Saw a few drive south past us in W22. Not one in W22 though.  Leaving on Sunday though now that's a different story  There was 2 directing traffic at the garbage cans and one sitting in his truck checking out those of us who didn't use the garbage cans. There was also one sitting at the end of the road to Boardmanville.

I hate driving by them I am always wondering if there is something I missed that they just might pounce on that I am not in compliance for. 

What a joke.  I wonder how many actually enhanced a visitor's weekend.

1 hour ago, Dunetamer said:

What a joke.  I wonder how many actually enhanced a visitor's weekend.

Did you mean to say "harassed" a visitors weekend?

4 hours ago, MWB said:

Saw a few drive south past us in W22. Not one in W22 though.  Leaving on Sunday though now that's a different story  There was 2 directing traffic at the garbage cans and one sitting in his truck checking out those of us who didn't use the garbage cans. There was also one sitting at the end of the road to Boardmanville.

I hate driving by them I am always wondering if there is something I missed that they just might pounce on that I am not in compliance for. 

I saw a few people pulled over friday am along wash road and I was thinking dauuummm what a way to start a weekend. :doh:

We had quite a few slowly cruising around the camps friday and saturday and I also noticed a few unmarked Tahoes as well. 

I stayed in w24 and left sunday as well and was surprised to see so many LEO's along wash road, I didn't stop at the trash area and saw a few hanging out as their last chance for whatever reason before you hit the 78. 

There also seemed to be a pile (pun) of people in line waiting for the pit toilets on the way out yesterday am :shocker: 

Why is anyone surprised by the big presence of the BLM on holiday weekends?  It has been this way for quite some time.  Maybe there are a few more now that more people are heading to the dunes on the big weekends.   I pulled in on Thursday night and did not see any LEO on the wash road.   When I left Sunday around 10 there were no BLM  or other LEO on the wash road.  

Saw the them one time in Wash 15 with lights on going to I presume an accident of some sort.  They never came into our camp.  

The only time the  rangers paid a  visited  to our camp this season was when we were parked on Gecko for MLK weekend.   We had some cones out for the last person to get to camp and he gave us a warning about leaving cones out to save space.  He was cool about it.

Seems to me Gecko and up to Wash 6 is easy pickings for the BLM.

We only stopped at Olds one time this weekend, and there were 4 Ranger's Trucks there, I just drove by and waved.  Saw one drive past our camp on Sunday morning and that is it.  Other than that I didn't see any others the entire weekend.  It is the case of where you hangout............................

If you want to see the Rangers on big weekends, do these things..............

Go to the Drags

Sit at the bottom of Olds all day

Go to Vendors

gecko loop

Wash 6 (or any lower number)