jwest2sh

Weight distribution hitch on Class A pusher, who uses them?

The old style round bars with chain doesn’t turn well or have anti sway. 

look for the square bars no chain for great turning and anti sway benefits.

I recently used my lifted truck for Glamis duty and didn’t preload the square bars properly and it was slow and scary. 

on the return trip I remembered the hitch preload was set for my DP and raised the preload 1.75 inches. Mega difference!! Zero sway (with windy day) and better feel while braking and 70 mph stabilization. 

Hands down use the WD.  Really like the https://www.equalizerhitch.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6IHwBRCJARIsALNjViXPQfAXGMTZIHqJX7AV7S5wmzwb7eNRxdzF1e5A6AJ7iAXLeQFvJdEaAlR7EALw_wcB

combination sway control and WD.  Used this hitch for years with DP and class A Moho.  

7 hours ago, jvcamp said:

Hands down use the WD.  Really like the https://www.equalizerhitch.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6IHwBRCJARIsALNjViXPQfAXGMTZIHqJX7AV7S5wmzwb7eNRxdzF1e5A6AJ7iAXLeQFvJdEaAlR7EALw_wcB

combination sway control and WD.  Used this hitch for years with DP and class A Moho.  

I had always had the Draw Tite  kind, the type with chains on the bars. For the first time this last trip a couple weeks ago I use the Equalizer type without chains. I will never tow without it again. Actually you would forget you were towing the ride was so nice.