Sign in to follow this  
onanysunday

Down in Glamis and need some more fuel - Flex fuel E50-54

I know this is a long shot but want to throw it out there. I brought 55 gallons of fuel and with conditions so good have burned through it faster than expected. Would like to stay a few more days. My first option is if someone has an ethanol fuel tester and if I could find some E85 in Brawley. So far can't find any calling around. I could make my own with a tester. Mine is at home. The quick fuels 36-E85QFT shows on Oreillys website but Brawley does not have it. Other options would be if someone is coming down tomorrow from Phoenix and will be getting gas anyway and could grab me some. Don't want anyone going out of their way. Only a few select stations have it.  Like I said a long shot. I have fuel for tomorrow.  Thankyou.

I did also call a bunch of stations in Yuma looking for E54 and no bueno. That would be really easy if someone carried it there.

17 minutes ago, GRANT@FUNCO said:

el centro for e 85

Thanks Grant, El Centro Shell has it for $2.79. Only .20 more than Phoenix. I would just need someones tester to mix some fuel. This will learn me to bring mine from now on.

I guess I don't want to have someone unhook their truck and drive me all the way to El Centro for extra fuel. Epic trip and one more day of duning I will go home Happy. My car is running so damn good. Just don't want to go home. Most things in life are just a filler in between going on a killer Dune trip.

Huge shout out and thanks to Chizzle on the board. He is going to drive across town, buy me some fuel, and bring tomorrow. :igar::flag:

Future note el centro isnt much further then Brawley, I believe every Thursday they have e85 on sale. And added bonus in n out is about a block away that alone makes the drive worth it. 

It usually tests 85+ so you could likely mix 60/40 and be pretty safe 

49 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

I have some right now.  I just arrived at the very very very end of road runner, canal side

What brings you back to mother G number one Subee owner?

1 hour ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

Every two weeks until my hip surgery in may.

Ouch, been there twice. My last one I waited to long and it popped out of joint. Ouch. DON~~~

6 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

I have some right now.  I just arrived at the very very very end of road runner, canal side

John, Thanks for the offer. I assume you have E85? Would rather not have to try mix the fuel for the correct ratio if possible. 

21 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

Every two weeks until my hip surgery in may.

So You trying to wear out the old one before the new replacement.   Going to go bionic on us then?  I'll try and get up there for a run before we leave in April.