Jump to content
kingkong

need to do new exhaust

Recommended Posts

Anyone running the flow master outlaw shorty mufflers im going to be redoing my set up and was curious what sounds good? I have the doug thorley headers now but im trying to put some panels on the rear cage and would like to do custom exhaust and not just straight pipe it off the header. post your pics thanks or sound tests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kingkong said:

Anyone running the flow master outlaw shorty mufflers im going to be redoing my set up and was curious what sounds good? I have the doug thorley headers now but im trying to put some panels on the rear cage and would like to do custom exhaust and not just straight pipe it off the header. post your pics thanks or sound tests

Just add the mufflers to what you have. There are cheaper alternatives, like vibrant, but they look cheaper.

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1257&products_id=271&osCsid=3a687c425f4eb03eb5479947bec28766  

If it were me; I would v-band it at the headers and add your mufflers. 

Are you going to merge your outlets? Or leave it duals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Just add the mufflers to what you have. There are cheaper alternatives, like vibrant, but they look cheaper.

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1257&products_id=271&osCsid=3a687c425f4eb03eb5479947bec28766  

If it were me; I would v-band it at the headers and add your mufflers. 

Are you going to merge your outlets? Or leave it duals?

This. And merge it if you can. 

Unless you go to Pismo a lot, Vibrant 304SS would be the way I’d go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Just add the mufflers to what you have. There are cheaper alternatives, like vibrant, but they look cheaper.

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1257&products_id=271&osCsid=3a687c425f4eb03eb5479947bec28766  

If it were me; I would v-band it at the headers and add your mufflers. 

Are you going to merge your outlets? Or leave it duals?

Gonna leave it duals. And thats the plan header muffler pipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kingkong said:

Gonna leave it duals. And thats the plan header muffler pipe

Talk to israel at polishing proz in santee and coat the headers after, leave the stainless secondaries raw. 

Edited by sausage450r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact jugernaut on the board here. He owns Hot Head headers and does nice work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree  contact hot head  headers !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running 2 into 1 with a single 4" short flowmaster on a Ls2 and love it, much easyer on the ears than duals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im running Tom Face headers with two of his small bullet mufflers. I had two into 1 at first, but I like how the duals sound. I'll try to upload some photos and sound clips this weekend. 

F5268812-A341-4D69-B019-37DCCF579802.jpeg

DBAC8585-FB0D-4526-A978-0DE50F376A08.jpeg

7C3132E5-B0C4-47FF-8CF3-1E1BAD559BE9.png

9806FEF0-2A9B-4807-A226-2AF84093C4FA.png

Pictures and video added. 

Edited by HBLOWEN
Adding pictures and a video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HBLOWEN said:

Im running Tom Face headers with two of his small bullet mufflers. I had two into 1 at first, but I like how the duals sound. I'll try to upload some photos and sound clips this weekend. 

F5268812-A341-4D69-B019-37DCCF579802.jpeg

DBAC8585-FB0D-4526-A978-0DE50F376A08.jpeg

7C3132E5-B0C4-47FF-8CF3-1E1BAD559BE9.png

9806FEF0-2A9B-4807-A226-2AF84093C4FA.png

Pictures and video added. 

That looks great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 10:25 AM, HBLOWEN said:

Im running Tom Face headers with two of his small bullet mufflers. I had two into 1 at first, but I like how the duals sound. I'll try to upload some photos and sound clips this weekend. 

F5268812-A341-4D69-B019-37DCCF579802.jpeg

DBAC8585-FB0D-4526-A978-0DE50F376A08.jpeg

7C3132E5-B0C4-47FF-8CF3-1E1BAD559BE9.png

9806FEF0-2A9B-4807-A226-2AF84093C4FA.png

Pictures and video added. 

9C9772E2-4511-4F75-8B06-8475D8EF9EB4.MOV

Bitchin car man 👍I too like the duals sounds good too how much those headers cost u?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres my 2 into 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...