Quicksand

Bled Brakes - pushing pedal doesn't move pads

I filled the master cylinders on my CNC 224 Reverse Swing Dual Reservoir brake pedal assembly today for the first time and then bled the brakes with a pressure bleeder.  Each of the inner and outer bleed screws (in that order) were opened until the brake fluid ran clear.  Once bled, I depressed the brake pedal but the brake pads do not move.  I can see fluid squirting up into the master cylinders when the pedal is depressed.  There are no leaks anywhere in the lines.  I am looking at the front pads when I depress the pedal so there are no turn brakes in those lines.  This brake assembly has never been used but was purchased for the build probably 10 years ago.  Do you think the seals are bad from sitting around?  I read other master cylinder rebuild threads on gd.com where somebody said the cylinders had to be honed when rebuilding them?  Is this necessary on new master cylinders?  Other possibilities for no brakes?  Thanks

Bleed them the old fashioned way- pump 3 times and hold, crack bleeder screw, tighten bleeder screw, release pedal, repeat. Gonna need two people. Usually enlist one of my kids for this job.

Is the proportion bar swinging all the way toward the rear?  Is it depressing the piston on the front master cylinder?

~jw

Yes, both pistons are being pushed on the master cylinder. I pumped the pedal a few times as LRS suggested and did notice that the pads moved out to the rotor.  Once the weather warms up a little, I'll put my daughter in the car and have her operate the pedal while I bleed the brakes the old fashioned way. Thanks

My car came with old cylinders.  I had to replace 2 of them.  The clutch and the front brakes.  Neither would hold after bleeding.  Once I rebuilt them they worked great.  The seals had failed so when you pushed on it the fluid would just blow by it.