jhuerta

I cant believe the flood of sandrail sales!

Man, there are so many good price sandrail that its definitely a buyers market.  Man this is not good when on the other end. Good deals everywhere. 

Agree. Buyers market for sure. 

Everybody's gettin' that cash ready for the Honda Talon release.

Maybe it is all of the new cars being built for the first in a long time creating an abundance of used.  

32 minutes ago, pinnedcr250f said:

Maybe it is all of the new cars being built for the first in a long time creating an abundance of used.  

I agree, after some horse trading I picked up a new car that is two years old that only went out a few times and smells like a new car. The best part is the SxS went as part of the trade 😀

3 minutes ago, endobear said:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/snw/d/prescott-valley-manx-buggy/6788937392.html

Im really digging this for the money. Just don't want to take a bath when I sell my rail.

Wow, doesn't get much cooler than this for a great cruiser

It is a great time to be a buyer, for sure. When I listed my car and there were only a couple cars up, since then their are a bunch of fair priced nice cars out there. I hope buyers take advantage of the selection and choose what fits, its an unusual circumstance at this time in the season.

Today has been phone ringing off the hook with orders. No doubt sandcar/toy market is gonna take off again shortly

26 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Today has been phone ringing off the hook with orders. No doubt sandcar/toy market is gonna take off again shortly

Do you work for a fabricator now?

There's a lot of cars but no one is buying. 

I've sent PM's to several people about rails for sale on here and a lot were already sold, but ad just not updated.  Things are moving....

12 hours ago, GROPER said:

I agree, after some horse trading I picked up a new car that is two years old that only went out a few times and smells like a new car. The best part is the SxS went as part of the trade 😀

Wow. Nice job. "Make The Sand Dunes Great Again."

Now......................everybody. Don't get excited. It's just what popped into my head.

I have to disagree IMO a 10-13-year-old car with an LS1 and 2D for 30 - 40K  is not a good deal, which is what most are asking for their cars.

Well, I have yet to see a new build in many years that someone put a 2D and an LS1/6. I would bet if someone did, they'd be looking at some where around 80k. There are much nicer used cars with S4's and very nice LS motors in that price range. Once these over priced lS1 2D cars are gone entry into the V8 sandrail world will be much higher then 30-40K.

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

On 1/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, Mac said:

Do you work for a fabricator now?

No still building experimental airplanes. But the industries are parallels. Always have been in my 20 years of doing both. These are hobbies and toys (experimental). And its been slow on the experimental side since halloween (used to be normal with the exception of the past 3 years). Today was another day of people toy shopping. The sand car market is gonna go into summer hybernation soon though and the east coast flying season is gonna be in full swing

On 1/22/2019 at 11:56 PM, sausage450r said:

No still building experimental airplanes. But the industries are parallels. Always have been in my 20 years of doing both. These are hobbies and toys (experimental). And its been slow on the experimental side since halloween (used to be normal with the exception of the past 3 years). Today was another day of people toy shopping. The sand car market is gonna go into summer hybernation soon though and the east coast flying season is gonna be in full swing

:kenk:

Hey, try this.....SPLAT!

Nope that didn't work. Need another Test Pilot!

:lmao:

:bigrin  :cheers:

6 minutes ago, dbart said:

:kenk:

Hey, try this.....SPLAT!

Nope that didn't work. Need another Test Pilot!

:lmao:

:bigrin  :cheers:

Stigma. Experimentals are actually much safer imo because 1. Owners take pride in them and 2. They can afford to fix them right because less govt related added fees

On 1/22/2019 at 10:13 PM, SANDPSYCHO said:

Well, I have yet to see a new build in many years that someone put a 2D and an LS1/6. I would bet if someone did, they'd be looking at some where around 80k. There are much nicer used cars with S4's and very nice LS motors in that price range. Once these over priced lS1 2D cars are gone entry into the V8 sandrail world will be much higher then 30-40K.

Exactly! Try to build a nice name brand car with a 2d and an LS motor in it. You are hardpressed to get it done for under 40k when you add all the stuff that you want on it.

58 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Stigma. Experimentals are actually much safer imo because 1. Owners take pride in them and 2. They can afford to fix them right because less govt related added fees

Unless you are John Denver. Needless loss. All he had to do was either put fuel in it or have his tank switch easily accessible. 

1 hour ago, Dune Doc said:

Exactly! Try to build a nice name brand car with a 2d and an LS motor in it. You are hardpressed to get it done for under 40k when you add all the stuff that you want on it.

New?  You will be looking at 30-40K for the roller minimum on a new Name brand car and even a non name brand you will pay that for a Roller with accessories and PC. Add a CBM or other current LS package and 2D and you will be adding close to 20K on top. Lets face it 4 corner Shocks and Bypasses cost 4K alone, and Wheels and Tires are close to that too. 

We recently finished a Buddies car and it was close to 80K for a basic LS and an S4, the S4 is only 5K more than the 2D new.

Edited by fullthrottleguy

1 hour ago, onanysunday said:

Unless you are John Denver. Needless loss. All he had to do was either put fuel in it or have his tank switch easily accessible. 

It was easily accessible. He lost control while effing with it. He lost “situational awareness”. One of the leading causes of pilot error related crashes. You may known name of the designer of his experimental. None other than burt rutan of scaled composites fame. But it could have been placed better, though the location of the switch was approved by the faa

Edited by sausage450r

17 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

It was easily accessible. He lost control while effing with it. He lost “situational awareness”. One of the leading causes of pilot error related crashes. You may known name of the designer of his experimental. None other than burt rutan of scaled composites fame. But it could have been placed better, though the location of the switch was approved by the faa

What is crazy is the preflight guy with him handed him a handheld mirror to see behind him and check the fuel. Not the best system.

1 hour ago, fullthrottleguy said:

New?  You will be looking at 30-40K for the roller minimum on a new Name brand car and even a non name brand you will pay that for a Roller with accessories and PC. Add a CBM or other current LS package and 2D and you will be adding close to 20K on top. Lets face it 4 corner Shocks and Bypasses cost 4K alone, and Wheels and Tires are close to that too. 

We recently finished a Buddies car and it was close to 80K for a basic LS and an S4, the S4 is only 5K more than the 2D new.

What frame was that?

26 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

What is crazy is the preflight guy with him handed him a handheld mirror to see behind him and check the fuel. Not the best system.

Classic Burt, simple solutions to complex problems.  Why install a whole bunch of wires and gauge? When one site tube and valve will work. 

During the race for the x price Burt was working on Space Ship 1, they needed a way regulate cabin pressure... The solution, drill a hole in the fuselage and put a cork in it.  On the way in when the cabin pressure got too high elevation wise, the pilot has to pull the cork out, wait till it stabilzied, and put the cork back in.  lol