Sign in to follow this  
sinverguenza

WTB or Rebuild Banshee shocks

So I have a stock 2000 Banshee. I bought it new and have never rebuilt (if possible) or bought new shocks. Now that my 2 kids are older and in bigger quads I only use my (Chenowth 4 seat 4 sale here on GD.com) quad. 

I noticed that my front shocks take a while rebounding and when I (260 lbs) get on the quad almost touches the ground.

I called CT Racing in Santa Fe Springs and they quoted me 1k for 3 Elka shocks valved for my weight. 

I think my quad would be in the 2000 to 2500$ dollar range if it was for sale and don't want to spend 1k on shocks if possible. 

Are the stock Banshee shocks rebuildable? 

If so, where can I take them near Whittier, CA 90606?

If there are better then stock but less then Elka what other brand would you recommend? 

I've read about using the YFZ 450 shocks but would have to use the a-arms as well. Looking for a just bolt on shocks.

Any help is appreciated. 

Also heading out to Ocotillo in 2 weeks and would like to have new or rebuilt shocks by then.

Thanks.

Not to close for you but a good shop!

344C4EF5-CBB2-4B86-8316-FBC34D8C1338.png

The stock shocks can not be rebuilt 

1 hour ago, Sumsand said:

Not to close for you but a good shop!

344C4EF5-CBB2-4B86-8316-FBC34D8C1338.png

Thanks will call tomorrow 

1 hour ago, GoneBoating said:

The stock shocks can not be rebuilt 

Thanks.

Like mentioned the front shocks are not re-buildable the back is but not worth the coin.  The three Elka's for $1K sprung to your weight would be well worth the squeeze.  just keep your stock ones, you can always unload the Elka's for $7-800 bucks before you sell your $2,500.00 Banshee.  Or you just move the shocks from one bike to the next, all the banshee's have the same shocks.   The Elka's are also  re-buildable and can be better valved/ sprung later for your weight and riding style.

Plus that $1,000.00 you will spend on the shocks will be the best money you will ever spend on that bike.  and that guy in camp that you can almost beat up the hill, well my guess is that it will either be a lot closer or he will be getting suspension work done this summer.

I'm sure the Elkas are a big step up just can't justify it when cruising with my 13 year old girls. Let me make some phone calls and I will post what choices I have. 

We can rebuild the rear, and set it up for your weight, and we do it all the time.  The fronts are not rebuildeable. I  will have to look to see if I have a set of something for the fronts.  I know I have several sets of Honda shocks. 

Your cheapest option would be to find a set being sold off by somebody who is parting out a bike.  Avoid the Fox floats or any other "air" shocks.  The stock ones would be the cheapest but you don't know if they are on there last leg or not and as said cant rebuild them.