mike dee

Super Bowl criticism here....

Romo finally made it to a Super Bowl!!!

1 hour ago, mrknnee said:

Game sucked,,,,,,,,,commercials sucked... Until next year......

Nope !!, next year I’ll either be at Mammoth Mt or Glamis !.. won’t make this mistake again!....

Football superstar commercial was awesome!!!!!!

Well they say defenses win Superbowl's but offenses bring ratings and excitement.  Pretty boring game but it is what it is. 

The commercials well with the way the US is now where you don't dare e funny because somebody will get offended you end up with the most plain Jane vanilla everything that everybody agrees sucks..... Well at least we are all on the same page for once. 

The Saints would have definitely done a better job imo, Gooff will never learn how to get rid of the ball and might not ever get back to the Superbowl he had his chance.

Like others have mentioned the halftime show was blah but I'm not a millennial so i didn't get it anyway, commercials were weak as well maybe 2 or 3 were decent.

It appears that maybe CBS couldn't sell very much advertising as there was a ton of CBS network shows and NFL commercials but IDK.

Next year I'll be in the dunes as like previous years with the game on in the background while BBQ'n in camp watching the sun go down. 😎

Funny  how people are bashing Goff....one throw was tipped away at the last second....and the last blitz throw was a few yards short...if he bombs that one 5 yds farther its a touchdown too....I think he did pretty darn good considering...Gurley has to be hurt....and the defense was asleep it seemed....Oh and lets not put 22 on Edleman...he can't touch him off the line....

I figured they would of focused on the two new men L.A.  Ram cheerleaders.  I’m glad I was incorrect 

Oh how fitting. In leu of a favorite car in the highway star thread, and MD^^ naming them, I googled it, sure enough it's been thought about. The merge. 

Screenshot_20190204-091711_Gallery.jpg

Didn't watch...sounds like I made a good choice.

Since Saturday had terrible weather, we decided to stick around in the dunes later Sunday. Didn't get home until 8. I recorded the game but after reading this thread, I might just delete it.

Andrew

The rule changes the last few years have done a lot to hurt the game. The refs manipulating games so certain teams advance, same thing the NHL does, has really hurt. You have teams that have been cought cheating in the Super Bowl (Patriots) yet thier victory still stands. So 2 teams that most the country hold a lot of animosity for go to the big game. Then hype it up for 2 weeks, put it in the middle of an over produced concert, with singers that most people, who don't live in mommy's house, even know who they are. Add it all up and you have Super Bowl 53. 

The commercial sick and have sick for years. MWB explained that best.

The Super Bowl is best used as background noise at a party.

9 minutes ago, Mac said:

Didn't watch...sounds like I made a good choice.

Didn't watch it either. Don't miss football even one iota. Watched Titanic (again) with the wife. Turns out, I scored more points than the Rams did.

If you like a defensive game this was it.   The Patriots exposed the weakness in the Rams offensive line and gave Goff very little time to throw.  When he had time he made some good passes.  Don't understand why Gurley was not used more, if he was not hurt.   The Rams receiver letting that touchdown pass go through his hands killed their chances that late in the game.   Goff and company will comeback stronger and smarter.  Hopefully they make it back to the big dance next year.  

Hats off to the Patriots for doing what they do.  6 Superbowls victories is impressive.  If they keep playing like they do there is chance there will be a 7th one.

The commercials sucked for the most part.  The Audi commercial where he was saved from choking was kinda funny and the opening scene with Manning and John Malkovich was funny. 

Edited by Sand Shark

3 hours ago, MWB said:

Well they say defenses win Superbowl's but offenses bring ratings and excitement.  Pretty boring game but it is what it is. 

The commercials well with the way the US is now where you don't dare e funny because somebody will get offended you end up with the most plain Jane vanilla everything that everybody agrees sucks..... Well at least we are all on the same page for once. 

I didn't think about it last night, but that's what the commercials reminded me of.  Good description!

43 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

If you like a defensive game this was it.   The Patriots exposed the weakness in the Rams offensive line and gave Goff very little time to throw.  When he had time he made some good passes.  Don't understand why Gurley was not used more, if he was not hurt.   The Rams receiver letting that touchdown pass go through his hands killed their chances that late in the game.   Goff and company will comeback stronger and smarter.  Hopefully the make it back to the big dance next year.  

Hats off to the Patriots for doing what they do.  6 Superbowls victories is impressive.  If they keep playing like they do there is chance there will be a 7th one.

The commercials sucked for the most part.  The Audi commercial where he was saved from choking was kinda funny and the opening scene with Manning and John Malkovich was funny. 

Disagree. Not trying to take away from Patriots, they came prepared as always, but Patriot defense is not that great. The entire Rams offense was just horrible. They had not looked good the last 4 weeks of season, and they did not look good against Saints.  Seemed like opposing teams had figured out the weaknesses in their offense and what they needed to do stop them and Goff. Nobody on the Rams, not their boy genius coach or Goff, seemed to be able to make any counter adjustments to get the offense going again. 

Goff was horrible in the game. Yes, the offensive line didn't do great and he got pressured some, but he didn't handle it well. He seemed constantly nervous and panicked. Even on some plays when he had plenty of time, he somehow didn't see wide open receivers or made crappy throws. I also don't see why the Rams didn't try running it more. They were only down 3 points most of the game but they acted like they were down by 20 and needed to throw the ball every play.

To me, Goff and McVay are going to have to do a whole lot better to live up to all the money and hype they've received.

HOT DARN THERE WAS SOME HITTING GOING ON IN THAT GAME.  Slap be digging the defensive battle, them boys came to play, and let them play they did.  Slap do like scoring, but some times you gotta let the D make a statement.  Slap could hear the hits all da way through Mrs. McDuners Bingo game going on at da dinner table. 

The wife did watch the game..

Now she's angry..

Damn..

Gotta agree with ya Slappy……….those dudes were laying the helmet on each other! I think the halftime show is still going on? Peace

I thought it was a pretty good football game. I do see the perspective from those who's team didn't make it there, they wanted to see a slugfest with 100 points. But if your team was in that game, it was tense and more like a chess match, not boring at all.  Weather was really nice, no breeze. Romo finally found his calling, he's awesome calling the game from the booth.

Being a lifelong Pats fan, these are some good times, they are setting records that will take a long time to be broken. Haters gonna hate, but B&B are the best there ever was.

Next we get Gronk as an action movie star......not sure how that's gonna play out.

2 hours ago, Turbo_Manx_Maniac said:

I thought it was a pretty good football game. I do see the perspective from those who's team didn't make it there, they wanted to see a slugfest with 100 points. But if your team was in that game, it was tense and more like a chess match, not boring at all.  Weather was really nice, no breeze. Romo finally found his calling, he's awesome calling the game from the booth.

Being a lifelong Pats fan, these are some good times, they are setting records that will take a long time to be broken. Haters gonna hate, but B&B are the best there ever was.

Next we get Gronk as an action movie star......not sure how that's gonna play out.

I have learned a few things over the last few years that everybody should know

You don't piss into the wind

You don't tug on superman's cape

Don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger 

And don't bet against B&B

Ugh that game was  :simrak:

Saints should have been in the game, but the Patriots can't beat the Saints so the Refs allowed the Rams to be in the Stupidbowl to let Brady/Belichick get another win!

Saints would have destroyed the Patriots I think.

Now, I wish the Rams would have had a rematch against the Chiefs...oh well!

Edited by dbart

On 2/4/2019 at 8:19 AM, realbadlarry said:

Funny  how people are bashing Goff....one throw was tipped away at the last second....and the last blitz throw was a few yards short...if he bombs that one 5 yds farther its a touchdown too....I think he did pretty darn good considering...Gurley has to be hurt....and the defense was asleep it seemed....Oh and lets not put 22 on Edleman...he can't touch him off the line....

Read a stat that stated during the regular season the Patriots ran man coverage over 62% of the snaps.  During the Superbowl, they ran man less than 10% of the time which totally screwed with what Goff was expecting.     Dunno if its true as I didnt watch em this season but when I read that it was one of them things that made me say Hmmmmm

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Read a stat that stated during the regular season the Patriots ran man coverage over 62% of the snaps.  During the Superbowl, they ran man less than 10% of the time which totally screwed with what Goff was expecting.     Dunno if its true as I didnt watch em this season but when I read that it was one of them things that made me say Hmmmmm

That is Belichick and what he does , he makes you do things you  don't do well. The Patriots make you play the game the way they want you to play. 

Expect man coverage they will go zone.  He doesn't find the best football players he finds the football players that understand football on a mental level and can adapt during a game.  He Takes away your strength and makes you go the way he is leading you.

41 minutes ago, dbart said:

Ugh that game was  :simrak:

Saints should have been in the game, but the Patriots can't beat the Saints so the Refs allowed the Rams to be in the Stupidbowl to let Brady/Belichick get another win!

Saints would have destroyed the Patriots I think.

Now, I wish the Rams would have had a rematch against the Chiefs...oh well!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda......fact is the Saints watched the game from their couch because their coach was calling pass plays instead of running the ball and killing the clock.

Edited by Turbo_Manx_Maniac