2turbofords

Added some mufflers to my honda today!

Been couped up for the last week since the sky won't stop crying and decided to quiet down the buggy a bit . Got a pair of mufflers ordered up from jegs. Showed up and the body of the muffs are  different lengths, wtf? Welded them in place of my burns 2 into one collector. Started up the engine and it sounded like an old boat( not good to me) instantly regretted the new sound and had to come up with something to make it one outlet again... Bust out the grinder and welder again to Fab up a big ol tip. Turned out kinda uglier than I wanted, but sounds soooo much better than the dual outlet and still quieter than before without muffs. I got the idea from someone here on the board making custom dual collectors. Gonna paint it Black with BBQ paint and see how it runs once streets dry up( chassis is still raw) whatcha think?

IMG_20190205_202307348.jpg

IMG_20190127_082959048.jpg

IMG_20190127_082951521.jpg

IMG_20190204_132748212.jpg

IMG_20190204_140840354_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190204_141510424_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190204_143446586.jpg

IMG_20190204_145205648.jpg

IMG_20190204_145602777.jpg

Edited by 2turbofords
I think I see Jesus looking down on me in last pic?

Hey man that looks good! 

At least you’re doing something productive with your down time from the rain unlike me. 

Looks great! Nice job.

Not suprised to see noticable diff. The quality of alot of brand name exhaust comapanies is beginning to suffer. I usually use magnaflows but i did a job 2 years ago and the guy requested stainless dynomax and they were really nice. I decided to use them again on a job recently based on $$ and was not impressed at all. My guess is manufacturing is probably No longer domestic

Nice work!  I put two small inline mufflers on my new motor and it's still way too loud for me....I'm getting old I guess?  I really wanted to do one big flowmaster or something but they were all just too big for my rear cage.  I used to think louder is better....now not so much!  LOL

~jw

4 hours ago, jwest2sh said:

Nice work!  I put two small inline mufflers on my new motor and it's still way too loud for me....I'm getting old I guess?  I really wanted to do one big flowmaster or something but they were all just too big for my rear cage.  I used to think louder is better....now not so much!  LOL

~jw

Turbo(s) act like mufflers......just sayin 

Edited by sausage450r

Just adding the oval around the tips made the tone tolerable?

Might sound more like a 2 into 1 with a small crossover connecting the 2 sides before the mufflers.

14 hours ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Just adding the oval around the tips made the tone tolerable?

Ya made it sound totally different...

I started  engine with it originally like this picture  and it sounded like a dam demolition derby car!! Never had mufflers on the buggy  but getting more concerned for the little kiddos in the back seat now.

IMG_20190127_082951521.jpg

Edited by 2turbofords