new trx with all the bugs worked out no wait $185k give me a call if interested Saving  a lot of time. (619)654-7441

7 hours ago, Tatum&Honda4thewin said:

My biggest piece of advice would be to go in knowing it’s going to take a year to build and cost 200k. You may get roped in at 160 and 6 months but it doesn’t work that way.  Going in with that mindset of 200k/1yr is the way to go. Because then they may get it done cheaper and quicker so you’ll be happily surprised and life is good. But if you Go in thinking 160k/6months and then go over budget and miss out on planned dune trips you’ll get frustrated and it takes the fun out of the build. not worth it.  Also, depending on your motor package and car options you can go well over the 200k marker, but you get the point 

And if you don’t pull the trigger soon you won’t have a car till 2021. They’re build list is only getting longer :cheers: 

Thank you for the advice!!

Beautiful car DWB! But its gotta be a 4 seater. A lot of the reason I'm wanting to build a car is specific features I want to include that I've done to my current car and havent seen on others. I also have a really nice motor that I'd like to use since I'll never get what it's worth back out of it.  

26 minutes ago, tintman said:

I have a brand new trx with all the bugs worked out no wait $185k give me a call if interested Saving  a lot of time. (619)654-7441

Why are you selling so soon?

16 hours ago, 2011BFD said:

The S4D is so comparable and tested now at 1/2 the price I would go with that, assuming money means something to the build

There is no comparison between the S4D and an Albins. Yes an S4D is a great trans for the money but it's in a totally different league than an Albins. For one the Albins 5 speed is stronger than a 4 speed S4D. Maybe not by much but it's a 5 speed. An S5D doesn't even compare in strength. Once you drive a car with an Albins you'll know immediately. The S4D is a great budget big HP tranny but the Albins for sure if money doesn't matter. You get a stronger tranny with an additional gear.

Edited by Hondo

Surprised that Tatum has 40 cars on order.  Sheesh...…..

Beautiful car Tintman! If something changes, I'll certainly keep you in mind!

1 hour ago, NotStock said:

Why are you selling so soon?

The owner of that car just received his new racer car and has no need for this one is my guess 

For that much money I would be thinking Funco.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:01 AM, fortyfour said:

There's always the Racer option. 😜

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On 1/22/2019 at 7:28 AM, 1newbie said:

Surprised that Tatum has 40 cars on order.  Sheesh...…..

8 mil backlogged on the books huh 🤔

Just imagine the backlog if the forum group ever hit the Mega Millions for a cool 1 Billion...

Welp, I pulled the trigger earlier today and left a deposit with Tatum to build me my dream car!  Now the hard part, trying to wait. Lol

Congrats :cheers: 

Congrats - What did you decide on?

Curious for those of you who have ordered a new car from a major builder.  What is the policy for deposit, progress payments, etc?  When they deliver the car, is it 100% sorted out, or you pick it up and deal with the tiny problems?