Jump to content
onanysunday

2018 Can Am X3 RS shock re-valve and springs

Recommended Posts

Is there anyone else other than Shock Therapy? Just curious. They are $2090 for a spring kit and valving.

Edited by onanysunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ed Poundsand,  or Gary, and Tom @ UTV Shocks in Havasu. All kind of in the same ballpark. If you're a member on the Can Am Site, I think they all do 5% off. I know ST does. Not much, but it helps.

Edited by Tanman11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Is there anyone else other than Shock Therapy? Just curious. They are $2090 for a spring kit and valving.

Call up rito at the stripping shop. They are off 91st ave and the 101. Does a ton of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having Ed  @Pound Sand do mine after the Golf Tourney. It’s about $2200.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eff Shock Therapy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chevy1925 said:

Call up rito at the stripping shop. They are off 91st ave and the 101. Does a ton of them

Interesting. I have not seen him mentioned anywhere.  Looks like MTS is another option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we have a spring kit that makes a world of difference. $985 for spring kit, alone . Or $1135 with billet pre-load collars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SCHMIDTY said:

we have a spring kit that makes a world of difference. $985 for spring kit, alone . Or $1135 with billet pre-load collars. 

I see the billet collars on your facebook page. What is the advantage? Just easier to turn with your wrench?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the spring kit from Schmidty with the billet collars....was super easy and an amazing upgrade...ok mines only a 900, but man what a difference........and the billet stuff makes it all super easy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 900 collars were prone to failing....so the upgrade was a preventative thing....I think the can ams is easy of adjustment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onanysunday said:

Interesting. I have not seen him mentioned anywhere.  Looks like MTS is another option.

He won’t be on here. He’s all over AZ fb page for rzr and canam stuff. Close friend of mine who not only sets up rzr/canam for racing but also for play. You’ve probably seen his stuff and didn’t know it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ed Poundsand did mine.  Very happy with his work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chevy1925 said:

He won’t be on here. He’s all over AZ fb page for rzr and canam stuff. Close friend of mine who not only sets up rzr/canam for racing but also for play. You’ve probably seen his stuff and didn’t know it 

MTS is fantastic. I’ve known them for a long time. They really know their stuff. I may be selling my rail and going with an x3 max and will be taking it to them first thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Interesting. I have not seen him mentioned anywhere.  Looks like MTS is another option.

 

10 hours ago, tdent450 said:

MTS is fantastic. I’ve known them for a long time. They really know their stuff. I may be selling my rail and going with an x3 max and will be taking it to them first thing. 

Just to clear the air

Rito/The Stripping Shop is not affiliated with MTS. I believe Onanysunday was just referencing another shop he found while replying to my post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Is there anyone else other than Shock Therapy? Just curious. They are $2090 for a spring kit and valving.

That just seems expensive. A Eiabach spring kit is around $1,000 and most shock guys charge about $60-$80 per shock to re-valve. Kurt at DC shocks in San Dimas always done good work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chevy1925 said:

 

Just to clear the air

Rito/The Stripping Shop is not affiliated with MTS. I believe Onanysunday was just referencing another shop he found while replying to my post. 

My bad I totally misread that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cali kid said:

That just seems expensive. A Eiabach spring kit is around $1,000 and most shock guys charge about $60-$80 per shock to re-valve. Kurt at DC shocks in San Dimas always done good work for me.

They must be finally paying off past clients with the windfall of money they are taking in :lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cali kid said:

That just seems expensive. A Eiabach spring kit is around $1,000 and most shock guys charge about $60-$80 per shock to re-valve. Kurt at DC shocks in San Dimas always done good work for me.

You pay extra for them to wipe off the spring rates with acetone so you have no idea on where to go on adjustments...  

Adjustments you'll probably need because for that you don't get some dude riding with you, asking what you like/don't like, and making it work for you.  You get a spring kit, revalve, and general suggestions on where to go to change things ("if you feel it bottoming, add more compression").  

14 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Is there anyone else other than Shock Therapy? Just curious. They are $2090 for a spring kit and valving.

I take it you did the Fox suggested settings and find it still lacking?  We noticed that it worked pretty damned good for 90-ish% of the riding done.  Only thing it needed was a little more compression to keep from bottoming, but that's because she's still running the too short "Big Hrons" and it's casing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

You pay extra for them to wipe off the spring rates with acetone so you have no idea on where to go on adjustments...  

Adjustments you'll probably need because for that you don't get some dude riding with you, asking what you like/don't like, and making it work for you.  You get a spring kit, revalve, and general suggestions on where to go to change things ("if you feel it bottoming, add more compression").  

I take it you did the Fox suggested settings and find it still lacking?  We noticed that it worked pretty damned good for 90-ish% of the riding done.  Only thing it needed was a little more compression to keep from bottoming, but that's because she's still running the too short "Big Hrons" and it's casing.

Yes, stock settings are a joke.  Main thing I would like is it to ride nicer in the chop and rocks. Of course everyone says the stock spring will constantly sag and need adjusted. Once I sell my boat and old rzr I might do the shocks vs waiting. Going to do it anyways so might as well get it done and enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is funny. I said chop and rocks and had not read this article yet. Looks like the price has gone up from $1649 shown here. Wow. Supply and demand.

Edited by onanysunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Yes, stock settings are a joke.  Main thing I would like is it to ride nicer in the chop and rocks. Of course everyone says the stock spring will constantly sag and need adjusted. Once I sell my boat and old rzr I might do the shocks vs waiting. Going to do it anyways so might as well get it done and enjoy it.

Stock settings suck, but did you do this:

FOX-tuning-diagrams-maverick-horiz-v2.jp

And this is my number one problem with the X3:

Glamis-March2017-062.jpg

Probably 8" of suspension travel left, but only 6" of ground clearance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I did those settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Yes, I did those settings.

Did you notice any difference at all after you set the Fox Race Tune?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SofaKing said:

Did you notice any difference at all after you set the Fox Race Tune?

Certainly a lot better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, onanysunday said:

I see the billet collars on your facebook page. What is the advantage? Just easier to turn with your wrench?

The billet collars replace the oem toothed preload and locking collar which use hook style spaner which tend to slip off , are frustrating to use, and bloody your knuckles. Our billet collars have a pinch-bolt to lock in place, & utilize a pin-style spanner to adjust that have “Positive” engagement,&  therefore  do not slip off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...