1newbie

sand mountain

Glamis is a looonnng haul for us nor ca peeps. Can anyone give me the 411 on sand mountain?

9 hours ago, 1newbie said:

Glamis is a looonnng haul for us nor ca peeps. Can anyone give me the 411 on sand mountain?

If you are talking Sand Mountain Nevada?  One hill, that's just about it.  One big a$$ hill of sand and you are done.  Pete and repeat.  When I was there back in 2010 That was it.  Did not ever pull my car out of the TH, road with a buddy up the hill and back down, loaded his car and hit the road east to Little Sahara Utah.

Kind of got the idea this is where all the drag quads (hill shooters) have gone too.

it is supposedly 5000 acres now with 25 miles of trails.  gotta be better than Pismo? 

45 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

it is supposedly 5000 acres now with 25 miles of trails.  gotta be better than Pismo? 

I've seen it and if that many trails I would think they would be dirt. It is just a big pile of sand and one pile.

Do a google Earth, it is just east of Fallon on Hwy 50.

Edited by Richard H

Been to all Three, Glamis, Pismo, and Sand Mountain.  The west side of the Mountain has few nice bowls and little open space to use your right foot.  There's one nice all Sand trail going back North East nice little ride about 3-4 miles long. Nicer ride space than Pismo and easier getting in and out, Way easier.........Weather over there a lot dryer which can be nice this time of year.  

Edited by Mr Freeze

4 hours ago, Richard H said:

Do a google Earth, it is just east of Fallon on Hwy 50.

Yup. Google even mounted a camera on a quad and took a ride around the area. You can cruise it on street view.

Sand Mountain.jpg

On 2/14/2019 at 8:14 PM, 1newbie said:

Glamis or Bust No Substitution ,  looonnng haul or not if you want the best ☺️

For us Nor cal peeps Sand Mountain is a good weekend sand fix but there are hundreds of miles of trails to old ghost town and a couple of pony express  monuments and places to get Ice Cold Delicious Beverage and food.

6 minutes ago, MoparMan said:

For us Nor cal peeps Sand Mountain is a good weekend sand fix but there are hundreds of miles of trails to old ghost town and a couple of pony express  monuments and places to get Ice Cold Delicious Beverage and food.

Back a few years ago you could get More. There was a brothel just down the road, now gone.

Yeah  a buddy told me it’s an off road store now not sure haven’t seen it myself 

12 hours ago, Richard H said:

Back a few years ago you could get More. There was a brothel just down the road, now gone.