Sign in to follow this  
Dan.hero

First Time to Glamis

Moved to Vegas about 3 years ago from the northeast for work and currently doing a work trip in Yuma and thinking about taking my 2016 Husky TE300 to the dunes (I do have a paddle and a whip) this Saturday/Sunday/Weekend.  I would be coming alone, so I was wondering if there were any groups that i could join. I am a good rider who rides anything from tough technical to fast desert.  Also where is the best place to park/camp.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

52 minutes ago, Dan.hero said:

Moved to Vegas about 3 years ago from the northeast for work and currently doing a work trip in Yuma and thinking about taking my 2016 Husky TE300 to the dunes (I do have a paddle and a whip) this Saturday/Sunday/Weekend.  I would be coming alone, so I was wondering if there were any groups that i could join. I am a good rider who rides anything from tough technical to fast desert.  Also where is the best place to park/camp.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Need a BLM sticker on your truck first thing. 

12 hours ago, fastcorvairs said:

Need a BLM sticker on your truck first thing. 

Understand that but is there a good spot to meet up with other riders?

1 hour ago, Dan.hero said:

Understand that but is there a good spot to meet up with other riders?

You can park at osborne overlook,  easy to find from just about anywhere. Meet up spots to come up on a potential group of strangers to join would be places like, the glamis store, oldsmobile, comp, vendors. You could also park near vendors/beach store. Its not uncommon to just tag along with a group you come up on inthe dunes (good bowls behind osborne).

have a great time, im day tripping with my kids to plaster city (airshow in el centro this weekend). Im sure someone from the boards who will be there will chime in and be happy to have you join.

CARRY WATER

Arriving Friday night or sat am.  You could alw as us tag behind a few fast buggies. But we leave mid day sat.  There are some bikes in our group. It's been a little windy