happyharold4

Need Some Recommendations For An Auto Body Shop In San Diego

I have a 2013 VW Jetta that is insured with Geico and will need some body work.  If you've had a good experience with a shop in San Diego, please post up with contact info.  Thanks

Happy

Lots of good shops...who does geico recommend?   I would get some shops from them and then look on yelp....it's paint on metal....not that hard.

Plus if they recommend them and something goes wrong   you can just say...."well YOU sent me there".....works every time.

Penske collision center in La Mesa (used to be drew ford) did a decent job quickly and with good communication not long ago. 

Not sure what part of Sd you’re in. 

I have used Philip Thearles in Santee. They deal with all insurance companies. They do top notch work, and have all the latest equipment. They started out as being the shop all the high end manufactures used. They have been Aluminum body certified with BMW since early 2000’s. I believe their one of the few shops that are authorized to repair Tesla’s. 

Check out the pictures of their shop on the website. It’s not like your typical body shop. 

https://www.ptautowerks.com

Edited by NIKAL

Like in post above, look at shops with Icar Gold class status. It goes to level of on going education of industry changes. Shows they care. 

I’ve had work done at the former drew ford la Mesa body shop. No experience now that it’s a fix auto. 

Recently got my Range Rover repaired at Philip thearles in Santee after I got rear ended. They aren’t the cheapest, but did a great job with a fairly quick turnaround. Seamless repair in the aluminum quarter panel. 

16 minutes ago, xtracrispy said:

I’ve had work done at the former drew ford la Mesa body shop. No experience now that it’s a fix auto. 

Recently got my Range Rover repaired at Philip thearles in Santee after I got rear ended. They aren’t the cheapest, but did a great job with a fairly quick turnaround. Seamless repair in the aluminum quarter panel. 

Kind of funny, here the cheaper shops were somewhat busy. The more costly had months waiting list.

1 minute ago, Richard H said:

Kind of funny, here the cheaper shops were somewhat busy. The more costly had months waiting list.

Yeah. To be fair, I had to wait about 10 days to drop it off. Then it sat for a couple weeks while I waited for insurance to get their crap together(it was over Christmas/New Years so that delayed things), but it only took about a week once the repairs were actually started. 

Donahue automotive 619-258-0795 they are on Denny way in El Cajon. Same parking lot as AG sand cars. 

I used Sid's Autobody on El Cajon BL several times and was pleased with the results.

21 hours ago, NIKAL said:

I have used Philip Thearles in Santee. They deal with all insurance companies. They do top notch work, and have all the latest equipment. They started out as being the shop all the high end manufactures used. They have been Aluminum body certified with BMW since early 2000’s. I believe their one of the few shops that are authorized to repair Tesla’s. 

Check out the pictures of their shop on the website. It’s not like your typical body shop. 

https://www.ptautowerks.com

Phil Thearles for sure. They’ve repaired 3 cars perfectly for me. 

I didn't like the shop that fixed my car in Lemon Grove.  Wonderful customer service, but not a perfect job. I think

they would of fixed the little things, but I didn't want to hassle with it. A little overspray on the b-pillar and the front plastic fender well

and an extra bolt in the trunk. They guarantee the paint for life but not from chipping.

Thanks a lot for all the responses.  Just curious why the vehicle would have to sit in their yard while waiting for repair vs them giving a calendar date for you to bring it in when they have an opening.  Also someone mentioned waiting for the insurance company to fund.  Don't most companies cut the check for the amount of repairs to the customer vs to the repair shop, and then the customer has to make up the difference for the deduction of the deductible?  Thanks

Happy