rampster

Element fire extinguisher - smaller, lighter, better?

Looks cool, is it a one time use? I guess most of them are anyway. DON~~~

Posted (edited)

I saw this technology before.   I thought it was interesting and like the idea of no residue, but two things bothered me. the first is that it would seem to work only where there is no wind or in an enclosed space, the second is that its based on Saltpeter (Potassium Nitrate), the stuff black powder is made from.   So until its gets some certs behind it - I was not going to to be the first to try it. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 10.40.02 AM.png

Edited by fullthrottleguy

The videos I watched seems like you have to get extremely close to the fire to put out.

1 hour ago, Bobalos said:

So maybe in their video of how to use it, they could actually put out a fire.................

Ha Ha........that was pretty lame. Take one: "Hey. I thought this was a road flare."

The problem with this type of extinguisher in our type of vehicle is the wind. Any gas only type agent will dilute very quickly with even a small amount of wind. The preferred type would leave a film of some kind of agent around to either keep the fire smothered or cooled. 

My preferred choice on a system is the AFFF type that dumps foam/water solution and leaves a very wet film and doesn't get affected by the wind. 

Don't know who is in charge of their marketing but they need to fire him/her! Could they make the video any shorter?