i8sand

California

I had the great pleasure of visiting the Temecula area this passed weekend. My daughter's high school was in a band competition at Great Oaks High school. First off let me say we are from Arizona, and settle down this is not a bash California thread. We got the same storm California got last week Thursday and it dropped record rain and snow. I live on the outskirts of Phoenix where we only received rain, about 2.5" in 24 hours. We did get a dusting of snow on the mountains that surround our valley.  Which was not viable when we started our journey to California. We did see some snow capped mountains as we headed west . How ever once we reached Indio and could see the mountain by Palm Springs, it was pretty impressive with the amount of snow that was on it. As we moved on through Palm Springs we could see the mountains to the north covered in snow. Your mountains are much more impressive than the ones surrounding Phx. Much taller ! Anyways to my point of this post, we jumped back and forth from Hemet to Temecula all weekend and were just amazed at the views and landscape. We don't realize how much of a desert we live in here in AZ. until we experience  some actual greenery some place else. 

OK - maybe there is a little CA bashing in this thread. 

What is up with all the ginormous potholes ?!

Why do I have to pay $2.00 extra for a pack of water at Walmart ? what is CRV ?

Your gas is $1.00 more per gallon than AZ, what makes it so much better, does it not come from the same refineries ?

What is the deal with that News anchor that died, story was big news as his autopsy was just released ?

Last one.................    I promise my wife will never ask for a straw ever again at a Restaurant in California. It was like in the movies when the whole place gets quiet and you feel every eyeball on you !

With that being said we had a great time, our daughter's high school got 1st place for their class, we enjoyed the Temecula area. We will be back, with our own water and straws ! :)

Since I live close by I will try to answer the questions.

Yes everything is green right now, but come May when the weather heats up it will be brown dead grass.  It is amazing right now, I love it.  I actually love the area, lots of things to do and only 3 hours from Glamis.

Potholes, cheap ass cities and State, but then again record rains do produce them fast...............

Gas, all about taxes.

News Anchor, KTLA 5 news is the most watched in SoCal.  he died of a Meth overdose.  He was found  dead in an hotel during the day.  Was with Gay lover doing Meth and getting fisted (Guy had Meth in his hand as well inside of him, with mask).  A couple tidbits that didn't hit the news, this wasn't the first time, there was a gallon of lube and some crazy huge chain in the room as well.  His gay Asian lover said he had some weird fetishes???  Also he was Married with a 8 yr old girl at home.

As for straws, they are taboo like plastic bags now, saving the world one straw at a time.

And CRV, recycling fee..............some guys just got busted bringing truckloads of plastic bottles from AZ to CA to recycle, we pay more because of the CRV fee.

Congrats to your daughter

Edited by Cookie

Gas is $1.00 more to fix the potholes, lol.  Bet it ends up going for State employee pensions.  CRV is the nickle a bottle and can that the state charges so that bums rummage through your trash and recycling bins every week.  It is the Ca Redemption Value and is supposed to make everyone recycle.  It actually just lets the hobo's buy beer when they have tipped enough cans over on your block.  At least that is how it worked in my old neighborhood in San Diego.  So glad I left all that madness and only return to go to Glamis.

California has some of the most amazing mountains valleys and topography in the country. We have some of the coolest roads you could ever lean a motorcycle around and of course Glamis. 

Everything you found bad is only the tip of the iceberg here and all a result of libtards and thier quest to destroy what was once the greatest state in the nation. It is quickly becoming a 3rd world shithole. 

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

random fact for you, the mountain by palm springs you were talking about is the fastest rising mountain in north America. the military used to do climbing training there for the fighter pilots. palm springs airport is very close to the bottom of the mountain, but all the old people that lived by the airport bitched and complained about the noise so no more. there is a tram that will take you to the top. but right now it is closed because the road to it washed away, in the last storm palm springs got over 60% of its annual rainfall in one day. it was nuts, golf courses were raging rivers, roads are just washed out. 

Potholes.....?  Don't worry, we now have a tax that is going to make all roads buttery smooth like mother G after a good storm.  :sarcasm:

CRV......It's just another CA tax just like the TV Recycling Fee, Lumber Fee, etc, etc.......There are so many I don't want to think about it.

And the answer to just about anything else is going to somehow be about TAXES.  It's ok though, I work so obviously I can support the millions who pay for everything they own with Gov't freebies.    

Other than that its a great state!!

Gas in the state is not just more expensive because of taxes, it's actually different gas all together and is more expensive to produce.

"On most days, gasoline in California costs more than it does in other states. That's partly because California is considered an island in the industry, cut off from other oil-producing regions by its stringent environmental rules and a dearth of interstate pipelines. To improve air quality, the state limits the type of gasoline to a specially formulated blend commonly known as CARBOB. The blend, too expensive for most outside producers to make and deliver, is largely created within the state."

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-gas-prices-20150401-story.html

WE HAVE GLAMIS!!!!!  You do not :bigrin

Anyone see Toll Brothers report that their new home sales down 24%.  That is just the beginning of the decline in CA real estate due in part of the elimination of SALT taxes.  The retards in Sac have no F'n idea what is in store for them...……….

Recent poll showed that 53% of Californians want to leave the state.  64% of millennials surveyed want to leave the state.  How does the future look for California...…….

Edited by 1newbie
update

18 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

Anyone see Toll Brothers report that their new home sales down 24%.  That is just the beginning of the decline in CA real estate due in part of the elimination of SALT taxes.  The retards in Sac have no F'n idea what is in store for them...……….

Recent poll showed that 53% of Californians want to leave the state.  64% of millennials surveyed want to leave the state.  How does the future look for California...…….

The company I work for is moving out of the state to Denver (700 jobs), only 100 people are moving to Denver and 600 people are walking away from 6 figure salaries. Our company is based in the Bay Area, shows you the difference of attitude between NoCal and SoCal.  Zero pay cut, less expensive housing and they rather stay in Ca???  I don't get it.  Denver is getting some great jobs.

FYI, I don't have to move, I am remote.

7 minutes ago, Cookie said:

The company I work for is moving out of the state to Denver (700 jobs), only 100 people are moving to Denver and 600 people are walking away from 6 figure salaries. Our company is based in the Bay Area, shows you the difference of attitude between NoCal and SoCal.  Zero pay cut, less expensive housing and they rather stay in Ca???  I don't get it.  Denver is getting some great jobs.

FYI, I don't have to move, I am remote.

Maybe they would miss stepping on hypodermic needles and human shit. :lol:

42 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

WE HAVE GLAMIS!!!!!  You do not :bigrin

The next big earth quake Glamis might be in Arizona. :lol: DON~~~

Or Glamis could be the new Oceano Sand Dunes.

CA wastes over $20 Billion/yr on illegal aliens.

So the legal citizens end up getting it in the shorts with reduced services, like freeway repairs, infrastructure repairs (water mains, sewage treatment, bridge repairs, parks,) no shooting ranges, closed rest areas, fewer and fewer RV dump stations, etc.

But the lifeguards, politicians and certain other state employees are making bank.

7 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

CA wastes over $20 Billion/yr on illegal aliens.

So the legal citizens end up getting it in the shorts with reduced services, like freeway repairs, infrastructure repairs (water mains, sewage treatment, bridge repairs, parks,) no shooting ranges, closed rest areas, fewer and fewer RV dump stations, etc.

But the lifeguards, politicians and certain other state employees are making bank.

And The Democrats are looking at about 100+ ways of taxing us even MORE...asap!

Posted (edited)

OT but you can already see the results of the SALT tax elimination.  NY real estate prices down 7% and Miami real estate prices up 11%.  Rich New Yorkers having no part of this BS...…...

The SALT elimination is just the icing on the cake.  So many Californians just sick of the crime, liberal attitude, high cost of living, crappy schools, etc., etc. the list goes on and on.  Gavin living in a bubble with his billionaire super model wife.  He will just perpetuate the degradation of this (once great) state...…….

Edited by 1newbie
update

Great Oak is a nice school. Temecula is famous for it's traffic, hope you didn't get caught up in that too much.

They fill the potholes in with asphalt, next big rain comes and washes it out, rinse and repeat.

Hopefully you weren't in Hemet after dark.

I proudly announce I want a straw.

In the cafeteria at my work when order a drink they give it to you in a cup with a lid on it. Then wait for you to ask for a straw. So stupid. I save cans and bottles for my daughter. After a month of saving, filling 2 giant trash can, we take it to recycle and get $15.  I drive a Leaf spring F350 single cab and often drive on the shoulder to avoid pot holes and have even been pulled over for weaving. When the cop ask me what I was doing I said avoiding pot holes. He shrugged his shoulders and said have a nice day. 

Posted (edited)

And this one time, at band camp.............................................

Edited by ahipara 55

Really, on the pot holes?

I know they are working on it now, but I40 between Kingman and Flagstaff was the biggest-potholed-POS I had ever had the displeasure of driving on for years.

2 hours ago, 1newbie said:

Do you really believe California is going to be the ONLY  state affected when the  real estate and the economy turns soft? Its already softening so hang on to your $$.

You should feel it by this time next year. ALL the states!

Caltrans is nothing but a giant black hole that the state pours money into and nothing comes out. I've got a relative who works for Caltrans and every time he starts telling me  his work stories I wanna puke. All they do is sit on their asses and try to think up new ways to make workers comp, disability or discrimination claims.

I hope the real estate market softens in Arizona, as I am leaving Commiefornia after 63 years. I have a young daughter and have to put her in private school as the public ones suck in my area. I will l not take any goofy California thinking with me as I am a strong conservative and my wife has become one. In a few years they will finally break down prop 13, which puts some controls on our property taxes, and California will be history. I agree with every ones comments above. Once a great state, now a commie S hole. They are consolidating all of there power in Sacramento, that is what it is all about.

It is quickly becoming a 3rd world shithole. 

Where have you been for the last 20 years?????????

Have no worry ca is slowly creeping over to AZ too.The liberals screwed this state up now complain about high cost so they see it cheaper in AZ so they go there but also take their vooting ways with them and start a new cycle.