Jump to content
NIKAL

RV repair shops in San Diego

Recommended Posts

Can anyone recommend a RV repair shop in the East County that does interior repair that could repair or replace the ceiling headliner and also the clearance lights? Unfortunately with all this rain, water got in through a clearance light and water stained the ceiling  headliner in my motor home. 

Found out I had a problem when pulling out of the neighborhood and water was dripping out of the light over my head! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these folks did some work on the Toter Home for my team owner.  they did a good job of fixing up a problem that stumped a few folks....  

They also did some work on my trailer (years ago, before I owned it), which is how I got their name in the first place.  seem to be nice folks.

http://www.ricksrvcenters.com/

 

Bob

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobalos said:

these folks did some work on the Toter Home for my team owner.  they did a good job of fixing up a problem that stumped a few folks....  

They also did some work on my trailer (years ago, before I owned it), which is how I got their name in the first place.  seem to be nice folks.

http://www.ricksrvcenters.com/

 

Bob

 

Made small talk with one of their employees and he said they were busy all the time. I think that's a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricks rv is very good, but generally booked for about 2 months, rv and trailer supply on broadway in e cajon is doing service now and they have great prices on parts. Ny brother in law had webbs rv in lakeside align his toyhauler, fix a leaky tank, and replace an awning and was very happy with their service

Edited by sausage450r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you travel to North county,  we have had good luck with Freeway trailer in Escondido.  You need to ask for Derry in service.  He is a great guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Ricks rv is very good, but generally booked for about 2 months, rv and trailer supply on broadway in e cajon is doing service now and they have great prices on parts. Ny brother in law had webbs rv in lakeside align his toyhauler, fix a leaky tank, and replace an awning and was very happy with their service

I did not know RVTS on Broadway was now doing service? I’ve used them for part for years. I’ll give them a call and see what they can do. 

I used to use San Diego RV center on Bond next to Fortin,. But unfortunately they have changed some policies and now charge to give quotes. I get charging to diagnose a problem,  but charging to walk out and look at something, no thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NIKAL said:

I did not know RVTS on Broadway was now doing service? I’ve used them for part for years. I’ll give them a call and see what they can do. 

I used to use San Diego RV center on Bond next to Fortin,. But unfortunately they have changed some policies and now charge to give quotes. I get charging to diagnose a problem,  but charging to walk out and look at something, no thanks. 

I’ve worked next to them for 20 years. They have such a clientel base they can charge anything they want. Especially since they do body/paint insurance claims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

I’ve worked next to them for 20 years. They have such a clientel base they can charge anything they want. Especially since they do body/paint insurance claims

Yep they are good, but also reflect it in thier pricing & attitude sometimes. I’ve known the owners since they were employees of La Mesa RV.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update. I called RV Trailer Supply to see if they expanded their service side. They told me they are still only doing minor service.  After telling them what I’m looking to get done, they referred me to Discount RV Center in Lakeside. I called and after telling them what I wanted to get done, they said no problem. One of the items I wanted them to look at he said  “Let me save you some money and tell you how to fix it.” I thought that was pretty cool! 

I have a March 4th appt, I’ll let you all know how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today I took my Motorhome to Discount RV Center. Barney the owner came out and we went over everything I needed and wanted to fix. I was impressed, as he spent a good 30-40 min going over and looking everything over. He even talked me out of a few “Upgrades” I was considering, telling me it would cost more then it’s worth.

One of the day/night shade cords was messed up from the recliner hitting it and I wanted to replace it. He said let me have my wife get you the manufacture name & info.  He said it would be cheaper for me to order it and just replace it, vs paying him to do it. 

So far I’m very impressed with this family run RV shop. Barney seemed very knowledgeable about my Fleetwood Southwind. A couple of issues I’d had in the past,  he asked me if I’d had them and even offered advice on a few issues that could come up. 

So the plan is to reseal the whole roof, including pulling the AC’s and putting new gaskets in, new fridge vent cover, replacing all the clearance lights (upgrade to LED) and he showed me one of my door hinges was messed up, I’d already replaced 2 of the 4. He said I’m pretty sure I have them in stock, so I’ll fix that too.  As far as the stain of the headliner, he said again he could replace it, but it would never match the rest of the coach. He said before spending money going that route, try peroxide to lighten it. He said it should get 80% of the stain out. If that does not work well enough, then we will talk about replacement. 

I should have it done and back by Wednesday evening. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NIKAL said:

So today I took my Motorhome to Discount RV Center. Barney the owner came out and we went over everything I needed and wanted to fix. I was impressed, as he spent a good 30-40 min going over and looking everything over. He even talked me out of a few “Upgrades” I was considering, telling me it would cost more then it’s worth.

One of the day/night shade cords was messed up from the recliner hitting it and I wanted to replace it. He said let me have my wife get you the manufacture name & info.  He said it would be cheaper for me to order it and just replace it, vs paying him to do it. 

So far I’m very impressed with this family run RV shop. Barney seemed very knowledgeable about my Fleetwood Southwind. A couple of issues I’d had in the past,  he asked me if I’d had them and even offered advice on a few issues that could come up. 

So the plan is to reseal the whole roof, including pulling the AC’s and putting new gaskets in, new fridge vent cover, replacing all the clearance lights (upgrade to LED) and he showed me one of my door hinges was messed up, I’d already replaced 2 of the 4. He said I’m pretty sure I have them in stock, so I’ll fix that too.  As far as the stain of the headliner, he said again he could replace it, but it would never match the rest of the coach. He said before spending money going that route, try peroxide to lighten it. He said it should get 80% of the stain out. If that does not work well enough, then we will talk about replacement. 

I should have it done and back by Wednesday evening. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

Barney and Torrey are awesome people.  He has done a ton of work on my RV and stands behind it.  You won't get ripped off and they do quality work.  He does pretty good paint and body work too.  I have to call him to get some more stuff done on mine.  He did an insurace job for me last year and it came out great.  He handled everything with the insurance people too.

~jw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final update; I went to pick up my RV and Barney went over what they did. Everything looked great! I can’t say enough about Barney, his wife Tori and there is a young kid Barney took under his wing to teach the trade . Very respectful kid. 

One item he did not fix that he found during the initial walk around, was my entry door hinge. He said he got the new hinge, but after looking at the door, the two hinges I had replaced a couple of years ago we’re already doing the same thing. So he called the manufacture and complained. Well they admitted the hinge flaws and said they designed a brand new hinge that integrates all four hinges into one bar, keeping them square. Plus they now use a stainless pin and brass bushing. Barney persuaded them to send a new kit free of charge, and Barney offered to install for free. He said I don’t think it’s fair you should have to pay for this twice. But I told him he did not replace the first set of hinges. He said that’s OK, it should not take more then an hour, plus I’ll be his Ginny Pig, as he suspects more will be wanting this new door hinge. So they will call me when the part comes in. 

I cant say enough about how honest they have been, and how Barney has gone out of his way to take care of me, and I’m a first time customer. Not some long time loyal customer (I am now!) 

If your in the East County and need RV repair, I highly suggest Discount RV Center.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

Final update; I went to pick up my RV and Barney went over what they did. Everything looked great! I can’t say enough about Barney, his wife Tori and there is a young kid Barney took under his wing to teach the trade . Very respectful kid. 

One item he did not fix that he found during the initial walk around, was my entry door hinge. He said he got the new hinge, but after looking at the door, the two hinges I had replaced a couple of years ago we’re already doing the same thing. So he called the manufacture and complained. Well they admitted the hinge flaws and said they designed a brand new hinge that integrates all four hinges into one bar, keeping them square. Plus they now use a stainless pin and brass bushing. Barney persuaded them to send a new kit free of charge, and Barney offered to install for free. He said I don’t think it’s fair you should have to pay for this twice. But I told him he did not replace the first set of hinges. He said that’s OK, it should not take more then an hour, plus I’ll be his Ginny Pig, as he suspects more will be wanting this new door hinge. So they will call me when the part comes in. 

I cant say enough about how honest they have been, and how Barney has gone out of his way to take care of me, and I’m a first time customer. Not some long time loyal customer (I am now!) 

If your in the East County and need RV repair, I highly suggest Discount RV Center.  

They are really good people and do good work.  They took care of me too.  Glad it worked out for you.   

~jw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...