adam909

Tonneau covers

Thinking of adding a retractable tonneau cover to the new truck.  What’s the cleanest looking while easy to use go to tonneau cover. Thanks adam. 

I just bought a new to me truck that has one. I was going to get rid of it at first but now I really like it. I will snap a couple pics and try to get the brand name for you. 

20190212_115444.jpg

20190212_115548.jpg

Edited by hondajimz

https://truxedo.com/

I had one that the cover started to split after several years. Called them up and they sent me a replacement with absolutely no hassle. 

I kept tools under it that I would use for long distance jobs I didn’t need my service truck for. I loved it.

https://retrax.com/retraxpro-mx

Have this one on my 2017 Ram 3500 and i love it. you can walk on it as long as you weigh less than 500 lbs. It keeps all my gear dry and clean inside.

i also just bought a 16 f450 that came with the truxedo and was gonna take it off.turns out i love it.it also locks down near the tailgate and can not be unlocked unless you open the tailgate.and i keep my tailgate locked.but with the flick of your pointer fingers on the latch it unclips and you can roll it back to the cab.no water get in the bed.its realy water tite.

11 hours ago, BOONE said:

https://retrax.com/retraxpro-mx

Have this one on my 2017 Ram 3500 and i love it. you can walk on it as long as you weigh less than 500 lbs. It keeps all my gear dry and clean inside.

really like that set up..  ill be installing it on a ram as well but short bed.  Did you have a short bed? did it clear a 5ver hitch?

2 hours ago, adam909 said:

really like that set up..  ill be installing it on a ram as well but short bed.  Did you have a short bed? did it clear a 5ver hitch?

I have mine installed on my short bed and clears the 5ver hitch. 

This was my son's truck with aluminum slats, nice and clean and worked great. DON~~~

Jeffs truck left rear.JPG

Jeffs truck rear.JPG

I have the Retrax on my truck and love it.