NotStock

Tips On A New Tatum Build

Love my Tatum but it's a far cry from a TX4. Those cars are a work of art. Congrats on pulling the trigger! Make sure you share any progress pics.

2 hours ago, matt86m said:

Congrats - What did you decide on?

Decided on a TRX-4 with a full carbon fiber body and a few functional and unique upgrades that I think will make this car handle like none other. 

Edited by NotStock

sweet... you should do an updated build thread once progress starts.

Just a little update. I left a deposit 2/9/2019 with a quoted build time of approx 9 months. This was my car a little over a week ago.  Beyond bummed it wont see the sand this season.  

87726.jpeg

Edited by NotStock

On 1/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, cek said:

Be patient. 

43 minutes ago, NotStock said:

Just a little update. I left a deposit 2/9/2019 with an estimated build time of 9 months. This was my car a little over a week ago.  Beyond bummed it wont see the sand this season.  

87726.jpeg

I told you.  You will be happy tho. It’s going to be a beautiful car. 

Edited by cek

So are there any builders who hit the mark when it comes to meeting deadlines they set? Especially when dealing with high dollar builds?

I would love to by a trx4 roller and build it myself. 

Either that or a Gen 6 will be my next car.. well gotta finish this current build 1st.. lol.🤑🤑🤑

Edited by BRINGENKAOS

I still have faith they will do right by the build, finish it properly and take care of me. It's just a disappointment that it wont make this season.  

That’s a bummer.... but sounds common. 

1 hour ago, Sellout Industries said:

So are there any builders who hit the mark when it comes to meeting deadlines they set? Especially when dealing with high dollar builds?

Alumicraft

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, 2011BFD said:

The S4D is so comparable and tested now at 1/2 the price I would go with that, assuming money means something to the build

the S5D and the Albins are pretty close in strength the S4D I feel is a stronger gear stack for the car, but you will save $12K on the Trans but I feel it will hurt the Value of the car over the long run, so I feel the Albins make it a top quality build,

if you are really after a budget TRX build then a S4 would be a choice, if you ever want to retain top value for the car I think a Albins Sequential is the best choice  

9 hours ago, Sellout Industries said:

From what I have witnessed, Alex, Hondo.

11 hours ago, Sellout Industries said:

Funco. 

It seems there are some other guys that get to cut in front of the line and get their cars in less than a year????

26 minutes ago, dbart said:

It seems there are some other guys that get to cut in front of the line and get their cars in less than a year????

He with the deepest pockets wins.  :)

If he was worried about it, a penalty clause for not completing on schedule could of been added to contract.

Am I the only one who thinks that they are already 2 months late on their 'completion time' and that car still needs months of work?

No, I'm sure that you are not the only one.  Keep in mind, we don't know the terms that were discussed about scheduling, and as long as the OP is OK with it, than it really is not any one else's concern.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, dbart said:

I've had 6 in the last 5 years you always have to have a deposit down ...no one cuts 

It will be worth it when finished....

My tip would be to have somebody do some proper wiring. My Tatum prerunner looked like it was wired by my 3 year old son. The car I had was built 5 or 6 years ago. It’s probably better now. 

Edited by Blue-Jay

1 hour ago, Blue-Jay said:

My tip would be to have somebody do some proper wiring. My Tatum prerunner looked like it was wired by my 3 year old son. The car I had was built 5 or 6 years ago. It’s probably better now. 

If you go PDM you get no relays and the engine builder supplies the wiring harness on the green car above the 2- 12 -12 dashes and 150 Motec with harness was 24k most people dont want to spend the money wich I dont either but it makes it legit .

1 hour ago, Supreme Air said:

If you go PDM you get no relays and the engine builder supplies the wiring harness on the green car above the 2- 12 -12 dashes and 150 Motec with harness was 24k most people dont want to spend the money wich I dont either but it makes it legit .

I have the Life Racing version from Danzio in my Racer car, Its such an awesome setup. Super easy to remove the entire wire harness and every single wire is labeled.

Edited by Blue-Jay

1 hour ago, Blue-Jay said:

I have the Life Racing version from Danzio in my Racer car, Its such an awesome setup. Super easy to remove the entire wire harness and every single wire is labeled.

Yep same basic system ...