stonehenge

Yamaha Raptor (686, PEP, Leager long travel) original owner

Yep, time to sell my precious baby.  I promise this advertisement will not be as long as my Teryx one was, but still detailed.  Please PM me with questions.

It started back when Yamaha announced the Raptor, and I heard Yamaha was going to release the first ones to the “smaller” Yamaha only dealerships’.  So I went down to Pasadena Yamaha and gave them some money.  And I received the very first one in the state.  VIN#......103.  The rest is history, as I will explain in this ad. 

The Raptor was designed to compete, if not dominate the ATV market at the time, and it did accomplish this rather well with the intro of this machine.  It was a ground up new machine, (yea a few minor parts were take offs like hubs and some nuts & bolts) but basically it was a new machine by all accounts.  The power plant was a proven long block Yami made for a German road bike, and Yami tweaked it for ATV use, 5-valves, dual carbs, new tranny, etc, etc.  When I picked it up, or tried to pick it up there was a line of companies offering me goodies if they could use it for “mock-up” purposes, remember it was the first Raptor in the state.  So I said sure.  It was the first Raptor in the country to have a bunch of aftermarket parts on it, which was kinda cool. 

I could write a 10 page ad on the build, but I’m not going to, I will try and list all the parts and tell you the shocks alone cost way more than what I’m selling it for, not to mention all the other high dollar parts.  I have every single receipt  since day one and they add up to $$$$

Keep in mind this quad was purchased by me, owned by me and ridden by me. It was built for Glamis and it was rode in Glamis.  I’m a duner, I cruise, I don’t abuse my $hit.  It is not a hanger queen, nor a mall crawler.  Purpose built and maintained meticulously. Never crashed.  If possible, please send questions via PM.

It has Leager long travel A-arms, 686 fresh rebuild, PEP shocks front and rear (with zero hours on rebuild) complete brand new rear swing arm with all new internals, brand new custom made Jet Trim seat, STU comp cut rears, Lone star axle, Lone star taller steering stem, Hinson clutch, Hinson basket, Yoshimura full pipe,  …. the list goes on and on. (see below)

Upgraded aftermarket Yukon brand complete transmission gears. These gears are made with 4320 forged steel to meet up with the highest quality spec and include a 4 degree back cut on engagement teeth to hold the gear under load and help to eliminate any jumping out of gear.  

All service was conducted by ASAP in Rancho, plus all motor, suspension, carbs (which were rebuilt over the summer and dyno tuned in Oct.)  It was always garaged on a stand in the off season and in my trailer during the season.

Folks, this Raptor is beyond ready, and is built to dune.  Straight up, it rips, and a very plush ride.  Come out and give it a ride, you will buy it in 2 seconds. 

I’m including two very nice high dollar aluminum folding ramps and a hydraulic ATV jack/stand. 

It is priced very inexpensively because I would like it to sell to a Glamis person if possible; I consider GD to be part of my extended family and would love to see it stay in the sand.  PM’s would be preferred for questions.

I accept cash, check, cashier’s check, c/c, Venmo, PayPal or any combo. Sorry, not interested in any trades of any sorts. Pink slip in hand, currently registered and bill of sale can be discussed for tax purposes.  Delivery might be available for the right deal. Not getting divorced, not getting out of the sport, not a fire sale, not switching gears because my kid is playing sports and thank the Lord not having health issues.  Just selling a great quad for a beyond reasonable price.  Thank you for taking the time to read this advertisement.

Yamaha Raptor 01’

Original adult owner, non smoker, no pets, always garaged, never crashed

Fresh 686 top end (2017 summer) 

Pump gas port & polish

Beefed up internals

One way starter bearing

Over sized aftermarket billet oil tank

Yukon aftermarket complete transmission (major $$$ upgrade all gears, solved 2nd gear issue) 

Hinson clutch

Hinson basket

High output stator

Non-Cali computer

Yoshimura full pipe (with factory heat guards retained)

K &N air filter

K & N air box lid

Exrta K & N air box lid for ezy switch out, no waiting for it to dry

Roll Design Billet shifter

Leager long travel A-arms

AC full nerf bars with net baskets

All black plastics

Billet fuel cap

Custom front bumper

LED headlight pods 4" square

LED front bumper light 10"(amber or white, has dual bulbs)

Custom handle bar light mount

LED handle bar light 20"

Pro Taper high CR bend handle bars

Uni grips

Lone Star extended steering stem with shock neck

Hyper-Pro steering stabilizer (street bike company makes this product for the raptor)

PEP front shocks (fresh rebuild)

PEP rear shock (fresh rebuild)

Jet Trim custom seat (brand new)

Lone Star wider rear axle

Douglas Blue label wheels

STU play cut rear tires

STU front razors

GYTR billet front hubs

Custom made rear rack with tool box and tow strap bag

Pelican case on rear rack

LED rear taillight

Billet whip mount

GYTR billet heel guards

GYTR carbon front grill cover

Quad Tech carbon fiber shock guards

GYTR break reservoir billet cover

GYTR billet starter cover

SS brake lines

New OEM rear swing arm (all new internals, bearings, carrier, etc)

New rear hubs

New axle nut assembly 

New battery

New throttle cable

New clutch cable

New front sprocket

New rear sprocket

New O-ring chain

New Oil filter (over-sized Mobil 1, always run its entire life) 

New oil (Mobil one full synthetic only its entire life)

Full tank of petrol

Extra ignition key

Full service manual

Owners manual

Aluminum ramps

ATV hydraulic jack/stand

PM for questions would be greatly appreciated and responded to promptly.

2500 yep, you read that right.  If interested let me know, no pressure, no hurry, the first person that sees it, will buy it.  

20190203_141837.jpg

20190210_175353.jpg

20190210_175630.jpg

20190210_175525.jpg

20190210_175740.jpg

Edited by stonehenge

Does it come with a  beanie holder?

Awesome deal

I love me the old school raptors

they drive like a Cadillac once they are setup right

Very nice rappy with a really nice price. Someone’s getting a nice set up.

Nice ride!

Edited by Rudedog13
Changed