aboveall1

Who wears a helmet?

On 3/17/2019 at 8:41 AM, aboveall1 said:

Does this keep the sand out pretty good?

The only way to keep sand out is to pressurize the helmet with a parker pumper with the neck skirt or similar type of device. 

On 3/16/2019 at 10:46 PM, J Alper said:

these are the 2 I like allot of rear support and the simpson has allot of front support,  I have been in a couple of ejections and they worked good for me,

rw200.jpg

simpsonkartingneckbrace.jpg

Yes to this kind of neck brace. No to the HANS type.  While the HANS type has a lot more protection for the possible neck injuries it also (if properly worn) limits your viability and while wearing one on a race track where everyone is going the same direction limited viability isn't going to kill somebody in the dunes it is flat out irresponsible to wear one. 

8 minutes ago, MWB said:

Yes to this kind of neck brace. No to the HANS type.  While the HANS type has a lot more protection for the possible neck injuries it also (if properly worn) limits your viability and while wearing one on a race track where everyone is going the same direction limited viability isn't going to kill somebody in the dunes it is flat out irresponsible to wear one. 

Oooooold HANS (like 10 years ago), yes.  New ones, you can turn about as far with as without:

JEF6891-L.jpg

They changed the fixed anchor to a sliding one:

JEF6615-L.jpg

I wear a moto style helmet so I can use goggles.  Used to use my road racing helmet, but couldn't keep the sand out of it, especially on windy rides.